It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrazeneca: Vaccine death inadequate payout

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The big question for me in all this is. Why does big pharma get immunity from prosecution yet the British taxpayer gets stuck with the 120k bill?

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's not compensation.

You can still sue if you want to.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I'd say you better report me for trolling then as I'm still asking you the same valid questions without getting an answer and you seem to think that you set the rules here and not the site.

How can you say that the UK having a nationalised healthcare system does not have an impact on a payout for disablement?

On the UK you would receive free healthcare and also benefits because of your disablement and inability restriction to work.

In the US you would have to pay for healthcare or insurance to cover it. I don't know what if any welfare you would receive but from what I understand it would not be to the same level as here in the UK.

I'll keep an eye on my messages for the incoming telling off from the mods...

a reply to: Asmodeus3

The reality is that the vaccine injury scheme in the US gives 3.4 more money on average then the one in the UK. And that's a massive difference. In fact the system in the US gives much more than the average payout for serious injuries and deaths.
The numbers speak for themselves.

You have expanded your argument and made strawmans again. You tried to include the cost of living. The cost of living is about the same in both countries. Hence that didn't work for you for once more.

Likewise you are trying to expand it further in the private and nationalised healthcare systems. But that is irrelevant to the conversation we have.

The fact is that on average the US awards 3.4 more than the UK for vaccine injuries.

It's pointless to reply the same stuff as before. I will reply the same way unless you want me to do the a maths lesson.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The big question for me in all this is. Why does big pharma get immunity from prosecution yet the British taxpayer gets stuck with the 120k bill?

That's a very good question.

I am sure that the shills and trolls of this thread will have a convenient answer for you...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Do some maths then.

Calcate the cost of medical insurance for 20 years and then take that off the US figure.

Then take of £0 for 20 years of NHS treatment and take that off the UK one.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A bit of additional reading suggests that the US VICP payments aren't completely tax free.

Pain and suffering elements is, but the loss of earning based part is not.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Do some maths then.

Calcate the cost of medical insurance for 20 years and then take that off the US figure.

Then take of £0 for 20 years of NHS treatment and take that off the UK one.

Your conversation here is irrelevant to the vaccine compensation schemes or payout schemes.
The reality you fail to see is that in the US the awards are much higher and the cost of living the same.

Imagine that your argument has been reduced to the cost of private healthcare because the numbers prove you wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So you will deal with any questions that might go against your views by simply ignoring them then.

Odd way if going about it but each to their own I guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So you will deal with any questions that might go against your views by simply ignoring them then.

Odd way if going about it but each to their own I guess.

I don't think anything goes against my views.
I have stated facts and not views.

Let's see them again

The payout in the UK is £120,000
The payout in the US on average is around £405,000

Almost 3.4 times higher which is a massive difference. In addition the serious injuries and deaths from a vaccine could be awarded much more than the average. The UK deals only with serious injury and death from vaccines. The US is different.

The numbers are speaking for themselves.

You are trying to factor the cost of living which is the same in both countries. And then expand the argument further to private health care which has nothing to do with the payout schemes.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Since the OP won't discuss then yes future health care costs are something that should be considered when comparing the 2 systems.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It's not compensation.

You can still sue if you want to.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

I am sure you had a convenient answer!
Yes you can still sue and you probably get nothing.

The £120,000 is quite low and I think most of us would agree in this.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Since the OP won't discuss then yes future health care costs are something that should be considered when comparing the 2 systems.

£120,000 in the UK
Around £405,000 in the US on average.

Cost of living the same

Nothing more to add.

(post by nonspecific removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm also not sure that the cost of living is the same in a dollar to pound straight ratio.

originally posted by: ScepticScot

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Just had a look on the wallmart website, the cheapest loaf of white bread is 97c for about 650g loaf.

Asda its 39p for 800g cheapo one.

Cheapest milk in wallmart is 96p per litre, asda its 68.3p

Maybe I just randomly picked two essentials that happened to be a fair bit more in the us pound for dollar?
edit on 3/10/2022 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Just had a look on the wallmart website, the cheapest loaf of white bread is 97c for about 650g loaf.

Maybe I just randomly picked two essentials that happened to be a fair bit more in the us pound for dollar?

These are desperate attempts I am afraid!

£120,000 in the UK
£405,000 in the US

It's really simple

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Minced beef 20/80 in wallmart $4.39lb
Minced beef 20/80 in tesco £3.58kg

It's cheaper per kg in the UK than it is per LB in the US.

But the cost of living is the same doller for pound right?

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

These are desperate attempts I am afraid!

£120,000 in the UK
£405,000 in the US

It's really simple

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join