It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: gortex

I try to stay far away from these threads and news, as everyone is lying and you have to pick a side to believe, knowing everyone is lying.

but Ukraine should be taking the war to Russia if they want to stop it. If Russia has to explain to it's citizens why they are being blown up, folks might start to see the real truth for what it is, and force him to end this. Although ending this may not be what "they" want, so with that, I'll disappear and let ya'll continue with whatever this is.

Terrible idea, it would enforce the Putin lie for land-grabs that Ukraine is a threat to Russia, what needs to be displayed is Putin is an Idiot, Ukraine has no intention of invading Russia, and never did, it would also make a national mobilization or recruitment which is rock bottom swell, they dont need to do any of that, just secure its stolen territory to prior 2014, job done

lol

Lastly, we can see the truth because its 2022 after all, we can see a clear picture confirmed or not confirmed of the battlefield, there are professional people studying ever inch of it 24/7 via satellites or SIGNIT and anything from magnetic anomalies to counting dead troop or tank, the world is watching, and the fact is...Russia is getting its arse beat to a pulp

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: ScepticScot

The overwhelming view was that Russia would win quickly and it would then turn into a guerilla resistance Ukraine.

Please do show me all the MSM articles from around the start of this conflict talking about how Russia would quickly win. Because I can present you pages upon pages of articles claiming Ukraine will soon beat Russia for all sorts of fanciful reasons.

Virtually everyone expected a russisan victory.

www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org... a=1&_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16628306108018&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&share=https%3A%2F %2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2022%2F03%2F08%2Fhow-will-russias-war-with-ukraine-end-here-are-5-possible-outcomes.html

edit on 10-9-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

"So they have taken towns that the Russians have largely moved out of."

Hmmm. I wonder just why might RUS have moved out and left everything?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I prefer to look at what is happening today, in the present rather than harping on about MSN coverage of the past.

It would only be a sterile and forensic exercise.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

A 4% drop in gdp is booming?

I'm referring to an article I saw the other day talking about how well their currency is performing compared to other, apparently they have much less inflation, and their control over oil has allowed them to make record profits in that sector. It seems like many nations have had their GDP decrease in recent times. Not to mention, the fact they had to rebuild a large part of their economy after the west abandoned them may cause their GDP to drop now, but it will be good for their economy in the long term and make them very self-sufficient.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

A 4% drop in gdp is booming?

I'm referring to an article I saw the other day talking about how well their currency is performing compared to other, apparently they have much less inflation, and their control over oil has allowed them to make record profits in that sector. It seems like many nations have had their GDP decrease in recent times. Not to mention, the fact they had to rebuild a large part of their economy after the west abandoned them may cause their GDP to drop now, but it will be good for their economy in the long term and make them very self-sufficient.

Alienating their main trade partners is not going to be good for their economy. This war will adversely impact the russian economy for years probably decades.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

It was never about taking over the entire country.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.
Seems like Vlad's doing just fine.

Loosing territory and loosing soldiers and military hardware while loosing territory is fine?

He's losing expendable mercenaries and antiquated military equipment...while earning hundreds of billions to rebuild his military with state-of-the-art.

if you think Russia will be fielding any new equipment please state what? is that the ammunition theyre desperate for from North Korea?

Russia is sacrificing their antiquated equipment as they modernize their military via the hundreds of billions they are now making from oil exports.

Even car dealerships know you have to clear the lot of old stock before buying new models.

As for ammunition from NK...you buy back antiquated ammo for antiquated delivery systems from those who still have that antiquated ammo designed for the antiquated systems you've already sold to them.

I have been saying this, rare you see a T90 tank, Armata Tank is not present, on rare occasion you can spot a Pansir.
They use the low flying migs and they have modern migs that can drop bombs similar to JDAM, they are laser guided and these migs fly high and fast and can hit targets from far away, they are not around either. All you hear about are those low flying older migs.

Rare you hear about a mig 35. It's rare you hear about even more advanced migs.
They are just not using them.
edit on 10-9-2022 by Afinity99 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: network dude

This war is expected to last years.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would love to see Russia get sent packing.
It's just not going to happen.

I agree. This is a stunt to drum up support that's been waning in western countries. Show they can have some successful campaigns to justify all the aid.

The reality is Russia is waiting for the ground to freeze. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all taken back by November.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Afinity99

Because they won't risk losing them?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why would they want to wait for that?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

They will be a pariah State for years to come.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I guess I just imagined all those MSM articles and all those people I debated on ATS trying to tell me Ukraine was winning. And that one article you managed to find is based on the opinion of some war analysts, and those people might actually have some clue what they are talking about, unlike 99% of the MSM opinion pieces written by spin artists.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't think that is the case, the S300' battery system is not that good against these newer migs and Ukraine does not have anything else to take these down.

Some migs got shot down with man pads because they are flying low

link   

originally posted by: Afinity99

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

It was never about taking over the entire country.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.
Seems like Vlad's doing just fine.

Loosing territory and loosing soldiers and military hardware while loosing territory is fine?

He's losing expendable mercenaries and antiquated military equipment...while earning hundreds of billions to rebuild his military with state-of-the-art.

if you think Russia will be fielding any new equipment please state what? is that the ammunition theyre desperate for from North Korea?

Russia is sacrificing their antiquated equipment as they modernize their military via the hundreds of billions they are now making from oil exports.

Even car dealerships know you have to clear the lot of old stock before buying new models.

As for ammunition from NK...you buy back antiquated ammo for antiquated delivery systems from those who still have that antiquated ammo designed for the antiquated systems you've already sold to them.

I have been saying this, rare you see a T90 tank, Armata Tank is not present, on rare occasion you can spot a Pansir.
They use the low flying migs and they have modern migs that can drop bombs similar to JDAM, they are laser guided and these migs fly high and fast and can hit targets from far away, they are not around either. All you hear about are those low flying older migs.

Rare you hear about a mig 35. It's rare you hear about even more advanced migs.
They are just not using them.

Is it a common milatry tactics to have large number of troops killled and fail to achieve objectives so you can keep back your better equipment.

Or maybe Russia doesn't actually have any more than a handful of newer weapons that are massively overpromoted to drum up overseas arms sales.

edit on 10-9-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would love to see Russia get sent packing.
It's just not going to happen.

I agree. This is a stunt to drum up support that's been waning in western countries. Show they can have some successful campaigns to justify all the aid.

The reality is Russia is waiting for the ground to freeze. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all taken back by November.

Manufactured consent. No different than any other war or "peacekeeping" mission in the past.

Signed, sealed and delivered billions of USD to one of the most corrupt nations in the world....that we had a hand in constructing.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I guess I just imagined all those MSM articles and all those people I debated on ATS trying to tell me Ukraine was winning. And that one article you managed to find is based on the opinion of some war analysts, and those people might actually have some clue what they are talking about, unlike 99% of the MSM opinion pieces written by spin artists.

I think you did.

Please feel free to link to some and we can discuss.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You might have.

But you could post some?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Afinity99

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't think that is the case, the S300' battery system is not that good against these newer migs and Ukraine does not have anything else to take these down.

Some migs got shot down with man pads because they are flying low

How many mig 35s does Russia have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join