It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh It’s Happening The Great Reset

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12
Bitcoin and the "square" will be the future. God forbid the www. ever goes down or cloud access.

fitsmallbusiness.com...

It's a brave new world....all controlled by that small commutation device in your pocket or purse. QR code [quick response] is here to stay.
Bar codes are old school.

My small LLC is now being strongly pushed to use the "square" by my bank/credit union.

Interesting.

I've been watching the trend to cashless -- but Bitcoin (and others) seemed too unstable.

"square" -- first time I've heard of that.

Just recently I was in a retail store and they didn't take "credit" cards, only debit.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Square isn't a currency, its a company started by Jack dorsey, which utilizes cloud based systems for digital payments. You can use your card, or cellphone, or any type of tap device and you don't need to press any physical buttons, just wave the payment over the terminal.

Although, for years now payments with just cell phone 'tapping' ie. two cell phones waved next to each other, has been in pilot projects in India and Africa.
edit on 21-8-2022 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

3 years isn't exactly decades old.

HA! Oh yes it is. All trends since the scamdemic are useless. I own a biz. Trust me, nothing is the same. Nor will it ever be the same again.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Reply to olaru12:

Just recently I was in a retail store and they didn't take "credit" cards, only debit.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Bitcoin and the "square" will be the future. God forbid the www. ever goes down or cloud access.

fitsmallbusiness.com...

It's a brave new world....all controlled by that small commutation device in your pocket or purse. QR code [quick response] is here to stay.

My small LLC is now being strongly pushed to use the "square" by my bank/credit union.

Interesting.

I've been watching the trend to cashless -- but Bitcoin (and others) seemed too unstable.

Which makes no sense because the fees are the same. Unless they are idiots with a terrible merchant provider. Costco ‘Elevon’ are some of the biggest scam artists.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reply to KKloco:

HA! Oh yes it is. All trends since the scamdemic are useless. I own a biz. Trust me, nothing is the same. Nor will it ever be the same again.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

3. United Kingdom -- In the U.K., credit cards, online payments, and contactless payments have largely replaced cash payments. Cash is no longer accepted on public transport in the U.K. and the number of available ATMs is dwindling.

I can only speak for my own 30 ish mile radius journeys, but cash is accepted on ALL taxi's, bus's, trains, ferry's, even horse and carriage rides lol.
So, your source there is wrong about any UK wide bans on cash.

...I can see it coming though lol, plenty of business exploited covid to save cash handling fees.
Plenty changed their mind when it eventually lost them customers who value secrecy about where they eat/drink, and the specific time😱
I'm one of them customers 👍

edit on 21-8-2022 by angeltone because: added "specific time" lol

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its been said people were saving change during Covid. Our local Family Dollar and Spartans are asking collectors to bring them in! And its been mentioned as to the cause. At least here in Metro D.

Dunno...reset? It been happening. We're just now starting to "get it". Its how you and me got here talking about it today....after the fact. Insidiously been sneakin up all these last few...

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

USA is not in the top 3 cashless countries.

And,,,,,,,,,?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And,,,,,,,,,?

Is this not a discussion board?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Wait till you see your Social Security numbers - better sit down before you find out, our country has been given away!

Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And,,,,,,,,,?

Is this not a discussion board?

Your point was ?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Watch what happens when they start selectively pulling the plugs on specific area card readers !!!!!

Mass Chaos and looting galore 😀

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's starting in China !!!!🆘❗️

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

If you have Social Security issues, it's online.

That has always made me nervous. When the net goes down-controlled or not- it could take days or weeks to get back online. Will there be some sort of grace period for not being able to pay ones' bills or will the late fees stand? That's enough to seriously endanger people who live without a comfortable savings.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't know, but trying to get through to Social Security on the phone is a nightmare of holding for at least an hour or two.
And pray that you don't get disconnected when someone finally answers.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

My husband went to the Social Security office some years back, and was given a certain figure that he would be receiving monthly after retiring.
Well that figure has been reduced substantially when he finally filed for it during the pandemic, losing his job.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeltone

3. United Kingdom -- In the U.K., credit cards, online payments, and contactless payments have largely replaced cash payments. Cash is no longer accepted on public transport in the U.K. and the number of available ATMs is dwindling.

I can only speak for my own 30 ish mile radius journeys, but cash is accepted on ALL taxi's, bus's, trains, ferry's, even horse and carriage rides lol.
So, your source there is wrong about any UK wide bans on cash.

...I can see it coming though lol, plenty of business exploited covid to save cash handling fees.
Plenty changed their mind when it eventually lost them customers who value secrecy about where they eat/drink, and the specific time😱
I'm one of them customers 👍

I realize it's not everywhere. I can see it coming here too.

Maybe there's more obvious push in the UK.

Here, in my Walmart, you can use cash only if you go through the checker/check out lane.

You can only use card in the self-checkout.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

fitsmallbusiness.com...

Interesting.

That's a new one to me.

But, it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Someone we know worked his whole life and had a pension from one job where he worked for 30 years, in order to get that pension.
He just filed for Social Security and was told a decent monthly figure. Then he was asked if he would be receiving a pension from a job, he was honest and told them.
His Social Security amount per month was then cut in half.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join