It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

bad quote attempt try again

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Annee

You were responding to this:

"If you hadn't been born, you would never have known anything. It would not have mattered."

Yes, and you also don't know about your own existence until 15 months or so. So if it doesn't matter as long as they don't know about their existence then that logic applies to killing 15 month year olds

NOT HAVE BEEN BORN

The killing part is all you.

link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What does Roe have to do with the simple question of why do people believe abortions are bad? It's a separate topic no matter how you spin it and you are spinning it. Since I'm only interested in discussing the topic in the OP, I'll bow out.

How?

The 2 are wholly entwined.

Half a question: " Why are abortions bad?" Who says?

Roe vs Wade -- "Why are abortions good? Because I have the right to choose.

I got to give you credit for sticking to it.

Ignore Roe entirely and you tell me why you think abortions are good or bad? Don't let politics or what you're told is true influence you, but instead, from your mind and heart, when is abortion good or bad?

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What's the best use for aborted humans?

Feeding them to vampires to keep them young

link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, while alive i'm an individual, before and after that we're everything else.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: quintessentone

Sounds like a way to torture one's wife due to one's paranoia.

Well, something had to be done to ease a paranoid husband's suspicion. I mean, stoning women for fornication was easy to do, if the unmarried woman was pregnant. But how do you prove your wife is schtooping your neighbor!?

You give her a poison potion that if it swells her stomach and wastes away her thighs then she's guilty and of course the poison potion will always do that. Point proven.

If you look back on American colonial history, the examples of criminal abortions were always abortions perpetrated or ordered by the man who owned the woman, either by slavery, bond servant, guardianship, marriage or secret affairs.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

NOT HAVE BEEN BORN

The killing part is all you.

But they're already conceived... that developing fetus will become a specific person capable of living a life

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

You were responding to this:

"If you hadn't been born, you would never have known anything. It would not have mattered."

Yes, and you also don't know about your own existence until 15 months or so. So if it doesn't matter as long as they don't know about their existence then that logic applies to killing 15 month year olds

Not true. Babies can see their own limbs and reflections, they can appreciate a bottle in their mouth and quickly learn to ask for it. All of that happens before 6 months.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well, something had to be done to ease a paranoid husband's suspicion. I mean, stoning women for fornication was easy to do, if the unmarried woman was pregnant. But how do you prove your wife is schtooping your neighbor!?

You give her a poison potion that if it swells her stomach and wastes away her thighs then she's guilty and of course the poison potion will always do that. Point proven.

If you look back on American colonial history, the examples of criminal abortions were always abortions perpetrated or ordered by the man who owned the woman, either by slavery, bond servant, guardianship, marriage or secret affairs.

Indeed, it makes one wonder how many women are coerced by their men into having the abortion.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

What does Roe have to do with the simple question of why do people believe abortions are bad? It's a separate topic no matter how you spin it and you are spinning it. Since I'm only interested in discussing the topic in the OP, I'll bow out.

How?

The 2 are wholly entwined.

Half a question: " Why are abortions bad?" Who says?

Roe vs Wade -- "Why are abortions good? Because I have the right to choose.

I got to give you credit for sticking to it.

Ignore Roe entirely and you tell me why you think abortions are good or bad? Don't let politics or what you're told is true influence you, but instead, from your mind and heart, when is abortion good or bad?

You want me to repeat my story of spontaneous abortion and elective abortion?

Or my daughter's story -- who discovered she was 5 months pregnant and had to make an instant decision whether to keep or abort?

She was single and self-supporting. Also told by doctors she was physically unable to get pregnant.

I think it was you who brought up preemies.

She chose to keep, was immediately placed in the hospital, had to have an emergency Cerclage.

He arrived a little past 6 months at 3 pounds, spent 2 months in an incubator in NICU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear stories all the time -- if you've ever experienced childbirth and experienced a miscarriage, had a grandchild that almost didn't make it, etc -- that you'd never support abortion.

Well, that's a big FAT LIE.

This is wholly about a woman's autonomy -- whether she chooses abortion or not.

The Good and the Bad -- are the same CHOICE.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Indeed, it makes one wonder how many women are coerced by their men into having the abortion.

The most common subreason given was that the woman could not afford a baby now because she was unmarried (42%). Thirty-eight percent indicated that having a baby would interfere with their education, and the same proportion said it would interfere with their employment. In a related vein, 34% said they could not afford a child because they were students or were planning to study.

In the in-depth interviews, the three most frequently stated reasons were the same as in the structured survey: the dramatic impact a baby would have on the women's lives or the lives of their other children (32 of 38 respondents), financial concerns (28), and their current relationship or fear of single motherhood (21). Nine women cited health concerns for themselves, possible problems affecting the health of the fetus or both as a reason for terminating the pregnancy.

www.guttmacher.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The thing that gets me is that women are the ones who bear the brunt of responsibilty for unplanned preganacies, but the sperm donor seems to get a free pass the majority of the time.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

The thing that gets me is that women are the ones who bear the brunt of responsibilty for unplanned preganacies, but the sperm donor seems to get a free pass the majority of the time.

Maybe women should stop glorifying their sexual identity. Or perhaps every abortion should come with a mandatory castration for the male responsible for the pregnancy. There's no "good" answer, only answers that yield a dramatic decline in abortion statistics by any means necessary.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So when to men have the reigns put on about their Sexual Prowness and Verility?

Responsibility goes both ways you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That report was on U.S. women and we all know American women aren't coerced easily. Also the report does not report whether or not the unmarried/single women were with the father at the time, and if so, was the father asked whether or not he wanted the abortion? How many men would be willing to work two to three jobs to afford more children?
edit on 4-10-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I cannot emphasize enough that responsibility is a first person, single player activity. Either you make the right choices for your lifestyle, or you don't.

That report was on U.S. women and we all know American women aren't coerced easily. Also the report does not report whether or not the unmarried/single women were with the father at the time, and if so, was the father asked whether or not he wanted the abortion? How many men would be willing to work two to three jobs to afford more children?

Did you click the link to read the study at its home page? I recommend you do so.

edit on 4-10-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Maybe women should stop glorifying their sexual identity. Or perhaps every abortion should come with a mandatory castration for the male responsible for the pregnancy. There's no "good" answer, only answers that yield a dramatic decline in abortion statistics by any means necessary.

Here's a good answer: vasectomy, for the men that want to play and not pay.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

My response: For eons women have suffered the brunt of anything related to childbirth.

If it's the wrong gender? Woman's fault.
If woman can't conceive? Never the man's fault.
If birth defect? Woman's fault.
If not healthy? Woman's fault.
If wrong color? Woman's fault.
If "doesn't look like me"? Woman's fault.
. . . . and on and on.

If a woman got pregnant and the man did not honor her by marrying her -- her fault for choosing the wrong man.

So, today -- if a woman gets pregnant -- chooses to abort -- doesn't tell the sperm donor -- his fault -- he chose the wrong woman.

I know 2 men who chose the right woman. Per the man's wishes the women had the baby and gave it to the man.

CHOICE is everything.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I cannot emphasize enough that responsibility is a first person, single player activity. Either you make the right choices for your lifestyle, or you don't.

Did you click the link to read the study at its home page? I recommend you do so.

Did you read the 'conclusions'? One of the main reasons: lack of partner support. Women are facing lack of support at every turn.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Notabot12345666

How does hair color factor into this discussion?

I don't color my hair in any way, shape or form.

Am I somehow immune now?

The wild colors that the progressives love to color their hair used to be known as “histrionic” behavior. I was taught that in nursing school. It was accepted doctrine. Same as transgenderism. We were told to re-orient the patient and don’t play into their delusions. Because that’s what they are. Delusions.
Then $cience took over.
Now it is hate speech to call a mental disorder what it is.
You don’t have to have rainbow hair to be crazy. But if you do don’t expect for a sane person to take you seriously.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join