It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

As i said i use contraception unless i intend to reproduce.

I can't legislate for the irresponsible behaviour of others. I can however call it irresponsible, because it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't have any unwanted or aborted children, i'm a responsible parent and use contraception.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I can't legislate for the irresponsible behaviour of others. I can however call it irresponsible, because it is.

I haven't seen you advocate for contraception for, or call out or try to shame irresponsible men at all in this thread. You've told women not to "spread their legs", but you haven't told men to "keep it in their pants", to "just say no", or to "wrap it up".

I don't have any unwanted or aborted children

Meh, maybe that's true. Maybe it isn't.

edit on 2-11-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I don't have any unwanted or aborted children, i'm a responsible parent and use contraception.

My first abortion was spontaneous -- who do I blame?

I was on birth control for that 4th pregnancy -- by my soon to be ex-husband. Guess what. It doesn't always work.

Soon to be a single mom, 2 toddlers, and one on the way -- with no work history. My 2 living children took priority.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You’re blurring the lines between a natural event and a choice. I prefer the term miscarriage as it then doesn’t intentionally conflate the two. No-one is to blame unless you feel something induced your miscarriage? I’m sorry for the loss.

Even if your husband left he would be held financially responsible for his children. They took priority but it doesn’t mean the child you had terminated was any less alive. I understand your reasoning but don’t expect me to dehumanise what was clearly a living human being. You have to live with that choice and reconcile it mentally by whatever means you see fit.

edit on 2/11/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sure, men are equally responsible for contraception. They behave irresponsibly because they have less repercussions for those actions. Personally I would bring up another child with or without the mother and would take on sole custody should that be her wish. If it’s that or abortion I would take the burden.

This thread however is not about contraception it’s about the morality of abortion and men can’t choose to have an abortion as they don’t have the reproductive organs to carry children.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

This thread however is not about contraception it’s about the morality of abortion and men can’t choose to have an abortion as they don’t have the reproductive organs to carry children.

Okay, but it's men slut shaming women, telling them to keep their legs closed. It's men abandoning pregnant women and it's men coercing women into having abortions, if they want to stay with them. It's men calling unwed mothers "welfare queens", immoral, selfish, greedy and lazy.

What makes a mother of 2 so overwhelmed and desperate as to be capable of aborting a potential 3rd? Abandonment, shame, blame, crippling poverty and alienation...maybe?
edit on 2-11-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, all totally plausible and no doubt contributing factors.

I can't comment on the opinions or behaviour of other men, only my own. I've done everything in my power to support my children from birth and will continue to do so until my death.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You’re blurring the lines between a natural event and a choice. I prefer the term miscarriage as it then doesn’t intentionally conflate the two. No-one is to blame unless you feel something induced your miscarriage? I’m sorry for the loss.

Even if your husband left he would be held financially responsible for his children. They took priority but it doesn’t mean the child you had terminated was any less alive. I understand your reasoning but don’t expect me to dehumanise what was clearly a living human being. You have to live with that choice and reconcile it mentally by whatever means you see fit.

Ahhhhh, isn't idealism grand.

Reminds me of the quote: "Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon

Oh Yeah -- child support from sperm donors. I'll just run out and check the mailbox.

--------------------------------------------------

Let's get even more complicated. Ex-hubby - cabinet maker (loses business to prefabs). Gets married again -- wife has unknown inherited defect that causes her to go deaf during pregnancy. Now that she's newly deaf making it difficult to work and has a new infant -- I'm gonna go banging on her door for money.

But, DAMN! I shoulda had that unwanted 4th child -- just to say I did.

NO

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Maybe you should calm down and treat other peoples opinions with respect.

As the father of his child isn't he required by law to pay child support?

I've already stated i understand your reasoning but it still doesn't make an unborn child anything other than a human being. You're dehumanising a child to justify your actions. You chose to have an abortion, that's your choice but it's still terminating a human life and no amount of deflection changes that.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Maybe you should calm down and treat other peoples opinions with respect.

As the father of his child isn't he required by law to pay child support?

I've already stated i understand your reasoning but it still doesn't make an unborn child anything other than a human being. You're dehumanising a child to justify your actions. You chose to have an abortion, that's your choice but it's still terminating a human life and no amount of deflection changes that.

Yeah, I feel so respected by you.

Guess I should've married Elon Musk.

There are laws and then there's enforceable laws.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Again, you can choose to have abortion. That doesn't mean the child is anything other than a human being.

There's nothing disrespectful about that post. You'll be treated with respect if you behave in a manner which commands it.

You also chose to marry that individual. It seems choices aren't your strong point, nor is taking responsibility for them.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You also chose to marry that individual. It seems choices aren't your strong point, nor is taking responsibility for them.

Again -- "Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon

He was a very responsible person. Unfortunately, he was jealous of his children. It was affecting them.

So, of course makes perfect sense to bring another child into the situation.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Fair enough, unfortunately you did bring another child into the situation before terminating its life. Again, that's your choice and one you can justify to yourself in anyway that helps you cope. It was however a living human being and no amount of juggling with terminology changes that. I'm not judging your reasoning, i'm just not going to dehumanise an unborn child due to your feelings.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Fair enough, unfortunately you did bThat woring another child into the situation before terminating its life. Again, that's your choice and one you can justify to yourself in anyway that helps you cope. It was however a living human being and no amount of juggling with terminology changes that. I'm not judging your reasoning, i'm just not going to dehumanise an unborn child due to your feelings.

Cope? That would be your thinking.

No - it was a clump of cells and I removed them.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
dp
edit on 2-11-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You're a clump of cells.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You're a clump of cells.

Well, not a clump.

Clump: a compact mass

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Your cells are more condensed or massive comparatively to a foetus?

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It is a woman's choice as to whether or not she is willing to give her body over, to be the source of that life and its very survival.

I absolutely agree with this.

You want to make sure she doesn't have that choice, that she's a victim to her biology. But she isn't. She has choices, even if people like you make her choice illegal, dangerous and life threatening.

When have I ever said such?
Again, show me, I will wait.

You can not be a "slave", You can not be a "victim", if it is a choice you FREELY and WILLFULLY made.
A choice was made by a human male and a human female.

1 human male
+
1 human female
Reproduction

Reproduction of what?
A human being.

A human being that you are advocating the death of.

There is only one human, in the above equation, that does not have a "choice".
There is only one human, in the above equation, that can be a "victim".
It's not the woman in 99% of abortion cases.

Abortion is ALWAYS "dangerous and threatening" and deadly for the one human being aborted.
Take your warped, victim-hood logic and apply it somewhere else. It does not work here.

edit on 3-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join