It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poor will freeze to death in the UK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Be less of a drain on society if all the poor people die. Could reduce the benefits system cost.

I'm failing to see a downside if all the unwashed are dead.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

The majority of those poor people facilitate and service the rich by way of their minimum wage jobs so they can have the luxury and lifestyle choices they enjoy.

Take away the poor and the rich and privileged won't remain up high in the clouds in their ivory towers for long, so there is that aka be careful what you wish for.
edit on 15-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Be less of a drain on society if all the poor people die. Could reduce the benefits system cost.

Such a great worldly view you've got there?
I take it you support the "great reset" conspiracy then?

edit on 15-8-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

the same is true of the rest of the western world as i see it we're coming to the point the soviet union did at the point it collapsed..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I would say I'm glad we here only gave the world banoffee but then thinking of all the calories perhaps not

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

the last time the rich learnt that lesson was during the black death as it killed off serfdom... giving us the adage "as the poor get fewer the rest get richer" as it breaks the hold the rich have over the poor..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

The plague is estimated to have killed around 25 million people in Europe which equates to about 1/3 of the continent's population at the time.

Fair play it can be argued that we got the renaissance period and subsequent industrial revolution down to the likes of the black death.

Still a hell of a price to pay for progress, and arguably one that could be avoided in this day of age given half a chance.
edit on 15-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Remember the good old days when we had cheap reliable coal power?

Of course we can't use coal anymore because of global warming apparently. Then they called it climate change now it's the dreaded climate crisis. Smells like propaganda, looks like propaganda.

Renewables are cheaper they say over and over again. Smells like propaganda, looks like propaganda. Clearly if you look at reality renewables are expensive, intermittent and unreliable.

Renewables big mistake, Europe relying on Russian gas big mistake. This is all self inflicted.

Meanwhile Asia right now is building over 250 coal power stations while the idiot west commits economic suicide LOL.

Only 24 countries are actually reducing the dreaded carbon emissions. I guess 80% of the world would rather have electricity LOL.

IMO suicidal climate action policies are now the biggest threat to the west. The peasants better start voting against this craziness or they are going to get what they get and it won't be pretty... Sri Lanka anyone?

And of course we have the fabulous WEF in there trying to gain money and power from the whole affair... milking the climate crisis and "urgent climate action required" for all it's worth.
edit on 15-8-2022 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Might i suggest a few more layers? How did people survive before central heating?... We wore appropriate clothing.

Not saying it's ideal but you have to adapt or die.
Or go to prison. Free accommodation, food and heating.
edit on 15-8-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sounds fine and dandy until you are one of the unwashed....

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

the same is true of the rest of the western world as i see it we're coming to the point the soviet union did at the point it collapsed..

Totally spot on nickyw

The whole country is literally falling apart. The fall of the USSR is a really good comparison and something I've pondered on too when watching our country disintegrate into the final days we are living through.

There was some geezer on Jeremy Vine ring in last friday. Ok his car is under attack. Somewhere in the South East from memory. Masked criminals are attempting to steal the cat from his exhaust. He comes out, also neighbours come out. Thieves threaten the neighbours that their cars will be smashed up too if they don't back off. Thieves continue the cat removal. Car owner then grabs camera and live streams it to the local police station. Police refuse to visitbthe scene of the crime, even though it's happening on their PC screens live! They reply they don't have the resources to turn up and stop the thieves.

No good can come of the way this country is descending into the final days of the USSR

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Between the plandemic and manufactured energy and food crises and whatever else awaits us, the WEF/UN/WHO are aiming to hit their depopulation goals well before 2030. Any bets on what percentage that will be?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I'm literally watching TOS while I read your post.

Epic.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Randyvine2

I'm in Scotland mate where it can become considerably colder, but England gets its fair share of bad weather also.

Cold enough to kill vulnerable pensioners, blankets or otherwise, where Hypothermia can set in without them even realizing sometimes.

Yes! Winter/xmas 1976 I think it was. Water froze in the house in Inverness. Your tea would get cold almost immediately. We all went to bed wearing as much of our clothing as possible. Trains on strike, food rationing at the shops. Incredible wind chill with the gusts. Memorable visit to an elderly auntie's who hadn't much as a pensioner. An extended period of that would kill some of them for sure. Just the ice getting out the door was treacherous.

I was surprised as an adult when I spent time in London as the climate is much more temperate on average.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Burn the rich.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

"Winter is God's way of telling you to burn more Catholics"

E. Blackadder.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I feel you might get hit by some Karma.

If you're doing well in life then appreciate it. Don't waste your time hating on people less fortunate than yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We rely on a log burner to heat our cottage.

They seem to be against that here....

edit on 15-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

it certainly feels we are all on the cusp of change.. perhaps it'll help us shift from this age of unreason to a new age of reason but then that might just be more me being overly optimistic..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The peasants will have to go back to chopping wood and having fires to keep warm. Problem is a lot of houses these days don't have fireplaces...

Going to be a very interesting winter for Europe...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join