It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrazeneca: Vaccine death inadequate payout

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
ht tps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-61885899.amp

"A woman whose partner died after having an AstraZeneca jab has become the first person to receive compensation over a Covid vaccine death.

Vikki Spit's former rock singer fiancé Zion, 48, of Alston, Cumbria, fell ill eight days after he had his injection and died in May 2021.

She was awarded the maximum settlement of £120,000 but said it was not enough.

The 38-year-old said she had got into debt after losing Zion's earnings and should have had closer to £180,000.

Ms Spit also said she had to wait too long for compensation under the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme 1979, and the amount had not kept track with inflation since the scheme was set up.

Vaccine damage payments available to anyone who has become disabled as a result of having a vaccination and people can also apply on behalf of someone who has died.

The scheme offers one-off, tax-free sums of up to £120,000 and while payments do not affect people's rights to take legal action, they can have implications for their benefits.

Ms Spit called an ambulance for Zion when he began suffering "excruciating" headaches on 13 May last year and he died in Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary six days later.

His death certificate confirmed he died due to complications from the vaccine.
edit on 1-10-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 6 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Broke the link, as it doesn't go to the article for some members.....but goes to an ichef image

www.bbc.com...
edit on Thu Oct 6 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: link substitute attempt

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well.

This explains a lot towards coroners and medical examiners being overridden I their views by their governments with regards to autopsy examinations.

Strange the CDC just adjusted their death protocols.

But only for Covid.

*Shrugs.

edit on 1-10-2022 by slatesteam because: Lok

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What I find perplexing is that the payout seems to be the same for everyone.

£120,000 for a death caused by a vaccine is far too low and it doesn't even reflect on the fact that an otherwise healthy 48 year old had probably many more years to live and contribute in taxes and national insurance and his earnings could be well above £120,000 if we assume that men in the UK retire normally around the age of 65-66

Furthermore there is no price anyone can put in a human life.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It contains 50 billion LIVE genetically modified chimpanzee adeno viruses per dose.

So called replication incompetant, which it isnt, there will be viruses in it that have full genome, which could amount to a genetically modified replicating virus spread around the world, also if you happen to be infected at time with adeno virus, that virus could recombine with the virus in the vaccine.

Also if they were ALL capable of replication, you'd absolutely die, in 20 replication cycles you'd have 1 trillion viruses in your body. The point is, normally you'd only be able to get 50 billion viruses in your body at once from a very serious infection which would happen gradually, not instant 50 billion viruses, so this talk of it not replicating and that makes it "fine" is just complete horse#. They also would not just appear in your arm.....since you'd have to breathe them in.

If anyone wants to dispute any of this. They can go ahead and explain in their own detailed words, with their own detailed knowledge how and what the mechanisms would be for this virus to harm and kill you and just to make it even easier for you, you can specifically explain how lisa shaw was killed by it. But i very much doubt any of you will because you cant just easily search that up on google in 5 minutes and pretend YOU know.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

£120,000 for a death caused by a vaccine is far too low and it doesn't even reflect on the fact that an otherwise healthy 48 year old had probably many more years to live and contribute in taxes and national insurance and his earnings could be well above £120,000 if we assume that men in the UK retire normally around the age of 65-66

Yes, it's the same for everyone because it's based on culpability, not on the earning potential of the individual.

In the UK the life of a pauper is considered equal to the life of a billionaire businessman in dollar terms. So they both get the same payout.

This is a tax free payout, and so in real terms it's worth about £200,000. Which is 8 years average salary in the UK.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

This alone is proof that the UK government isn't covering up deaths, and that it is fully admitting that the vax does kill people. Which debunks most of the conspiracies on this site off the bat.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Yes, it's the same for everyone because it's based on culpability, not on the earning potential of the individual.

In the UK the life of a pauper is considered equal to the life of a billionaire businessman in dollar terms. So they both get the same payout.

This is a tax free payout, and so in real terms it's worth about £200,000. Which is 8 years average salary in the UK.

As I said in another thread the person was only 48 years old and healthy. We would expect him to live much longer and usually men retire by the age of 65-66. So he had another 17-18 years of earnings and contributions and even with ab average salary he would have made much more than the compensation awarded to his partner.

However it isn't only the earnings but mostly the loss of human life which is priceless and the loss suffered by his close relatives and friends. Imagine one has a partner/wife/husband and children fir example and looses his/her life because of a vaccine.

So no I don't think most us agree with the compensation awarded to his partner.

Even if ultimately you can still take your case to the court, no family or partner has to go through this in my view.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

As I said in another thread the person was only 48 years old and healthy. We would expect him to live much longer and usually men retire by the age of 65-66. So he had another 17-18 years of earnings and contributions and even with ab average salary he would have made much more than the compensation awarded to his partner.

However it isn't only the earnings but mostly the loss of human life which is priceless and the loss suffered by his close relatives and friends. Imagine one has a partner/wife/husband and children fir example and looses his/her life because of a vaccine.

Even if ultimately you can still take your case to the court, no family or partner has to go through this in my view.

If we hadn't rolled out the vaccine how much would you pay all the extra people who would have died from covid?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It used to be £180,000 payout, but got lowered in 2021 to $120,000
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

If we hadn't rolled out the vaccine how much would you pay all the extra people who would have died from covid?

This isn't part of the conversation and if you want to address it please make another thread.

And you need to be able to quantify in your thread what you said above, i.e provide strong evidence for risk to benefit ratio in all age groups (again in your thread)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Again i dont know HOW many times this has to be repeated since somehow people in denial seem to have zero memory or infact zero knowledge.

in 2020, 0.02% of the ENTIRE WORLD died from covid. that means 99.98% DID NOT. UNDESTAND 0 IS NOTHING AND 100% IS EVERYTHING. 0.02% IS VERY CLOSE TO 0% HERP DERP. 99.98% IS VERY CLOSE TO 100% HERP DERP.

In the uk in 2020. 0.1% of the population died from covid.

No vaccines. From the ages of 0 to 59, 4727 people died within 28 days of testing positive.

Thats 0.006% of the uk. Get that into your THICK skulls. The virus CANNOT kill barely anyone. The injections CANNOT STOP THE VIRUS HENCE WHY THE VIRUS IS STILL SPREADING AND KILLING PEOPLE. You absolute nit wits.
edit on 1-10-2022 by thethinkingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

Do you have any link for this?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

Can you provide a source for this as haven't heard that before.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This isn't part of the conversation and if you want to address it please make another thread.

And you need to be able to quantify in your thread what you said above, i.e provide strong evidence for risk to benefit ratio in all age groups (again in your thread)

It's a direct response to your statement.

Unfortunately vaccines can have side effects, having a payment scheme when it does seems a good idea.

It doesn't change that vaccines are a massive net benefit.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Is this a tax payer funded payout, or is it being funded by AstraZeneca?

It says on the government website - "You do not need a legal representative, such as a solicitor, to apply for a Vaccine Damage Payment." No, but i sure as hell would get one

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Unfortunately vaccines can have side effects, having a payment scheme when it does seems a good idea.

I think you are trying to shift the conversation to something else. The topic is whether the payout is considered fair for a death caused by a vaccine.

Do you think it's fair?

Also your statement that vaccines are a massive net benefit needs to be qualified and not asserted. I
It will depend on the nature of the disease, the vaccine itself, and the age group. You cannot put together different age groups.
edit on 1-10-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think you are trying to shift the conversation to something else. The topic is whether the payout is considered fair for a death caused by a vaccine.

Do you think it's fair?

I think it would be better if linked to inflation/average earnings but I think the concept is very fair.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thethinkingman
Again i dont know HOW many this has to be repeated since somehow people in denial seem to have zero memory or infact zero knowledge.

in 2020, 0.02% of the ENTIRE WORLD died from covid. that means 99.98% DID NOT. UNDESTAND 0 IS NOTHING AND 100% IS EVERYTHING. 0.02% IS VERY CLOSE TO 0% HERP DERP. 99.98% IS VERY CLOSE TO 100% HERP DERP.

In the uk in 2020. 0.1% of the population died from covid.

No vaccines. From the ages of 0 to 59, 4727 people died within 28 days of testing positive.

Thats 0.006% of the uk. Get that into your THICK skulls. The virus CANNOT kill barely anyone. The injections CANNOT STOP THE VIRUS HENCE WHY THE VIRUS IS STILL SPREADING AND KILLING PEOPLE. You absolute nit wits.

How about proof of that figure?
U.K. deaths...

Of all deaths registered in 2020 in England and Wales, 73,766 (12.1%) were due to coronavirus (COVID-19); the age-standardised mortality rate (ASMR) was 126.9 deaths per 100,000 people.

ONS data

World deaths...
The W.H.O. claim approx' 614,385,693 people have died from covid which is about 7% talking the world population as 7.8 billion.
WHO
Worldometers.Info
edit on 1-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3
I've looked, but can't find anything, no matter how I word it for google including "What was the maximum vaccine injury payout prior to 2021"
But I do remember seeing it on official sites when it happened last year, along with the changes to the 1997 Bill to include THIS vaccine which prior to the changes in March last year, was NOT included for pay out because of its EUA status.
That's the best I've got, sorry.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
It's Government funded aka tax pounds, but there are also call's that it should be set in line with inflation which would make the maximum, one off payment, for this vaccine around £177,000. The £120,000 set last year was not set against inflation and below earnings etc at the time is my understanding.
Rainbows
Jane

<<   2  3  4 >>

join