It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Violent Scenes' Outside Merseyside Hotel Housing Asylum Seekers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You turn a blind eye to racism in The SNP. Now ask me if i a surprised.

Plenty more racists in The SNP should you actually look.

Nicola Sturgeon has promised to root out and condemn racism after the SNP was forced to suspend a policy adviser for saying home secretary Priti Patel should be "sent back to Uganda"

www.scotsman.com... ber-suspension-over-priti-patel-comment-3615958

I love chatting with hypocrites.
"
I would go further and send her deep into space with just enough fuel to get wherever the # deep space is.

"Deportation to Rwanda" = "deportation to the east for resettlement". We know how that turned out.
You would be ripe for picking in 30's German. You all have learned nothing.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

That comparison is only valid if we bomb and occupy their 'Lebensraum' which we currently don't do... that much.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I wouldn't argue with any of that, just pointing out some things you have been offered for free which you apparently forgot about?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Eh, you must have missed the part where i said i paid £2000 per month in taxes.

I'd hardly call that free.

My children are privately educated and i use private healthcare and dentist.
edit on 11/2/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Good for you. That's your choice.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yep, and it entitles me to complain about dole dossers who want everything for nothing while maintaining a place at the discussion table.

Moral of the story, get a job you lazy cheats.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

If paying tax was a choice i think i know what i'd choose.

34% of my current deductions would be in the bank.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Asylum seekers in the USA have to fleeing a specific threat or oppression.

Is that a U.K. requirement too?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No, that would be a refugee. Asylum seekers are those applying for refugee status.

I have no problem with anyone coming here with legitimate concerns for their own or their family safety. As long as they're willing to work for their bread. It's the free handout system i object to.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That comparison is only valid if we bomb and occupy their 'Lebensraum' which we currently don't do... that much.

We had a massive hand in destabilizing the whole of the middle east, Afghanistan, etc. We used Bombs and occupied it for 20 years.
edit on 11-2-2023 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think they only have to fear their safety in their country is at risk due to religion or political persuasion they can claim asylum , the bar is set low.

Refugees from Ukraine and Hong Kong have been welcomed and are part of the record rise in entrants but those coming across in boats and are majority young males have to be viewed with suspicion as many are Muslim and from countries where terrorist ideologies are rampant.

Letting them roam free is asking for trouble.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I totally agree, we created our own problem. Acknowledgement of that doesn't offer solutions. Strategically the UK simply can't afford to be anything other than a puppet of the US when it comes to military intervention.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Anyone can claim Asylum in the UK.

Asylum in the UK

Where do asylum-seekers in the UK come from?

Amongst adults, Albania was the top nationality claiming asylum in the UK in the year ending September 2022 with 13,650 asylum claims. Iran is now second, after being the first every year since 2016.

In the year ending September 2021, the top five countries of nationality for asylum applications (from main applicants) were:  Albania  (13,650), Iran (9,652), Afghanistan (6,644) Iraq (6,333) and Syria (4,143).

Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. Like Solo said, we created the problem ourselves. I'd imagine an Iraqi would move here for safety, after watching British bombs destroy their country this probably seems like the safest place.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Do you really think that our government wants to do something about this but can’t because of the European court? Why doesn’t this court have any protections for our own homeless?

The government could easily break up the people trafficking gangs if they really wanted to, just like they could have gone after grooming gangs, but instead it was left to the victims to expose that and the few people with any integrity left in the legal system.

This is clearly part of a bigger long term plan, that plan is to bring down the standard of living in the west to that of 3rd world countries. The gated communities, with their private security that are springing up all over the place here, have long been in established in various 3rd world countries.

The Kalergi plan (white genocide, or melting of all races in a pot):

Bitchute video

And like the video says, nobody ever says "Asia needs diversity" or "Africa needs diversity" , it's always in the west only.
These psychopaths want one race, one order, one minion easily controllable mindset , one currency , one law (theirs) etc , all so we're easily controlled (like ants).

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I totally agree, we created our own problem. Acknowledgement of that doesn't offer solutions. Strategically the UK simply can't afford to be anything other than a puppet of the US when it comes to military intervention.

The old, A Big boy made me do it excuse.
If we have a hand in destabilizing a country or a region the way we have done for centuries we should be prepared to offer sanctuary to those who have had their lives turned upside down because of our actions. Long gone are are the days of committing atrocities around the globe and nearer home and everyone turning a blind eye to it.

The Human rights act wasn't just a good idea. It serves a purpose. It protects individuals from the evils of tyrants and holds monsters to account....or at least it puts a spotlight on them.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I'd imagine an Iraqi would move here for safety, after watching British bombs destroy their country this probably seems like the safest place.

Or revenge.

Albanian's are coming in to work in the underworld , if Russia bombed my country that would not make that country my first destination of choice , an easy life on hand outs seems more of an incentive to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yes, as i said i agree with you.

Personally i protested against both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Not that it did any good.

Still, the UK and US are allies, if the US supports a war our government will do the same, despite my protestations.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Na, you are just regurgitating tired old far-right extremist views of Mosley, Farage, Dowson, Golding, etc. Hardly your own Opinions.

And you are falling into the same old trap of believing the opinion of others is driven by what they read or hear rather than their experiences in the places they live , sometimes I feel like a foreigner in my own town.

To some here I'm a "Leftist" but to others I'm "far Right" , I guess that's down to the politics of the observer and their own biases.

I have no horse in this race, but I do see you have made a good debate on this for people like me to see a window into what is happening there. I clearly see name calling is not as bad as our Dems but it is close from those wishing to say 'you are wrong'....

You strike me as a Libertarian from the UK.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Sure, they're heading to the country with the easiest access to a higher standard of living.

The question remains with regard Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. Have our actions forced these people into leaving their homes and if so do we have a responsibility to help them?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I seem to have stumbled into the viler part of the Readers Comments section of a shrill, badly-researched and massively biased Daily Mail / Daily Express article.
I despair of this place sometimes. The general spitting on the concept of laws is getting depressing.
Anyway: what's the solution? How about a spot of mass-murder? After all, the new (and demented) vice-Chair of the Tory Party says that the death penalty is just fine, because executed people commit 0% of all the crime out there. Why don't we just sink the ships coming over with a few volleys of high-explosives? Will that fit the general mood of all-immigrants-are-spongers, or should they all be flogged before being murdered?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join