It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government wants to Ban Gas Stoves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

If your kitchen only has a microwave above the stove, with a "fan" on the microwave base, be aware that any such fans extract zero kitchen air, they just scrub the stove air to remove a few (soot?) contaminants, which is nowhere near good enough for the total pollution problem created by

Not true, my last house had a microwave above the stove connected to venting outside.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

"Gordon Ramsey would be out of business."

You say that like it would be a bad thing?

But yes, that aside, it's bonkers.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Natural gas is also racist.

Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and Representative Don Beyer of Virginia, both Democrats, urged action and called gas-stove emissions a “cumulative burden” on Black, Latino and low-income households that disproportionately experience air pollution.

Ban Natural Gas

These articles are striving to bring in as many of the UN SDG's as possible. Surprised they didn't get SDG#5 Gender Equality wormed in there since more woman tend to do the cooking.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm -- I'm glad to hear that at least some microwave ovens installed over gas stoves have proper venting to outside air, but many of those microwave ovens still do not. Apparently, US building codes still do not require such venting.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: JAGStorm -- I'm glad to hear that at least some microwave ovens installed over gas stoves have proper venting to outside air, but many of those microwave ovens still do not. Apparently, US building codes still do not require such venting.

So oddly, I’ve never not had a microwave above a stove that didn’t.
I’m sure in some older houses that might be the case.

Even more odd, I have a HUGE Range hood (decorative) and it doesn’t vent outside (super annoying)
But I have an electric cooktop.
I do have gas just underneath the floor that is going to outdoor bbq area, and I’m thinking of having it re-routed and do an indoor Wok gas element, just some I have something that can be grandfathered. I’m sure that is what will happen first.

Ban it on new builds, grandfather it in older. Then eventually phase out.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill

Every microwave I've ever seen above the stove (in the US at least) has been vented outside!

When you say "but many of those microwaves still do not."...what are you talking about? Are you talking about a microwave that sits on a kitchen counter?

What venting codes are you referring to? HVAC codes? What codes?

Range hoods do not have to be vented to the outside. You can purchase hoods without ductwork called ductless hoods. But, ducted range hoods are almost always preferred over ductless hoods. They remove all the smoke and cooking exhaust from your kitchen, while ductless hoods recirculate your cooking exhaust back into your kitchen.

LINK

CODES OR NO CODES

Never mind...I did my own research!

edit on 10-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InwardDiver
a reply to: JAGStorm

Call me whatever, but I don't see the harm in this. The less we rely on fossil fuels the better. The initial steps are small then become larger and larger until our dependency has all but disappeared. I look forward to the day, hopefully in my lifetime, where most of our cars, appliances, and energy producers use methods that don't require fossil fuels.

My entire professional life I have pushed for H2 products to provide the energy. FINALLY, I see some progress. Between that and magnetic devices like the "Joseph Newman Device" we could be very clean producing electricity if the leaders so desired.

We should also build Nuclear plants that use safe fuels like Thorium which is also recyclable. There are designs for Boron encapsulated radioactive matter that could supply a small neighborhood cheaply and safely. These things would mean the Carbon lie would die so they have been avoiding them like the , well the plague.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

What are they going to use for green power then? You forget all the waste the batteries make, and all the oil needed to make all those EV's and 'green' tech.

Are you going to power an EV with another EV? what is the source? it's not logical.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: InwardDiver

Call me whatever, but I don't see the harm in this. The less we rely on fossil fuels the better. The initial steps are small then become larger and larger until our dependency has all but disappeared. I look forward to the day, hopefully in my lifetime, where most of our cars, appliances, and energy producers use methods that don't require fossil fuels.

all you have to do is figure out how to produce reliable energy from green sources. (key being the "reliable" part)
for the clue you need, (we aren't there yet, not even close)

I do agree though, to get all we need from the sun or some other source that's free and abundant, would be super. But then, having a little guy with a cooler follow me around to hand me a beer anytime I'd like one would be equally as cool, and about as likely.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I haven't forgotten. The technology is not perfect but progress will come and advances will be made. We can't wait for the tech is perfect to roll it out. Phasing out gas stoves is an easy step. I like gas stoves much better but electric stoves work just fine.

As for power, renewable and alternative energy sources will also improve. Absolutely, most EVs will be charged through fossil fuels but as advancements come, more energy will be from better sources. We won't wake up tomorrow with every problem solved but we won't solve any problems waiting for perfect tech.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You are correct. The globalist cabal wants every slave to live on electricity so they can control it via ''smart'' technology.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Most of the people replying are already distracted. It's the electric/digital control THEY want. The cabal started on your cars with electric engine control because ''pollution''. Then they moved to electric brake control because ''safety''. Then they got electric transmission because ''economy''. Then they got electric steering because ''cool''. Then they got electric ignition because ''YOU are now trapped inside with electric locks''.

It's ALL about electric/digital control of YOU the slave.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If a windmill can't power it, then it's gone. Your furnace is next.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Democrat congresswoman says gas stoves give you brain damage.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

On coal stoves, which some in this thread ask about, I'd say "Don't go there" because coal contains the radioactive isotope thorium, which is not a friend of human lung tissue.

if that was to me as I mentioned coal stoves its probably lost in translation as stove is more used to mean a type of heater rather than cooker, though at a push you can still find coal cooker/back boiler stoves but they are very expensive. and the coal is a specific types house coal and smokeless its the same with wood types..

People think fossil fuels are banned but certain areas do ban certain types of fuel but not all as another type takes its place..

the point i was trying to make is that even removing one type of fuel another will take its place as that is how our markets actually work..

I am looking at what is called "islanding my home" for gas this means taking myself off the grid with an underground or external gas tanks. so no matter the crisis I'll still have gas for heating/hot water and cooking.. as an option it which then opens my choice up even more.

No gov is ever going to get the kind of control the current lot want as that is not how the world spins..

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Where on earth is a federal agency (not congress mind you) empowered to ban a wide swath of commonly used products? On a whim could they decide that gasoline cars can't be sold anymore without a word from congress? The stoves aren't the issue, out of control unelected federal agencies making law is the issue here.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

During natural disasters often gas says on.

Natural gas staying on during a tornado, where said tornado rips the house from it's foundation, may just add to the disaster.

I am all for progress within the renewable energy sector and TPTB don't have to have any control over it because we can go solo with solar and wind technology.

I was convinced this is the way to go when I saw a small solar community unscathed when that last Florida hurricane ripped through people's communities, save that one - plus the numerous evidence-based studies all agree on the conclusions.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
MmmmK.....

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love my gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stove, grill, hot water heater and 2 furnaces are all gas and it cost me like 40 bucks per month.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I am certain that our reserves of energy being the largest in the world is not an accident. The fact that The United States is managing to get everyone else on the planet to spend theirs first does seem tactical and strategic.I had considered that as a potential strategy that was being pursued but then I thought perhaps that’s just my ability to critically think through a process and determine an outcome but not necessarily what is going on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join