It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are Starting to Turn on Each Other

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: JAY1980
Most of these perpetual victims have never faced any actual hardship in their entire lives.

That is what concerns me the most…

When REAL hardship arrives, and it’s almost here, how are these losers going to cope?
I suspect violence, drugs, and maybe a small few will actually snap out of it and realize how good things actually were.

I think we all go through it, but in the past most of us went through it at a much younger age and got over it quick…

If your concern is "What will happen when 'REAL' hardship arrives?", just look around you.

THIS is it! THIS is what happened. And more of THIS is what will happen when the next hardship arises.

I've been on this forum for more than two decades, and, until recently a constant topic of discussion was the prediction of, and preparation for, "The End Of The World As We Know It!".

Some thought the event took place on 9/11. But that was/is a rather limited, US-centric POV in my opinion.

No, I would argue that the REAL "TEOTWAWKI" occurred just two years ago. I even stated as such (under a previous username) in a post written just after the world "shut down" due to the pandemic.

And our reaction to that reality, despite all our prerogative fears, plans preparations, and reassurances of self-sufficiency and courage in the face of adversity,

Has been to devolve further into denial, despair, division, jealousy, and blame.

What will happen is what has happened, and we will be no better for it.
edit on 25-10-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Most of these perpetual victims have never faced any actual hardship in their entire lives.

Yup. Facing hardships makes you thankful for what you have

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

This goes for meds like ADHD and ADD meds along with others too....sometimes they create a positive effect but eventually lead to crabbiness and self centeredness in some people....the doctors only see a person for ten minutes, and the person on the meds say they are feeling great but the doctor does not see what is happening outside of the office.

Totally agree with this from my own experience. I'm pretty dysfunctional without the ADHD meds but now take only a fraction of what is prescribed, only when really needed (like long drives), because I caught that I got cranky when it wore off. I'm mature enough to catch the emotion in it's track and not express it but the cranky feeling was never part of me before. I was always frustrated but not cranky.

I'm having to embrace the dysfunction as just who I am. It's limiting but better than being cranky.

I should probably look more into diet too.

As to the op, I think this is poverty thinking combined with the lack of filters of the online world and high inflation. People are burnt out.

I just spoke to my brother this morning about his teaching career and he, and other teachers, are choosing to only do part time because of the behaviour of the kids now. He said it was building up before the pandemic but now his grade 4 is at grade 1 academic levels, he spends most of his time controlling the class and finds kids wandering hallways, swimming on the floor, scooting under other kids desks because they spent the last two years at home. They don't know how to sit still in order to give other kids time with the teacher. He feels this generation won't be able to handle the stresses of adult life and society is going down the toilet.

On that note, the stress is everywhere and though it's unfair to call someone out for a peaceful coffee in the garden, people are really bitter and they pick on easy targets like you said, not putting the attention on those who created the disaster in the first place.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Exactly, those in power that create our problems or don't fix our problems, seem to always fade into the background.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

That is what concerns me the most…

When REAL hardship arrives, and it’s almost here, how are these losers going to cope?
I suspect violence, drugs, and maybe a small few will actually snap out of it and realize how good things actually were.

I think we all go through it, but in the past most of us went through it at a much younger age and got over it quick…

If your concern is "What will happen when 'REAL' hardship arrives?", just look around you.

THIS is it! THIS is what happened. And more of THIS is what will happen when the next hardship arises.

I've been on this forum for more than two decades, and, until recently a constant topic of discussion was the prediction of, and preparation for, "The End Of The World As We Know It!".

Some thought the event took place on 9/11. But that was/is a rather limited, US-centric POV in my opinion.

No, I would argue that the REAL "TEOTWAWKI" occurred just two years ago. I even stated as such (under a previous username) in a post written just after the world "shut down" due to the pandemic.

And our reaction to that reality, despite all our prerogative fears, plans preparations, and reassurances of self-sufficiency and courage in the face of adversity,

Has been to devolve further into denial, despair, division, jealousy, and blame.

What will happen is what has happened, and we will be no better for it.

Well said.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You cant win with people like this until they solve the real problems in their life triggering them. If they hate their job that is their problem, not the fact that they seethe over your happiness. You change for them but they will find something else to be jealous or upset about. This pc bullcrap is the real pandemic destroying the world. When open constructive banter is shut down we officially have no real freedom.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

You cant win with people like this until they solve the real problems in their life triggering them. If they hate their job that is their problem, not the fact that they seethe over your happiness. You change for them but they will find something else to be jealous or upset about. This pc bullcrap is the real pandemic destroying the world. When open constructive banter is shut down we officially have no real freedom.

A big part of the problem is people spend too much time thinking outside of their own inner circle of existence and it eats them up. We keep saying the most important thing in your life is yourself, family and friends, so take care of that. Make all that you priority and biggest concern, but people will spend 90% of their emotional energy on crap they have zero control over.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Totally off topic so mods, work your magic if you want, but Nugget? That is the most brilliant Halloween display I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You knowJag, some will make this out as a leftist thing as I see some have done in reply to you. However I think it is more than that. It works among conservatives as well. I don't think it's being political that does it, it's more and mostly the ''self-righteousness'' that is brought out by the current battles of right and wrong.

This sense of self-righteousness is promoted in us being ''better'' than others, ''more awakened'' than others, ''more privy to the truth or what's really going on'' than others which validates and even elevates ones own sense of worth simply by negating or diminishing ones sense of other people.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A big part of the problem is people spend too much time thinking outside of their own inner circle of existence and it eats them up. We keep saying the most important thing in your life is yourself, family and friends, so take care of that. Make all that you priority and biggest concern, but people will spend 90% of their emotional energy on crap they have zero control over.

I'm really weird in the fact that I'm not really a jealous person. I can actually be happy for people.
I think when people are jealous they feel they can't have or can't achieve what others have, or are.
There is some underlying issue with their own self esteem. People have always been jealous but now
it seems soooo many people are like that. They are absolutely incapable of being happy for others.
Here are the main triggers I see:

If a person-
has a good job
has enough money
is of a slim build
has natural looks
has unnatural good looks
can go to college
lives in a nice house/neighborhood
drives a nice car
eats healthy or expensive food
is able to buy food with their own earned money
is able to take vacations

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If a person-
has a good job
has enough money
is of a slim build
has natural looks
has unnatural good looks
can go to college
lives in a nice house/neighborhood
drives a nice car
eats healthy or expensive food
is able to buy food with their own earned money
is able to take vacations

I then say that I started as an E1 in the military... So I think anyone with a healthy mind and body could do what I have done. People want it all now, and not build up over decades... Hearing a 24 yearold bitching about how hard they work and for little pay I just need to say join the club... Been there, done that 40 years ago, not much has changed and it is not harder today than back then either. People are just weaker...

edit on 25-10-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

On the other hand, sometimes I feel that the young people today (the 'quiet quitters') just refuse to follow the hard life that society and government has set before them - just because 'that's how it's always been done'. And it's getting harder and harder as time goes on and nothing is changing. Maybe the younger generation is justified in their disgust and anger with the status quo.
edit on 25-10-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

On the other hand, sometimes I feel that the young people today (the 'quiet quitters') just refuse to follow the hard life that society and government has set before them - just because 'that's how it's always been done'. And it's getting harder and harder as time goes on and nothing is changing. Maybe the younger generation is justified in their disgust and anger with the status quo.

I agree with this too, but just doing nothing and being mad isn’t the answer.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure its just people trolling... and its working because it got ATS up in arms. lol

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You are right about poverty thinking, most are sitting on a couch waiting for it to come to them, and it did when times were good. Did they keep up their basic survival skills, have they got the slightest clue on how to plant a garden, I really don't think it is their fault, they definitely have been dumbed down. The economy is steering people down a track of dependency. Local planning laws don't allow people to have chimneys, or even a useful garden so it has to be bought so it makes someone a profit. The profit usually goes to the people who said you can't have a chimney or the land developer who thinks gardens are useless because you will be too busy working. In fact, if you haven't got a bit of land, which in reality is the only security that a human can reasonably have when times get tough what are you going to do?.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I'm pretty sure its just people trolling... l

Seems that.
Although,
there has been an up kick
in stabbings, shootings . . .
people turning on each other is getting
to be the 'norm'

But then too are
the disgruntled incels
moody trans people, competitive non-traditionalists . . .
Hate comes in all forms.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
SPAM
edit on 10/25/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The flagellation crews are out and about.

How dare you talk about good things when we should all be virtuous poors so no one feels bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ive had some people wonder how I got an "easy" job... they dont like the answer, I got a B.S. then shortly after having our first child I got an M.S. and was working full time to support my family at the same time, then I put out about a hundred resumes (got rejected like 99 times), finally got hired and moved my family 4400 miles to take the job.

Lotta folks refuse to do the work that will get them on a better pay trajectory, make bad choices and usually things dont go well.
edit on 25-10-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

ETA: I did all that in my mid 40s.
edit on 25-10-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join