It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Head of the Luhansk region's military admin Serhiy Haidai:

“our troops are on the threshold of Izyum and Lyman, and this is only the beginning. Be sure that Kreminna, Svatove, Miluvatka, Rubizhne and other towns of our region will soon also see the blue and yellow of the 🇺🇦 flag”

Karol Darmoros twitter

⚡️Mayor: Ukrainian troops fight Russian forces on outskirts of Lyman, Donetsk Oblast.

The Kyiv Independent

Russia got about 200,000 pissed of Ukrainians charging the lines from Kherson to Kharkiv, Russia cant have more than 80,000 Troops left in the fight ?

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Hella good

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
La reply to: TritonTaranis

Ukrainians are fighting to defend their Country.

What Motivation does your average Russian soldier have,, like why are they even there, why are they so badly equipped and led, etc?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Blitzkrieg on steroids.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

It was never about taking over the entire country.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.
Seems like Vlad's doing just fine.

Loosing territory and loosing soldiers and military hardware while loosing territory is fine?

He's losing expendable mercenaries and antiquated military equipment...while earning hundreds of billions to rebuild his military with state-of-the-art.

if you think Russia will be fielding any new equipment please state what? is that the ammunition theyre desperate for from North Korea?

Russia is sacrificing their antiquated equipment as they modernize their military via the hundreds of billions they are now making from oil exports.

Even car dealerships know you have to clear the lot of old stock before buying new models.

As for ammunition from NK...you buy back antiquated ammo for antiquated delivery systems from those who still have that antiquated ammo designed for the antiquated systems you've already sold to them.

Car dealerships don't tend to take their old stock to neighbouring lots to get blown up with their employees in them.

Well maybe Ford dealers.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What Motivation does your average Russian soldier have,, like why are they even there, why are they so badly equipped and led, etc?

Russian squaddies apparently happy to get blown up in outdated vehicles as this will allow Mother Russia to get new shinny ones...

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Good plan, eh?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Hella good

The push towards Yasynuvata and Donetsk Airport "if true" pretty sure it is, it would mean ZSU's first steps in territories occupied since 2014, a huge moral boost, Imagine the state of Russian manpower if Ukraine can attack 8 year old defensive lines like this, and even more so since its a full on assault from every region

What it looks like to me is they've been holding until the NATO equipment and trained troops got to sufficient numbers to pull of a proper Blitzkrieg, the two main assaults are in critical areas

Kherson offensive will eventually entrap Crimea, While the Kharkiv-Izyum breakthrough secures all the road and rail networks to DNR & LNR territories

Cant even plan an organised retreat after this lol, i don think people realize how massive this is, it might not be the end but its certainly etching on the beginning of the end for Russian forces, however it'll get tougher the closer Ukraine gets to the boarder in Luhansk

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sadly , I think , many of the Russian squaddies are dead and those holding the lines now are guns for hire so as soon as it starts to get sticky they're offski.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I admit, i did not expect this kind of speed from Ukrainians. yeeh make sense they were wise and holding until got enough NATO equipment and trained troops.

This also extent the HIMARS range to new areas as soon they can move them forward .

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

They've looted the country of washing machines, carpets and old TVs as a bonus, they robbed all the minimarts for food and booze because of logistics issues, and go home to sleep in a cold ditch

Yeah, its DIRE on the recruitment front as expected

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sadly , I think , many of the Russian squaddies are dead and those holding the lines now are guns for hire so as soon as it starts to get sticky they're offski.

10,000 Russian Troop in Izyum

wonder if they all got out in time or were gonna see 10k POWs?

Pops a beer, refresh refresh refresh
edit on 10-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
This video sums up how things are going for Russia at this point.
Russian T-72 fleeing Ukrainian troops, discarding men and then crashing into a tree

edit on 10 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

We where told months ago that Russia had won the war.

Haha... how easy it is to change history when it suits you. At the beginning of this conflict there was an endless amount of MSM propaganda saying Ukraine was beating Russia all over the place and they would achieve a quick victory. I wrote a long post on ATS about why those claims were clearly bogus when we consider the resources and man-power on each side, and I argued it would actually be a slow and drawn out war.

Then Russia started to dismantle the MSM narrative about Ukraine when they started to take territories in eastern Ukraine. And here we are many months later, war still raging on, thousands upon thousands of lives lost, billions of dollars spent funding death, a global energy crisis made much worse than it needed to be, global peace in tatters, space programs destroyed, all to help one of the most corrupt governments on Earth win a territorial dispute.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

But Ukraine didn't start this, and it's not a "territorial dispute", it's an invasion of a long established Sovereign Country. A war.

Not been keeping up with Ukraine's massive counter attack?
edit on 10-9-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: alldaylong

We where told months ago that Russia had won the war.

Haha... how easy it is to change history when it suits you. At the beginning of this conflict there was an endless amount of MSM propaganda saying Ukraine was beating Russia all over the place and they would achieve a quick victory. I wrote a long post on ATS about why those claims were clearly bogus when we consider the resources and man-power on each side, and I argued it would actually be a slow and drawn out war.

Then Russia started to dismantle the MSM narrative about Ukraine when they started to take territories in eastern Ukraine. And here we are many months later, war still raging on, thousands upon thousands of lives lost, billions of dollars spent funding death, a global energy crisis made much worse than it needed to be, global peace in tatters, space programs destroyed, all to help one of the most corrupt governments on Earth win a territorial dispute.

Your post is changing history.

The overwhelming view was that Russia would win quickly and it would then turn into a guerilla resistance Ukraine.

The success of the Ukrainans and incompetence of the Russian forces was the surprise.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yes, Putin is in the wrong, shouldn't have invaded, but it still a territorial dispute, Putin wants territory, so started a war to get it. At this point I just think the world would be a much better place if we let them sort of their own problems. And as for what the MSM reports about the war, I learned a long time ago not to believe a single word they say. I'll believe it when Ukraine declares victory, not a time when the Russian economy is booming and they are making record oil profits.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

A 4% drop in gdp is booming?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The overwhelming view was that Russia would win quickly and it would then turn into a guerilla resistance Ukraine.

Please do show me all the MSM articles from around the start of this conflict talking about how Russia would quickly win. Because I can present you pages upon pages of articles claiming Ukraine will soon beat Russia for all sorts of fanciful reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join