It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government wants to Ban Gas Stoves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
🤡 Time

www.yahoo.com...

Government says gas stoves cause childhood asthma.

Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood asthma A study released last week found gas stoves were the cause of 12.7% of childhood asthma cases in the United States.

There is one reason for this and one only, gas is harder to flip on and off, electric is easier to control people with.
During natural disasters often gas says on.

I don’t believe for one minute gas stoves have increase childhood asthma.
Most modern homes have vents anyways.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Come and bake it?

Shall not be de-fridged?

No tread on meat?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Gordon Ramsey would be out of business. Along with every single restaurant, grille, and pub.

These people are ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
At one point these people told you smoking cigarettes' was good for you lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy site, so here is a conspiracy theory for you.

Suppose you were certain of WW3. Or suppose you were determined that WW3 should occur.

There's an old adage, "Everyone is prepared to fight the last war." I don't remember who said it. The Maginot line is a good example.

In the previous World Wars, the key factor was petroleum products. Whoever controlled them was the winner.

So how do you prepare for the upcoming war? Well, you make sure that you have control of petroleum products and your enemy doesn't. You don't use yours, you hold on to them until the war starts. You get your opponents to use theirs, so they won't have them when the time comes. You even take advantage of "allies." Alliances can change in a war. Give them paper or computer bits in exchange for their more valuable resource. Keep as much of the real energy for yourself.

That also means limiting domestic consumption not dedicated to the war effort. During the wars, civilians would get ration cards limiting the purchase of essential materials. As a preparation for war, you might price essential materials out of the budget of most people, or otherwise limit their ability to obtain them.

Consider what's happened since Biden took office and think it through from there.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Suppose you were certain of WW3. Or suppose you were determined that WW3 should occur.

There's an old adage, "Everyone is prepared to fight the last war." I don't remember who said it. The Maginot line is a good example.

In the previous World Wars, the key factor was petroleum products. Whoever controlled them was the winner.

So how do you prepare for the upcoming war? Well, you make sure that you have control of petroleum products and your enemy doesn't. You don't use yours, you hold on to them until the war starts. You get your opponents to use theirs, so they won't have them when the time comes. You even take advantage of "allies." Alliances can change in a war. Give them paper or computer bits in exchange for their more valuable resource. Keep as much of the real energy for yourself.

That also means limiting domestic consumption not dedicated to the war effort. During the wars, civilians would get ration cards limiting the purchase of essential materials. As a preparation for war, you might price essential materials out of the budget of most people, or otherwise limit their ability to obtain them.

Consider what's happened since Biden took office and think it through from there.

Except biden depleted strategic reserves to artificially temporarily lower oil prices before the election and sold a bunch to China.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
🤡 Time

www.yahoo.com...

Government says gas stoves cause childhood asthma.

Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood asthma A study released last week found gas stoves were the cause of 12.7% of childhood asthma cases in the United States.

There is one reason for this and one only, gas is harder to flip on and off, electric is easier to control people with.
During natural disasters often gas says on.

I don’t believe for one minute gas stoves have increase childhood asthma.
Most modern homes have vents anyways.

It is far easier to "go off the grid" via electricity as opposed to gas.

Natural gas requires an expensive and specialized infrastructure to deliver to consumers.

Electricity can be produced by individuals, on site and under individual control via solar, wind, petroleum products, or even methane generated by farm waste.

Not so easy to control people using something they can control themselves.

The reason gas often stays on during Natural disasters is because, like water supplies, which also usually remain available during disasters, is that the delivery infrastructure is buried underground, where it is usually protected from such disasters.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   

🙄......sigh...

What about law abiding stove owners who don't have kids?

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The great dictator dan has already implemented this in Victoria straya.

All new homes can only have all electric appliances.

Dan only passed this legislation to get the greens political parties to agree to his lockup laws during our lockup’s

amp.theage.com.au...

I still believe we need a choice of energy.

No use putting all our eggs in one basket.

Like some car makers going all electric, I know I wont be buying a fully electric car.

At least Toyota have stated they will still sell electric, hybrid, hydrogen, petroleum and diesel vehicles.

I can see Toyota will win massive market share with this decision.

As who wants to wait hours to charge a Tesla, there’s reports people are waiting 6 to 7 hours just to get to the pump, and another 2-4 hours to charge.

edit on 10-1-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
madness how many are currently used in the usa? in the UK gas cooking is used by 50-60% of the population outside of commercial establishments..

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

if history is anything to go by whats happening now will turn into a farce at some point filled with unintended consequences and as you see they'll be those who'll reap huge rewards.. hydrogen looks to be end answer, car engines, plane engines, boilers, hobs, central heating..

is your home hydrogen ready?

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I would argue that something like that would be almost impossible to enforce without martial law. you'd have to have the military take over every grocery and warehouse in america, total control of the supply chain domestically. otherwise people might loot. any kind of scarcity in america is playing with fire. the city of baltimore has been burnt down at least twice in it's history due to race issues, and that's just race issues. imagine a food shortage or a bread and circus shortage.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

It’s a major farce here, Dan the wanky premiere of this once great state, who has indebted is for billions.

And he wants to go full solar and wind power as our coal fired stations will be shut down on the next 10 to 15 years.

Though he is submitting to the snake oil man Elon musk whose Tesla is gaining massive contracts for the battery farms.

Great salesman musky is

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

as always human behaviour in the real world will rob the plans of the great and good of power, as the energy costs spiked here so did the amount of people buying and installing wood burning stoves.. while I would bet all would say they want to save the planet being warm comes first.. as we see with covid human needs and survival trump good intentions every time..

there is no one size fits all approach, countries like the UK and Australia that used to use artificial gas that contained hydrogen are closer to replace that with hydrogen than any other source... not masses of panels or heat pumps just a change of boilers, ovens, hobs, heaters.

the unintended consequences will open up markets to other cheaper choices.. like the 70s some govs will be wrongfooted on this..

with the pressure to go electric in the 70s natural gas was sold as the cheaper, safer, greener alternative to artificial gas, for the uk the growth of the high pressure gas network is likened to the birth and growth of the railways.. the next logical step is to make the UK hydrogen ready..

the answers have to be cheaper than where we currently are..

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My parents used electric. I have asthma. We use gas. My son does not.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I work in the appliance industry, the worlds largest company. I read this yesterday it's going to be an interesting week.

And people will be hoarding propane like when covid first hit.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

and then buying it from markets where there is a plentiful supply.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Call me whatever, but I don't see the harm in this. The less we rely on fossil fuels the better. The initial steps are small then become larger and larger until our dependency has all but disappeared. I look forward to the day, hopefully in my lifetime, where most of our cars, appliances, and energy producers use methods that don't require fossil fuels.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

They must think we're all mentally deficient.

Anything that can maintain you off-grid or in a SHTF situation seems to be a target.

Asthma my ass.

Home owners insurance already targeting wood stoves, as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Asthma?

Bullsh!t, look at Europe....
Ban on gas stoves for the sake of health my ass.

S&f.
👍🏼

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join