It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I think you're trying to suggest that there is something about the human species that makes it a "spiritual" entity; a "being" existing beyond its animal nature, imbued with some spiritual purpose that transcends the triviality of earthly life.

If a human "being" is an animal/spiritual hybrid entity that is imbued with a soul, while other earth animal life, like cats and dogs and birds, fish, and bees, are not, then I contend that the spiritual side of a human zygote, embryo, fetus cannot be killed. The "spirit", or the "soul", is neither born nor dies. Only its non-sentient, non-viable animal side life is extinguished. Ergo, abortion does not kill a human "being". It extinguishes the life of a non-sentient, pre-viable, developing human.

edit on 28-11-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think you're trying to suggest that there is something about the human species that makes it a "spiritual" entity; a "being" existing beyond its animal nature, imbued with some spiritual purpose that transcends the triviality of earthly life.

Um, no.

That is actually the argument you are making, not me. You believe in a magical Person-hood Fairy.
I am saying a Human Being is a Human Being.

A human being is a human being. Regardless of what you think, feel or what your Personal Person-Hood fairy tells you.
Considering your above argument, do you believe in human rights?

edit on 28-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

do you believe in human rights?

Not for the unborn.

You believe in a magical your Person-hood Fairy.

Personhood is a title for people who have been born.

There is nothing magical about an abortion. It extinguishes the life of a non-viable, non-sentient human embryo or fetus, a potential person.

edit on 28-11-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

do you believe in human rights?

Not for the unborn.

You believe in a magical your Person-hood Fairy.

Personhood is a title for people who have been born.

There is nothing magical about an abortion. It extinguishes the life of a non-viable, non-sentient human embryo or fetus, a potential person.

Born/Unborn what?

Human being.

Abortion (is nothing "magical, as you say) is the violent, premeditated killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.
ETA:
The fact that you do not believe in human rights for the unborn (human beings) because they have not achieved the rank of "person" proves that you are religious.
You believe in a Magical Person-Hood Fairy or something that makes a human being a person. Your ENTIRE concept is faith based.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

As I said, this is pure fantasy. You’re entitled to live a lie if it makes you feel better, doesn’t change the objective truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

human being

A POTENTIAL human being/person.

a reply to: Grenade

Believing that a fertilized human ovum has a "soul" is fantasy.

edit on 29-11-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

human being

It always amuses me when "they" say "I'm not religious" -- then spew God like references.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A POTENTIAL human being

Moronic faith based argument that has zero basis in reality/biology.
Your precious Magical Fairy of Person-hood, is not real.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

human being

It always amuses me when "they" say "I'm not religious" -- then spew God like references.

Perhaps you would like to reread a few post before making yourself look even more ignorant?
You can still edit it...

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nothing in these 68 pages has altered my point of view.

Abortion is not and should not be a political topic. It's entirely about personally held beliefs about something that can't be proven right or wrong.

The fact that a fetus is a separate human being from the mother is indisputable. The moral question is whether or not a fetus should have the same rights as its mother and at what point those rights should begin. It's a personal decision that the government should play no part in and clearly is only a political topic due to the corrupt politicians' desire to keep us hating each other for their benefit.

Once the fetus is viable and has even a small chance of surviving outside the womb, it is murder. I won't be swayed from that view.

Most on the Right and Left agree with me about it being wrong after the point of viability, but the partisan fanatics don't want that fact revealed.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Abortion is not and should not be a political topic. It's entirely about personally held beliefs about something that can't be proven right or wrong.

Then who made it political?

Because it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Then who made it political?

Because it is.

The government.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The fact that a fetus is a separate human being from the mother is indisputable. The moral question is whether or not a fetus should have the same rights as its mother and at what point those rights should begin. It's a personal decision that the government should play no part in and clearly is only a political topic due to the corrupt politicians' desire to keep us hating each other for their benefit.

My arguments against abortion are not political. They are not religious. They are just objective facts.
Abortion is what it is, the violent premeditated killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.

Once the fetus is viable and has even a small chance of surviving outside the womb, it is murder. I won't be swayed from that view.

Most on the Right and Left agree with me about it being wrong after the point of viability, but the partisan fanatics don't want that fact revealed.

Regardless of being viable, they are still a human being.
I respect your stance, but I still disagree.
A human life is a human life. If people would not kill an infant, toddler or adolescent, why would they kill an embryo or fetus?
They are the same individual human being through each stage of defelopment.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Uh huh. Except you can't differentiate as to when a human becomes a "human being". That's because you're full of sh!t.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Exactly, a human being separate from the mother from conception. No amount of fanciful semantics changes that truth.

Some people in this thread need a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nobody in this thread is advocating for that. Nobody is advocating for the right to abort a perfectly healthy, viable fetus.

Something happens when someone is born. The born person suddenly breaths air into their lungs for the first time. The umbilical cord is cut and the placenta is no longer needed to protect and transfer the woman's life source over to the fetus. The fetus is liberated of its mother's body and is able to exist on its own.

It gets a certificate of live birth, a name and an age, beginning from the time of its birth. It is now a person, completely independent of and separate from its mother, for the first time. A born person is a citizen. A born person is counted. A born person has rights.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ah, so i need a government issued certificate to validate my life.

Gotcha.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You can be 5 feet away from the border, but your still not in that land until you actually cross that border.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why would you ask me that? Ask the leaders of the Democrats and Republicans. Only they know.

I sometimes think they have lied and misled people for so long, they actually believe their own propaganda. Not just them but the partisan extremists who worship at their altars.

It is what exactly? Right, wrong, or ... Is not your belief based on your opinion, just like others' beliefs are their opinions? Or are you just arguing to keep this going longer

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join