It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the infection fatality rate (IFR) of Covid 19 now?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

"Who is believing in conspiracy theories?"

Errrm...your good self, for instance?

Do you not realise that this is actually a Conspiracy Theory website?

Instead of deflecting, are you able to back up your claim about comparison being made between COVID and Spanish Flu?

It's a simple enough question about your own claim.

I'd be grateful for a straight answer, please.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ATS infested with the 77th brigade.
edit on 29-1-2023 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction
a reply to: ScepticScot

Of course they do...

So you protect them, you let everyone else go about their business. Had they done this, it would have burned itself out within months. Instead, we stuck covid infected people into nursing homes, and told all those who were otherwise healthy they couldn't work, shop, congregate, eat together, etc, etc., made people wear masks which were a net negative. They enacted the "come back when your o2 levels are so low your lips are tuning blue" protocol. They treated people with drugs that were destroying their kidneys, and ventilating people who may have survived had they not been ventilated.

The whole thing is completely ass backwards if they truly wanted to reduce mortality/morbidity from covid.

The idea that that you could just protect the elderly was never a realistic option. The most vulnerable are least likely to be able to successfully isolate as require the support of others.

It also seems to assume that old people all only live with other old people.

Your post also seens to have assume they should have known the best treatment protocol from day 0. If they had then I would be more likely to believe it was a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I see that you like to attack other posters education and qualifications yet so far you have given no hint as to what yours might be?

Why is that?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Do you think I work for British Military Intelligence?!!!

LOL!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

"Ranked 89th in 2022..."

What was yours ranked in 2022, may I ask, as you appear to think it is of some relevance to the topic of this thread?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Do you think I work for British Military Intelligence?!!!

LOL!!!!!!

I definitely don't think that.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Good. Who do you think does?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Good job I graduated long before then and as stated Jeremiah Horrocks is seperate from UCLan, world leading in the field, centre for NASA/ESA data - I've worked with professor Don Kurts who heads Asteroseismology and the SDO for NASA and Richard Tuffs/Virginia Porpescu in design of SPICA telescope for ESA at my time there, We also hosted the International Physics Symposium when I was working there which makes it amongst the worlds best Applied Maths depts.

What have you done other than show ignorance of the maths involved in the paper you posted and repeatedly misquote and misrepresent his papers conclusion 'Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15%' as 'IFR=0.15% any other answer is leftwing, pharma, vax apologetics'?'

You have to read the actual paper to understand it - not just cut and paste the conclusions from the precis as that's a big misrepresentation of his paper and where he discusses uncertainties, bias, limitations etc...you're doing him a major disservice/disrespect by falsely claiming you understood the methodology of his paper.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

You are definitely not me.

I failed my Maths "O" level.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

"Who is believing in conspiracy theories?"

Errrm...your good self, for instance?

Do you not realise that this is actually a Conspiracy Theory website?

Instead of deflecting, are you able to back up your claim about comparison being made between COVID and Spanish Flu?

It's a simple enough question about your own claim.

I'd be grateful for a straight answer, please.

But we are not necessarily engaging in conspiracy theories. The website doesn't have any problem with holding all views. I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Neither do I.

That was not my point.

But by definition you are espousing a conspiracy theory.

Nothing wrong with that, just trying to get you to realise it, is all.

Now, any chance of a straight answer to my question about comparisons to Spanish Flu?

Preferably without hesitation or repetition?

Or deflection?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Good job I graduated long before then and as stated Jeremiah Horrocks is seperate from UCLan, world leading in the field, centre for NASA/ESA data - I've worked with professor Don Kurts who heads Asteroseismology and the SDO for NASA and Richard Tuffs/Virginia Porpescu in design of SPICA telescope for ESA at my time there, We also hosted the International Physics Symposium when I was working there which makes it amongst the worlds best Applied Maths depts.

What have you done other than show ignorance of the maths involved in the paper you posted and repeatedly misquote and misrepresent his papers conclusion 'Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15%' as 'IFR=0.15% any other answer is leftwing, pharma, vax apologetics'?'

You have to read the actual paper to understand it - not just cut and paste the conclusions from the precis as that's a big misrepresentation of his paper and where he discusses uncertainties, bias, limitations etc...you're doing him a major disservice/disrespect by falsely claiming you understood the methodology of his paper.

No no no.

Nobody misinterprets or misrepresents what the osier has concluded. I see you want to deny reality for once more but the conclusion of the paper is very clear to me and to all others who have read it.

Conclusions

All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across

Average global IFR around 0.15%

I am impressed on how desperate your claims have become (not only yours but the other few accounts that try hard to inflate IFR)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Neither do I.

That was not my point.

But by definition you are espousing a conspiracy theory.

Nothing wrong with that, just trying to get you to realise it, is all.

Now, any chance of a straight answer to my question about comparisons to Spanish Flu?

Preferably without hesitation or repetition?

Or deflection?

Thanks.

The MSM was terrorising the public as if Covid was the Spanish Flu.

You can use any other disease with high IFR.It won't change the substance of the case.

Key words: 'As if'

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ummm,

sorry to disagree, but the route we took to get here was littered with signs and warning about killing your gramma if you didn't get vaxxed and wear a mask.

They were successful in cajoling the majority of the populations of most modern countries to get vaccinated, stand 6 feet apart, and wear worthless masks everywhere, and they couldn't protect the elderly?

Come on now, you don't get to have it both ways. You can't say that the measures undertaken protected people and saved millions of lives, but those same measures if applied on a smaller scale wouldn't have protected old, frail, or at risk individuals.

Not to mention that forcing covid infected people into general population in nursing homes and LTCFs is very odd way to try to protect people in nursing homes and LTCFs.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ummm,

sorry to disagree, but the route we took to get here was littered with signs and warning about killing your gramma if you didn't get vaxxed and wear a mask.

They were successful in cajoling the majority of the populations of most modern countries to get vaccinated, stand 6 feet apart, and wear worthless masks everywhere, and they couldn't protect the elderly?

Come on now, you don't get to have it both ways. You can't say that the measures undertaken protected people and saved millions of lives, but those same measures if applied on a smaller scale wouldn't have protected old, frail, or at risk individuals.

Not to mention that forcing covid infected people into general population in nursing homes and LTCFs is very odd way to try to protect people in nursing homes and LTCFs.

The measures worked by slowing the spread of covid. There wasn't an option to selectively apply them.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Ummm,

The measures worked by slowing the spread of covid. There wasn't an option to selectively apply them.

The measures have failed and the success that you have argued is only your unsubstantiated claim and nothing else. As a result of these 'wonderful' lockdowns in your country of origin you are now getting a large number of excess non Covid deaths since July 2022

There are over 30,000 excess non Covid deaths from July 2022 until the 13th of January 2023

It is a catastrophy and there more to come as it seems.
edit on 29-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Ummm,

The measures have failed and the success that you have argued is only your unsubstantiated claim and nothing else. As a result of these 'wonderful' lockdowns in your country of origin you are now getting a large number of excess non Covid deaths since July 2022

There are over 30,000 excess non Covid deaths from July 2022 until the 13th of January 2023

It is a catastrophy and there more to come as it seems.

While making an unsubstantiated claim that they have failed

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join