It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: MIT Professor calls for the immediate suspension of all mRNA vaccines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Asmodeus3

It's not a strawman... covid is a virus right? Why would it act any differently than all others out there?

I mean, my tetanus shot story might be a strawman, but the principles of vaccines and inoculations is similar to covid and vaccines for covid.

Biology doesn't magically change with covid.

There are different types of viruses. Not all viruses are the same.

My question was different. Do you claim that there are no vaccines that can stop infection and transmission? This is not about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

And Covid us not a virus. Is the disease that found be caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The same may cause nothing to a large number of people who never get Covid. They are asymptomatic just as I was.

Then why are virologists using the words 'virus' and 'viral'? Are you saying virologists don't know what a virus is?

"How researchers anticipate the evolutionary trajectory of the virus in advance in the design of next-generation vaccines requires investigation," Zhao continued. "Here, we performed a comprehensive study of 11,650,487 SARS-CoV-2 sequences, which revealed that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein evolved not randomly but into directional paths of either high infectivity plus low immune resistance or low infectivity plus high immune resistance."

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Learn the different types of viruses and why vaccines sometimes can prevent transmission and infection and other types are unable to do so.

Do not ask me idiotic questions and don't link irrelevant quotes.

You specifically mentioned sars-cov-2 as not being a virus, now you are claiming all types of viruses are not the same. I posted a source specifically about sars-cov-2 replying to your 'sars-cov-2' is not a virus. Idiotic is the right word for it.

You are chating nonsense! Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus? Can you not read?

It's the friend of yours above that refers to it as COVID. But COVID-19 is the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2.

I think you are now confusing your arguments even more than before.

Oh I see, you don't know what Covid-19 is or where it came from, how unobservant of me. Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus. Now perhaps we can have an intelligent discussion?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Don't spin this on me.

You're part of the group that believed vaccines were a shield wall to a virus, and then felt like you were lied to. That's the vibe I'm getting. Because I've known for a long time that vaccines aren't 100% effective.

Strawman. The arguement isnt about something being 100% effective, it's about it being 0% effective and only harmful.

No one is complaning about it being 90% effective, they are complaining about it being useless and ONLY harmful.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Don't spin this on me.

You're part of the group that believed vaccines were a shield wall to a virus, and then felt like you were lied to. That's the vibe I'm getting. Because I've known for a long time that vaccines aren't 100% effective.

Strawman. The arguement isnt about something being 100% effective, it's about it being 0% effective and only harmful.

No one is complaning about it being 90% effective, they are complaining about it being useless and ONLY harmful.

Try again.

Fearmongering seems to be the agenda with your group obviously due to confusion and I have a vision of your type of people with hands over their ears repeating the words 'blah blah blah' whenever real science and truth are shown.
edit on q00000003131America/Chicago3939America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It's not a strawman... covid is a virus right? Why would it act any differently than all others out there?

I mean, my tetanus shot story might be a strawman, but the principles of vaccines and inoculations is similar to covid and vaccines for covid.

My question was different. Do you claim that there are no vaccines that can stop infection and transmission? This is not about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

And Covid us not a virus. Is the disease that found be caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The same may cause nothing to a large number of people who never get Covid. They are asymptomatic just as I was.

Then why are virologists using the words 'virus' and 'viral'? Are you saying virologists don't know what a virus is?

"How researchers anticipate the evolutionary trajectory of the virus in advance in the design of next-generation vaccines requires investigation," Zhao continued. "Here, we performed a comprehensive study of 11,650,487 SARS-CoV-2 sequences, which revealed that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein evolved not randomly but into directional paths of either high infectivity plus low immune resistance or low infectivity plus high immune resistance."

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Learn the different types of viruses and why vaccines sometimes can prevent transmission and infection and other types are unable to do so.

You specifically mentioned sars-cov-2 as not being a virus, now you are claiming all types of viruses are not the same. I posted a source specifically about sars-cov-2 replying to your 'sars-cov-2' is not a virus. Idiotic is the right word for it.

You are chating nonsense! Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus? Can you not read?

It's the friend of yours above that refers to it as COVID. But COVID-19 is the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2.

Oh I see, you don't know what Covid-19 is or where it came from, how unobservant of me. Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus. Now perhaps we can have an intelligent discussion?

Again you are chating nonsense.

Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus?? You have made this claim earlier.

Your friend above didn't know the difference between Covid-19 and SARS-CoV-2. It wasnt me by the way.

You are making the same false claims which shoes lack of understanding of the most basics.
This is what you said above:

Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus

What are you talking about???

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

The member above believes the following

That's good to know. Don't you think?!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus?? You have made this claim earlier.

Your friend above didn't know the difference between Covid-19 and SARS-CoV-2. It wasnt me by the way.

You are making the same false claims which shoes lack of understanding of the most basics.

OK I see you are triggered and no reasonable and/or intelligent discussion can be had when you are in this state, so I've said what I wanted to say, or rather what Dr. Levi had to say about data analytics.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Now I remember you took part in one of my thread about herd immunity!

So, can herd immunity be achieved via vaccinations?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Because I've known for a long time that vaccines aren't 100% effective.

Ok so for any vaccine to be effective (successful) at stopping transmission, what percentage do you think it needs to hit?
90%? 70%? 50%?

What are the Covid vaccine’s effectiveness of stopping transmission?
10%? 5%? 0%?

If it’s higher than 5%, I would be shocked.
That’s piss poor performance for a vaccine that cost hundreds of billions of dollars to manufacture and distribute across the planet and not be effective.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

OK I see you are triggered and no reasonable and/or intelligent discussion can be had when you are in this state, so I've said what I wanted to say, or rather what Dr. Levi had to say about data analytics.

Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus??
Show me.

Do you still believe the following

Is Covid-19 a virus?
Did this virus come from SARS-CoV-2 as you claimed above

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Ok so for any vaccine to be effective (successful) at stopping transmission, what percentage do you think it needs to hit?
90%? 70%? 50%?

10%? 5%? 0%?

That’s piss poor performance for a vaccine that cost hundreds of billions of dollars to manufacture and distribute across the planet and not be effective.

All of those scenarios percentages depend on many factors. You have to stop depending on others' limited research or their biased misinformation sources in forming opinions.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Not a strawman more of a ad hominem.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Show me.

Is Covid-19 a virus?

Where do you think Covid-19 came from?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes, that's one of the main functions of viral vaccines. Just with covid since it spreads so fast, and mutates so rapidly and we as humans travel so much the vaccines have a hard time keeping up.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

90%? 70%? 50%?

10%? 5%? 0%?

All of those scenarios percentages depend on many factors. You have to stop depending on others' limited research or their biased misinformation sources in forming opinions.

Bullsh!t.
The numbers don’t lie about how the Polio vaccine is considered 100% successful at stopping transmission when taking the required doses.
It doesn’t take anything more than limited research to know the Covid vaccine is not successful or effective at any percentage rate, by taking 1 or 1000 doses or boosters.
Anyone doing more than brief, limited research and still insists on praising the Covid vaccines has something to gain financially or is just lying.
I don’t want to call anyone stupid, but that is the third choice.
edit on 31-1-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

90%? 70%? 50%?

10%? 5%? 0%?

Bullsh!t.
The numbers don’t lie about how the Polio vaccine is considered 100% successful at stopping transmission when taking the required doses.
It doesn’t take anything more than limited research to know the Covid vaccine is not successful or effective at any percentage rate, by taking 1 or 1000 doses or boosters.
Anyone doing more than brief, limited research and still insists on praising the Covid vaccines has something to gain financially or is just lying.

Dr. Levi, the OPs source, says the numbers don't show causality, so they may not lie in one area, that being MERELY correlation, but they certainly don't give the true reality.

and changes in patient behaviours = many factors

- better understanding required -

One of the authors, Retsef Levi, told us in an email that the study’s finding are “merely correlation and NOT proving causality!” and that the paper suggests more studies should be done to “better understand causal mechanisms that could be any combination of COVID-19 infections, vaccines and potentially other factors, such as changes in patient behaviors.”

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Show me.

Is Covid-19 a virus?

I am asking again to explain what you said above.

This is what you said

Is Covid-19 a virus?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yes, that's one of the main functions of viral vaccines. Just with covid since it spreads so fast, and mutates so rapidly and we as humans travel so much the vaccines have a hard time keeping up.

Can we get herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 via vaccinations?
edit on 31-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

90%? 70%? 50%?

10%? 5%? 0%?

Bullsh!t.

Basic common sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Show me.

Is Covid-19 a virus?

I am asking again to explain what you said above.

This is what you said

Is Covid-19 a virus?

Where do you think Covid-19 came from? We can't proceed until you answer the question, or are you still looking it up?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Can we get herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 via vaccinations?

That depends on many varying factors. Do your research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join