It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So when Russia wins (I think it will be by next spring at the latest), what reparations will the be able to dictate? Will American and its allies come to that table? I mean Russia probably won't get much out of Ukraine as it has been thoroughly raped from all sides.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: berbofthegreen

So when Russia wins (I think it will be by next spring at the latest).....

Been hearing that for well over two years now....yet here we are.

....what reparations will the be able to dictate?.....

You think Russia will ever be able to 'dictate' anything to the US/NATO etc?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen
So when Russia wins (I think it will be by next spring at the latest), what reparations will the be able to dictate? Will American and its allies come to that table? I mean Russia probably won't get much out of Ukraine as it has been thoroughly raped from all sides.

The illegal Russia Invasion will be dragged out by Ukraine till Russia is bankrupt (which by all economists estimations will be sometime in 2025) and long after.
Russia have already started using WW2 artillary and equipment because they can't make it as fast as Ukraine is destroying it.
edit on 28-8-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

So you must trust western media for your opinion. The same media that gave you Russia Russia Russia and Trump, the same media that claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian misinformation and so on.

I am not sure how anyone in the west can trust anything that our media and our politicians can and will say about anything.

As many people cannot define what a woman is, it seems that they also cannot define what military loss is.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

So you must trust western media for your opinion. The same media that gave you Russia Russia Russia and Trump, the same media that claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian misinformation and so on.

I am not sure how anyone in the west can trust anything that our media and our politicians can and will say about anything.

As many people cannot define what a woman is, it seems that they also cannot define what military loss is.

Is this a thread about American Trumpteers? I thought it was about the war in Ukraine?
When Russia doesn't have a total choke hold on ALL Russian media, get back to me about western media....

It also appears you don't understand the loses Russia are taking in it's war with Ukraine.
edit on 28-8-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It looks like Putin's invasion has pushed Ukraine into developing it's own ballistic missiles...

dailywrap.uk...

Volodymyr Zelensky announced that Ukraine has successfully tested its first domestically produced ballistic missile.

During a press conference, Volodymyr Zelensky was asked about the defence industry's latest achievements. "It may be too early to talk about it but I want to share it with you. There has been a positive test of the first Ukrainian ballistic missile. I congratulate our defence industry on this. I can’t share any more details about this missile," said Zelensky.

The President of Ukraine also added that he could not say anything more on the subject but decided to share this information aloud so that the public could appreciate the people who work constantly at defence enterprises.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Significant range as well 700km.

That would seem capable of hitting Moscow and St Petersburg.

Ukraine returning the favor in kind seems appropriate.

I don't know how many they will be able to build or field in such a short period of time all the same.

But at least they dont need to ask our permission to use the things.

Freedom to Ukraine and if only they could send one through Putin's front window.

edit on 28-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So you must trust western media for your opinion.

Not really....but unlike some I distrust anything that comes out of Kremlin controlled Russian media.

Yet you believe everything the de facto dictator Putin has to say without question.....Bizarre.

As many people cannot define what a woman is.....

Hardly anything to do with the topic at hand but I think most people know exactly how to define a woman, alas its a case of a very vocal but small minority seeking to drown out a relatively quiet but large majority.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think all of your war boners will be flaccid in about 1 month (if even that). Maybe I am wrong. I am flagging this thread so I can gloat later.

edit on 28-8-2024 by berbofthegreen because: .

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I have no desire for there to be war in Ukraine or anywhere for that matter.

I just recognise Ukraine's right to defend itself from an unjust and insanely senseless war....a war which begun when Putin invaded a non-threatening country for no moral or legal reason other than to bolster his attempts to gain his own Great epithet and in search of some sort of imagined former Russian glory.

People can deflect away as much as they want but the FACT remains that if Russia hadn't invaded this war wouldn't be going on and all those people would not have died for nothing but Putin's vanity and narcissism.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

As long as that equates to Russian forces going back home to their own postcode and leaving Ukraine the hell alone its all good.

Somehow, i suspect however this conflict will drag out until Russia is completely bankrupt and on her arse.

Simply down to the fact that its the only way for Putin to remain alive and in power.

He won't let go of those reins willing, that's for sure.

Because he knows fine well what happens next and that involves defenestration.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You want to "gloat"?

That's nice.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You want to "gloat"?

That's nice.

Yes, because I realized this was something the "west" had no business in right from the start. It's a fools errand. Much like everything we in the "west" do these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So you think NATO should have just let Putin's forces trample through Ukraine and enforce Russian control over the nation again against the wishes of the Ukrainian people?

I've been hearing people were going to 'gloat' shortly since the start of the invasion......still no cause for gloating.

Guess we'll just add you to a long list of Putin sycophants and apologists who got it woefully wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes, because I realized this was something the "west" had no business in right from the start. It's a fools errand. Much like everything we in the "west" do these days.

The West has no business in Europe? LoL

I think you may find that's exactly where the West does the majority of its business.

And the last time i looked at a globe Ukraine is a country in Europe so..............

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"The West has no business in Europe? LoL "

No, the west has no business in the Ukraine. Well unless you think money laundering of the elite is business.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Ukraine is part of Europe even if it is a bit to the East.

And who are you to say where western nations should have business?

It worked out when the west(European nations) colonised America.

And technically we did not have any business there nether.

The thing is berbofthegreen the world is connected in ways that cannot be pulled apart in this day of age.

To suggest the West has no business in Europe, Ukraine included, is simply shortsighted.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"And who are you to say where they should have business? "

And who are you to say where they shouldnt?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Quite a bit of a difference between business and invasion all the same in this day of age.

Ukraine is a sovereign nation that Russia chose to invade.

If the majority of the Western nations, NATO, and the greater part of the civilised world choose to provide them with aid and support, that's up to them.

But to suggest they have no business doing so is once again rather short-sighted given the fact that we are all connected and live on the same planet.

Something for you to consider, all the former Soviet Bloc nations that chose to join NATO did so of their own freewill and volition.

They did so because they feared Russian attack and occupation not because they thought NATO was coming to their doorsteps or to invade.

Ukraine might not be part of NATO but they deserve our help and support and for very good reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

...., the west has no business in the Ukraine.

And Russia does?

new topics

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join