It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the infection fatality rate (IFR) of Covid 19 now?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: tanstaafl
Mullis also 'lived hard' and there has been some question of the amount of damage this had on him over the years:

Rotflmao!!

Why am I not surprised you resort to character assassination as an argument.

Carry on chr0... carry on...

So, blaming Klaus Schwab, or Bill Gates, or 'the Rothschilds', for an epidemic or pandemic disease isn't some sort of character assasination?

LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tanstaafl
Mullis also 'lived hard' and there has been some question of the amount of damage this had on him over the years:

Rotflmao!!

Why am I not surprised you resort to character assassination as an argument.

Carry on chr0... carry on...

Its always ad hominem. Never a science based argument.

The majority of what you post are individual testimonials or news stories. Is that 'science'?

And I have several times posted science based arguments with source links to peer reviewed papers and credible national statistics.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Infection fatality rate of Covid-19

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Conclusions

All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across continents, countries and locations.

Estimates before the rolling out of the vaccines. And made by one of the top epidemiologists in the world, Dr John Ioannidis who is probably the most cited in his field. If not the most cited scientist.

So a fairly mild disease for the vast majority of us given that it mostly affected the elderly with comorbidities and the clinically vulnerable.

And despite the fact that it was initially presented as some sort of the Spanish Flu by the establishment.

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

www.ft.com...

A combination of high levels of immunity and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza for the vast majority of people in England, according to a Financial Times analysis of official data.

And as time passes Covid-19 will have a lower infection fatality rate than the flu as very food immunity has developed in the population after 3 years of constant exposure to different variants.

The infections will still be around which also goes against your other argument which has been shown to be false, that of herd immunity through vaccination. The Covid vaccines don't prevent transmission and infection as everyone knows by now.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Conclusions

All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across continents, countries and locations.

Estimates before the rolling out of the vaccines. And made by one of the top epidemiologists in the world, Dr John Ioannidis who is probably the most cited in his field. If not the most cited scientist.

So a fairly mild disease for the vast majority of us given that it mostly affected the elderly with comorbidities and the clinically vulnerable.

And despite the fact that it was initially presented as some sort of the Spanish Flu by the establishment.

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

You are the one who keeps comparing it to the spanish flu.

Please try posting something new, the repetition is extremely tedious.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
You are just gaslighting everyone at this point. There was no 10% IFR ever. They tried to inflate deaths by using the deadly remdesivir /vent combo but it still wasn't even close to that. 10% refers to a propaganda number used by the media to begin the process of mass formation. It worked on you very well.

DERP!

Here's a screenshot I took on March 26, 2020:

Now stop eating your crayons and do the math.
What reason would Italy have to lie about it at that point?

Ventilators were used when people could no longer breathe on their own. Do you know what happens when people can't breathe? I personally know 4 people who were put on ventilators. 3 lived, 1 died.

damn, Italy had like 7 times the death rate we did in the states. If I were at all concerned with any of this (or pretended to be for online pay), I'd wonder what the big difference was between them and us. That's a massive difference and finding the answer (other than piss poor data) might save lives in the future. But if you question the numbers, bring better numbers before you sh!t all over the old ones.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

but when you are a moth, and covid threads are the light, what can you do? amirite

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

but when you are a moth, and covid threads are the light, what can you do? amirite

Not really.

Unlike a lot of posters I am under no illusions that what is posted here is in anyway important.

Spam posting the exact same content over and over again however kills possibly otherwise interesting threads through sheer monotony.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Not really.

Unlike a lot of posters I am under no illusions that what is posted here is in anyway important.

Spam posting the exact same content over and over again however kills possibly otherwise interesting threads through sheer monotony.
some folks ignore things like that, others, not so much

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not really.

Yes I must learn not to share my opinions on a discussion forum...

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

The establishment was portraying Covid-19 as I'd it was the Spanish Flu. So to set the record straight and to remind everyone what it was said, how wrong it was, and the various extraordinary claims made repetition is vital.

Repetition is also very good for learning. Especially when the lesson hasn't been learnt yet. It's an integral part of the learning process.

Perhaps you will find it more interesting to join other threads where excess non Covid deaths are discussed and I have heard that for example in the UK there are tens of thousands since July 2022.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

The establishment was portraying Covid-19 as I'd it was the Spanish Flu. So to set the record straight and to remind everyone what it was said, how wrong it was, and the various extraordinary claims made repetition is vital.

Repetition is also very good for learning. Especially when the lesson hasn't been learnt yet. It's an integral part of the learning process.

Perhaps you will find it more interesting to join other threads where excess non Covid deaths are discussed and I have heard that for example in the UK there are tens of thousands since July 2022.

Who is comparing it to the Spanish flu? (other than you)

There was lots of speculation when first started spreading about how deadly it was however it was clear that it had a lower fatality rate pretty quickly.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes, they don't the monotonous truth and the reality that Covid-19 isn't the Spanish Flu as it was portrayed in an attempt the terrorise entire populations and to cajole them to get vaccinated with a number of unknown and potentially dangerous products. Or to justify the absurd and damaging lockdowns.

Well, the IFR is what the OP asking to find out.
What is the IFR of Covid-19. We know it was 0.15% and we also know that it is lower or even lower than the IFR of the flu given the exposure over 3 years.

From the financial times article above

A combination of high levels of immunity and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza for the vast majority of people in England, according to a Financial Times analysis of official data

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not really.

aw, don't let your feelz get bruised. I was just pointing out that coming to a thread to point out how much you don't like the thread is dumb, but you do you.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Not really.

aw, don't let your feelz get bruised. I was just pointing out that coming to a thread to point out how much you don't like the thread is dumb, but you do you.

Only I didn't say i dont like the thread I fact I said it was potentially interesting.

Posters spam posting the same content over and over again however ruins threads. That is my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

There was lots of speculation when first started spreading about how deadly it was however it was clear that it had a lower fatality rate pretty quickly.

Comparisons between different diseases are very important so to understand the differences and not to confuse matters. Covid-19 isn't the Spanish Flu despite the attempts made by the establishment to present it as deadly as the Spanish Flu.

Not only it has a much lower infection fatality rate but these two diseases have nothing in common.

Other threads are very interesting. Some of them and one that I am currently preparing are discussing about the excess non Covid deaths all on various countries that seem to be quite a lot. And in the UK which is your country of origin I believe. More than 30,000 excess non Covid deaths since July of 2022. And the trend currently is at over 2K excess non Covid deaths per week in the UK.

It's not Covid and it is not climate change. And it's not the orbital speed of Earth. Maybe lockdowns? What about lack of access to healthcare due to lockdowns? Delays? Mass and unnecessary vaccinations? Lack of primary care?

Let's see whether the excess non Covid deaths in the UK will catch up with the actual number of deaths due to Covid. But that's another conversation.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

Comparisons between different diseases are very important so to understand the differences and not to confuse matters. Covid-19 isn't the Spanish Flu despite the attempts made by the establishment to present it as deadly as the Spanish Flu.

Not only it has a much lower infection fatality rate but these two diseases have nothing in common.

Other threads are very interesting. Some of them and one that I am currently preparing are discussing about the excess non Covid deaths all on various countries that seem to be quite a lot. And in the UK which is your country of origin I believe. More than 30,000 excess non Covid deaths since July of 2022. And the trend currently is at over 2K excess non Covid deaths per week in the UK.

It's not Covid and it is not climate change. And it's not the orbital speed of Earth. Maybe lockdowns? What about lack of access to healthcare due to lockdowns? Delays? Mass and unnecessary vaccinations? Lack of primary care?

Let's see whether the excess non Covid deaths in the UK will catch up with the actual number of deaths due to Covid. But that's another conversation.

Again who is comparing it to the Spanish flu?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

This is the end of the thread. Period.

Continuing to argue this blatant fact is trolling with an agenda.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

I have explained why I believe the IFR is a 'rubbery' figure.

And why seroprevalence is not an optimal measure for a primarily respiratory disease.

edit on 28/1/2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Conclusions

IFR of Spanish Flu = 10%
IFR of Covid-19= 0.15%

I have explained why I believe the IFR is a 'rubbery' figure.

And why seroprevalence is not an optimal measure for a primarily respiratory disease.

Yes I know. But your opinion is not correct.
CFR is a poor representation of how deadly a disease is. That's why most research is dedicated in trying to find the actual number of people getting infected which will include those with minor symptoms who never get tested and those who are asymptomatic.

In measuring the CFR then you have a denominator which is a very inaccurate as it represents those who have been tested and confirmed infected with the virus. Those tested and those infected are two very different numbers.
edit on 28-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join