It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are Starting to Turn on Each Other

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Wow!! That's pretty rude!! And this is coming from me, who speaks without a filter.

They are so damn Karen that everything offends them and they look for whatever they can to support their REEEeeee.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Biden: Leave me alone! I want to walk in this direction. You hear me?

justthenews.com...

Going...Going.....

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Habs2133

Shut it all down, keep enjoying your morning coffee in the garden and those unhappy people can be a distant memory.

I run a group. I work incredibly hard on my hobby, one could say I'm obsessed with it. I've posted progress and some miserable people will find any way to complain.
What I work on takes very little money, if you are resourseful you could even do it for free.
THERE are still people that are lippy, BUT I know the ABSOLUTE 100% works every time way to SHUT THEM DOWN....

Invite them to do the work with you so they can be where you are. They will never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever accept.
Not one single time. See, people want all the reward and none of the work, but when you enjoy the fruits of your labor they want to be jealous and hateful.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

So true. Ever see a successful and accomplished person constantly complain about what others are doing and just being a hater in general?

Of course not, because they are not playing the role of the victim. I don't know where our society went wrong with making the victim role seem attractive. But all the world is a stage, and if you don't like the role you've been given or the script that you have to recite everyday, then go find a new play and choose a new character.

At this point, things are mostly 'your' fault for not waking up.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This seems to be the thing to do now. I'd been toying with writing a new thread on simple pleasures to help folks get through the inevitable economic nightmare coming our way.... something positive and encouraging... but decided against it because I didn't feel like dealing with crap like this.

While I know many would take it in the spirit intended, share their own simple pleasures, and inspire others to find and enjoy their own simple pleasures, I also knew that it would be a red flag for the bulls determined to tear down everyone and everything.

Which defeats the whole purpose of such a thread.

Some folks just don't want to be happy and don't want anyone else to be either.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Which defeats the whole purpose of such a thread.

Some folks just don't want to be happy and don't want anyone else to be either.

I was told to "get off of my high horse"...
You know why..?
And I'm not even kidding...

Because..........I took care of my parents when they were sick...
I guess because I didn't hate my parents and had the ability to take care
of them I was the target of envy!

This seems to be the thing to do now. I'd been toying with writing a new thread on simple pleasures

Please Please Please DO!!! I'll start.
A simple pleasure of mine is to go for a drive and look at different fall trees. To see the colors, the shapes, to smell the fall air.
To drink apple cider, and buy pumpkins.
edit on 25-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Which tells me the classes are getting pushed apart even further if we can't even agree what is generally expensive anymore.

I suppose, but what my wife thinks may be expensive seems reasonable to me. Here's a typical conversation:
Me...how much is it?
Wife...$75.
Me...why didn't you get it?
Wife...are you crazy, that's expensive. I'm not paying that.

Note that she is only like that with things for her. If it's something I'm interested in, it usually goes like this:
Me...boy I like that new whatever.
Wife...how much is it?
Me...$500.
Wife...go buy it or send me a link and I'll order it.

Go figure, but the OP is right, people have become very judgmental. You'd almost think that they had to work to earn the money to buy what you have or want.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: nugget1

So true. Ever see a successful and accomplished person constantly complain about what others are doing and just being a hater in general?

Yeah, I have. For example, "So-and-So slept her way to the top..." or "So-and-So is just lucky cuz Daddy owns the business..." or "So-and-So just married well..." and so on and so forth.

I've also seen them gloat about how many people they screwed over on their way to the top.

...because they are not playing the role of the victim.

Nope, the ones I mentioned sure aren't the victims... they're the bullies and tyrants.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

its only hyperinflation if you compare it to 1940, but wages adapted enough to keep its effects negligible for most Americans, its only slightly hurting Americans right now, but with the value of the dollar soaring it wont be hurting us for very long, America is fine, its the rest of the world that's screwed.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There's a website called BlogTO here, it mainly focuses on rather upscale Toronto living. I used to get advertised it a lot on Facebook, over the last few years the comments have gone from "wow such a nice house!" To something similar as you pointed out Jag, just negative comment after comment.

People are looking for a place to vent that's all.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Most of these perpetual victims have never faced any actual hardship in their entire lives.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Most of these perpetual victims have never faced any actual hardship in their entire lives.

That is what concerns me the most…

When REAL hardship arrives, and it’s almost here, how are these losers going to cope?
I suspect violence, drugs, and maybe a small few will actually snap out of it and realize how good things actually were.

I think we all go through it, but in the past most of us went through it at a much younger age and got over it quick…

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
There seem to be only two kinds of people in the world anymore; those who celebrate the good fortune of others, and those who are filled with envy of them.

Happiness is a choice, no matter ones' circumstances.

Carlin had a bit where he said when he was growing up, the local rich guy would cruise down the street in his Cadillac and he would say to himself, "One day I'm gonna be that guy!"

NOW, when the rich guys drives down the street the kids say, "One day I'm gonna GET that guy!"

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Yea, it's a thing. It's a product of Marxist thinking. Let me explain by way of example.

One of the weirdest thing about Marxist countries, like Cuba, for example, is that everyone becomes a counter. They are constantly watching neighbors and family members to find the person who might have "more" of something. They then demand the person who has more share it. If you were to hideaway 2 boxes of cereal, you would be arrested for hoarding and your cereal would be confiscated. Marxists are miserable people and hate anyone who isn't equally miserable.

Sounds like a downward spiral.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

They said her weekly bill was more than they had for the month, they said they skipped meals because they
didn't have enough money.

And yet they have an electronic device, access to the internet, and time to troll.

I guess now it’s, “there is always money for cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, electric devices, and internet.”

No wonder people are broke.
edit on 25-10-2022 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If you sit down to dinner together, you are like an alien.

that didn't happen at our house until there was more than 4 channels on tV and and my pop got into channel surfing. none of us could stand to sit and eat with him when he found out about remotes.

edit on 25-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I was told to "get off of my high horse"...
You know why..?
And I'm not even kidding...

Because..........I took care of my parents when they were sick...
I guess because I didn't hate my parents and had the ability to take care
of them I was the target of envy!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! And that's just sick. A sick mind and a sick heart and a sick tongue. I'm sad to hear you had to deal with that, but I'm glad you're above that crap, and know in your own heart and mind you did what was right. What was best. For ALL of you. No matter how difficult it was (and I've been there and done that so I do know how difficult it was.) And I'm sure you wouldn't have had it any other way.

Please Please Please DO!!! I'll start.
A simple pleasure of mine is to go for a drive and look at different fall trees. To see the colors, the shapes, to smell the fall air.
To drink apple cider, and buy pumpkins.

Those are great examples. Maybe I will start that thread after all...

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Your comment makes me think of an old story called Henny Penny, she was a little red hen, who wanted to bake bread.
I wont spoil the story'

Found this on Google.
goodsensibilities.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Player haters gonna player hate. Note that players cant player hate, or else they're not players.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

Yea, it's a thing. It's a product of Marxist thinking. Let me explain by way of example.

It's poverty thinking.
People that are poor often count and watch how much food you have, who took what and what they disseminate is fair.
Rich people (real rich people, not wanna be rich people) are often the opposite, they want to lavish their guests/friends/family, are sometimes wasteful, come from a mindset of always having plenty.

I grew up poor (lived in a house my parents really couldn't afford) and my mom instilled those values in me.
I was wasteful in my 20s/early 30s but now I live well within my means.
I could have acquired debt by now , but instead I have a investment portfolio and assets with no mortgage.
I will also cut open almost empty packaging to get to the last bits.
Car is from 2005, nothing is new in my home , all 20+ years old , hand me downs or second hand.
In other words , being poor is often a choice . I saw a Dave Ramsey video from a caller with just a 30k income who had become a millionaire by investing.
It can be done.

edit on 25-10-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join