It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Annee

You do realize you literally are asking people who believe like I do that murder is OK? That's why this should not be political and it should be a matter of personal beliefs. Up until viability and then it needs to be a horrific crime.

Murder is your noun.

What would you call it when an unborn child who would live if delivered is killed instead? And when it's done as a form of birth control after the child is far enough along there is little doubt it would live?

murder
mûr′dər
noun

The killing of another person without justification or excuse, especially the crime of killing a person with malice aforethought or with recklessness manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You do realize you literally are asking people who believe like I do that murder is OK? That's why this should not be political and it should be a matter of personal beliefs. Up until viability and then it needs to be a horrific crime.

Murder is your noun.

What would you call it when an unborn child who would live if delivered is killed instead? And when it's done as a form of birth control after the child is far enough along there is little doubt it would live?

I never discuss late term abortion -- when the "child" could possibly survive out of the womb. It would be per individual situation.

I don't do extremism.

edit on 11-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Can someone tell me what the natural and sole purpose of female reproductive organs are? I was convinced it was to nourish and protect the developing baby inside of them through to birth. To support abortion is to deny your nature as a woman.

Now we've established i'm a misogynist and if this is an only woman conversation then i leave it on this note.

For my children i'll work two jobs and 80 hours a week. I'll beg, borrow, steal and kill. There's nothing i won't do for my children. I'll die for them, no matter if they're in or out of the womb! We should admire those who will selflessly sacrifice everything for the ones they love.

That's also what it takes to be a mother and that's what i think of all the mothers with the courage to face the challenge head on. Who devote their lives to the children they raise, through any and all hardship. You deserve applause and remember all the pain and sorrow of life will seem insignificant in comparison to the joy the choice to be a mother and building a family will bring.

edit on 14/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Did anyone here know that Margaret Sanger once strongly opposed abortion? International Planned Parenthood was meant to promote the use of contraceptives and thereby prevent the need for abortions. In 1964 Planned Parenthood stated: “An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health. It may make you sterile so that when you want a child you cannot have it. Birth control merely postpones the beginning of life.”

In a dramatic about-face, today Planned Parenthood promotes abortion as a means of population control. Its former statement, “An abortion kills the life of a baby,” no longer appears in its literature. However, that truth does appear in an editorial in the September 1970 California Medical Journal:

“The reverence of each and every human life has been the keystone of western medicine, and is the ethic which has caused physicians to try to preserve, protect, repair, prolong, and enhance every human life. Since the old ethic has not been fully displaced, it has been necessary to separate the idea of abortion from the idea of killing which continues to be socially abhorrent. The result has been the curious avoidance of the scientific fact, which everyone knows, that human life begins at conception, and is continuous, whether intra- or extra-uterine, until death.”

It's just not spelled out the same way, but that admission boils down to the same result.

The verbal gymnastics of the courts in their abortion decisions make them fall on their faces in certain criminal trials. Two gunmen fired shots at a car carrying a pregnant woman. One bullet killed the fetus. The woman was not fatally hurt, but the men received sentences up to life for the death of the fetus. In another case, Winfield Anderson shot a woman pregnant with twin sons. By cesarean the twins were removed. One, struck by a bullet, died after three-and-a-half hours; the other died in 15 hours. The mother survived. The defense attorney said the fetuses were “nonpersons,” but Judge Wingate, Jr., ruled that fetuses wounded by a blow on the mother were, if they later died, murder victims. The jury convicted Anderson on two counts of murder.

A paradox develops. If a mother orders the killing of her viable fetus, it’s humanitarian. If the fetus is killed during a crime, it’s murder. If a mother ends the life of her baby a few days before its birth because she’s distressed that it will be a burden, it’s legal. If she does it a day after its birth because it’s a burden, it’s murder.

Many doctors refuse to do abortions. One doctor said: “If there are a few doctors who seem to do more, it’s because some of us are still struggling with our Hippocratic (oath).” Concerning abortion the oath states: “I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked nor suggest any such counsel, and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion.”
edit on 14-10-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

You can't "Cherry Pick" Sanger.

You have to read her biography in full.

I consider her very forward thinking for her time.

Many doctors today no longer sign the Hippocratic oath -- it is outdated in application to modern medicine.

Doctors Aren’t Actually Bound by the Hippocratic Oath: gizmodo.com...#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20popular%20belief%2C%20though%2C%20most%20 doctors%20never,Hippocratic%20Oath%20was%20penned%20about%202500%20years%20ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

That's also what it takes to be a mother and that's what i think of all the mothers with the courage to face the challenge head on. Who devote their lives to the children they raise, through any and all hardship. You deserve applause and remember all the pain and sorrow of life will seem insignificant in comparison to the joy the choice to be a mother and building a family will bring.

Do you think because I've had an elective abortion -- I'm less of a mother to my kids?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I never said anything of the sort. You want to make it personal, not me.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I never said anything of the sort. You want to make it personal, not me.

Just a question.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Can someone tell me what the natural and sole purpose of female reproductive organs are? I was convinced it was to nourish and protect the developing baby inside of them through to birth. To support abortion is to deny your nature as a woman.

In that case, using birth control is to deny our nature as human beings. Heck, it's his nature as a male to conquer and plant seed all day long.

...But as you said, women should just deny their nature and "keep their legs together".

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

In that case, using birth control is to deny our nature as human beings. Heck, it's his nature as a male to conquer and plant seed all day long.

...But as you said, women should just deny their nature and "keep their legs together".

Yeah, that kinda got me.

I think I'll deny my intelligence because it doesn't mean anything in my nature as a woman.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If this is true please explain ectopic pregancies, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and the wealth of problems that women face when dealing with aggressive and painful reproductive issues concerning uteruses gone wrong.

If we were all supposed to bear children, why do so many women suffer from these mishaps and infertility?

It's almost as if you are overtly idealizing the feminine reproductive system in thinking that it's always a "gift".

edit on 10/14/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spellin'

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being for convenience.

Women who seek abortions for convenience are not looking for "Freedom of Choice", they want the freedom to kill another human being.

"Your body, your choice" is a lie, when it comes to abortion. In 99% of cases they and their partner made a conscious choice, a decision, they knew may result in the creation of a new human being. Once her egg is fertilized, with his sperm and mitosis begins, there is a third party. A third party they both agreed to try and produce, freely and willfully.
The body IN her body is not her body.
edit on 14-10-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Nah. A zygote doesn't actually become a viable, fully realized human being until it's born alive.

Women who seek abortions for convenience are not looking for "Freedom of Choice", they want the freedom to kill another human being.

Nope. They just really do just want autonomy over their body, the liberty and freedom to make choices that affect their body, their life and health. There is no reveling in "how to get away with murder"...whaaa ha ha ha...

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

WRONG! Give me ONE unselfish reason to have a child.

I choose LIVING CHILDREN.

Those already in need. This world does not need one more unwanted child.

UNWANTED CHILDREN SUFFER LONG-TERM DIFFICULTIES

What is the fate of an unwanted child whose mother is unable to obtain an abortion she so desperately desires? A long-term study provides a grim answer: The child faces psychological suffering that continues well into adulthood and may set the stage for problems in future generations. Clinical psychologist Henry P. David gave the American Psychological Association's 97th annual convention the results in New Orleans yesterday of almost two decades of research on 110 Czechoslovakian children whose mothers had twice requested that they be aborted. www.washingtonpost.com... 6b0/

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's obvious the children already here don't matter much as they've already been born you see.

I the womb...precious and sacred.

Born...tough luck kiddo you're on your own.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

It's obvious the children already here don't matter much as they've already been born you see.

I the womb...precious and sacred.

Born...tough luck kiddo you're on your own.

Oh, I know.

Take free school lunches for one. If nothing else, the brain requires nutrition to develop properly. These children are the future.

Congress made school meals free for 2 years. Now, Republicans don't want to extend the program:

Congress extended the program once in 2021, ensuring that the nearly 12 million children who didn't have enough to eat at some point in the pandemic could get food at school. But lawmakers — and, specifically, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell — opted not to renew the universal program as part of the spending package passed in March that kept the government open. www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The Hypocrisy is amazing isn't it?

Think of the children, but don't ask us to invest a penny for their welfare or well being.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This really has been an interesting thread, but yet again an attempt is made to turn it into political mud-slinging and ruin the conversation.

Is it an addiction like smoking?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

The Hypocrisy is amazing isn't it?

Think of the children, but don't ask us to invest a penny for their welfare or well being.

EXACTLY!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This really has been an interesting thread, but yet again an attempt is made to turn it into political mud-slinging and ruin the conversation.

Is it an addiction like smoking?

The only person claiming that is you.

Pro-Lifers made it political. If you all would mind your own business, there would be no discussion at all.

Give me ONE unselfish reason to bring another child into this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join