It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You put quotes around a statement that i didn't make?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

You put quotes around a statement that i didn't make?

My wording.

Your sentiment.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Then you've taken it out of context, it's a huge leap to get from what i said to that nonsense.

Also, if you need to start putting words in my mouth is suggests you can't argue with what i actually said.

I'll let you crazies stew again, i can't wait to come back in a few days to all the vitriol.

edit on 15/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Then you've taken it out of context, it's a huge leap to get from what i said to that nonsense.

Also, if you need to start putting words in my mouth is suggests you can't argue with what i actually said.

Short cut.

I'm out for now. Got real life stuff to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Then you've taken it out of context

Talk about "out of context"! You've been conflating a fertilized egg with a newborn baby, even a toddler, and everything in-between, for this entire thread! You've been categorizing any and all women who don't enthusiastically welcome an unplanned pregnancy and embrace it as her biological duty, as unnatural, sick and twisted.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Correct, i value the sanctity of human life from conception and think abortion should be the very last option, reserved only for the most extreme cases. Again, i can see an argument when the pregnancy is a real danger to the mothers own life, in the case of child abuse, rape and if the baby has severe developmental or health problems after scanning. It should not be a method of contraception.

I don't think these views are particularly extremist. Seems just because i'm a man i'm not entitled to them in some minds. Now do one, i'm tired of your attitude.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't think these views are particularly extremist.

Of course you don't, but they are. Even in your own country they are too extreme, let alone here in the United States.

i'm tired of your attitude.

All women are collectively tired of your misogyny.
edit on 15-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Maybe you and your cronies should stop thinking you speak for ALL women.

My views align with those of my sister and mother as two examples. You don't speak for them.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your views are anything but extreme and in fact, represent the view of a majority of people. Even most pro-choice folks have lines they won't cross. The radical abortion on demand for any reason at any time folks are a tiny minority. I think at times they argue for the extreme just due to a need for attention.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Correct, i value the sanctity of human life from conception and think abortion should be the very last option, reserved only for the most extreme cases. Again, i can see an argument when the pregnancy is a real danger to the mothers own life, in the case of child abuse, rape and if the baby has severe developmental or health problems after scanning. It should not be a method of contraception.

I don't think these views are particularly extremist. Seems just because i'm a man i'm not entitled to them in some minds. Now do one, i'm tired of your attitude.

As humans, we are entitled to both freedom of thought and freedom of expression. As men of culture, we are not entitled to make laws regarding women's health by going over their heads, and they will be increasingly irate with the male population if we do so. Recall what history tells us about such disagreements.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No, most people don't think that. In fact, most people think that's pretty barbaric. Even Grenade's own country has universal health care that pays for abortion on demand for the first 24 weeks, and has liberal exemptions for miscarriages, rape and fetal anomalies. www.nhsinform.scot...

65% of Americans think on demand abortion should be legal until the 3rd trimester. www.newsweek.com...

So no, you guys are NOT in majority, not the USA and not in Europe.
edit on 15-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I'm fighting for the health of the unborn child, male or female it makes no difference to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm fighting for the health of the unborn child, male or female it makes no difference to me.

I'm not fighting either way. It's not my mission or my victory. Every female in my life has decided what they want, and I can only respect their sovereignty in the arena of women's rights.

edit on 15-10-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So a females rights supersede those of an unborn child. I thought the liberal types were all about equality.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I said...

radical abortion on demand for any reason at any time folks are a tiny minority

If you read who I'm talking about, yes they are the minority. Not many people are for that and nearly all are sickened by the idea of killing a child during its birth. Earlier in the thread, I even linked to an actual abortion clinic that is willing to do those abortions. One of only two doctors in the entire US.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Anyone care to answer this one for me?

A woman is pregnant and wants the child, her husband does not.

He assaults his wife which causes her to lose the child, this was his intent.

Should he just be charged with the assault of his wife? If not, what additional crime has he committed?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So a females rights supersede those of an unborn child. I thought the liberal types were all about equality.

My values don't supersede theirs. Let the democratic process do justice to the majority, or injustice, depending on your perspective.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Anyone care to answer this one for me?

A woman is pregnant and wants the child, her husband does not.

He assaults his wife which causes her to lose the child, this was his intent.

Should he just be charged with the assault of his wife? If not, what additional crime has he committed?

It was not her choice.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think this thread clearly demonstrates why this topic should not be a political topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I commented on this sentiment posted by Grenade:

i value the sanctity of human life from conception...

You said:

Your views are anything but extreme and in fact, represent the view of a majority of people.

Advocating for fetal rights and abortion bans from conception is not a mainstream value, here or in Europe. In fact, most people find it barbaric.

Not many people are for that and nearly all are sickened by the idea of killing a child during its birth.

You're all over the place! You support those advocating for abortion bans from conception, and then you defend that stance with some kind of faux outrage, by rebuking people aborting of viable, fully developed healthy fetuses during labor or delivery. That's a reoccurring theme of yours that no one is advocating for, and just doesn't happen, except maybe under the most extreme and rare situations. You still haven't provided a single example of a case where that actually happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join