It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poor will freeze to death in the UK.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

the big issue with grandiose plans is the opposite tends to happen, as if the current box of unintended consequences wasn't enouigh for the west to deal with the establishment keeps trying for more..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Who you calling "peasant"?

Harrumph.....

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Who you calling "peasant"?

Harrumph.....

lol I mean us normal folk who aren't in the globalist elite or WEF and don't fly around in private jets, and don't have 3 mansions with the carbon footprint of a small city. The pitchforks are coming...

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

lol many of the poorer locations do that anyway and always have as a right..

in my last home each year the locals would go out to chop down the trees of the union (workhouse now hospital) this year it'will be interesting to see if any trees are left..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There’s no limit to how far the British will bend over and take it up the a$$! It’s as though the ruling, corporate class are now just having fun in a Trading Places-esque bet in which one rich bastard has bet another rich bastard that no matter how much they take the pi$$ - no matter how visible and obvious the corruption is - the masses have now been dumbed down so much on a diet of bad education, hollow, uber-materialistic culture and endless existential threat that they will never revolt…

…Never dare to, moreover never even conceive of the notion - the possibility - that the masses hold the balance of power by their sheer number should they act first with in waves, but inevitably a tsunami. They would, as the Brit bob hoskins said in The Long Good Friday ‘$hit’em’.

The British aristocracy have always been master breeders and they’ve now bred the populace over several post war decades to be toothless work horses of industry. And now that industry is moot in this Information age we’ve been bred to be tame house cats and lap dogs. A sorry, servile bunch.

Many will not like reading that and be quick to jump to the defence of this once Nazi beating Union of 4 small nations and I applaud that. But the proof’s in the pudding; a pudding that every starving, freezing Brit will watch smeared all over the elite’s laughing faces by their faithfully obedient politicians and press and be grateful for the privilege of watching, just to take their minds off the pain.

edit on 15-8-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Regardless of what you personally think is the reason for the absurd rise in the cost of gas, electric, petrol, diesel and food in the UK its a very real concern, I'm back to biegd poor again at the moment and its the first time in a long time I'm actually a bit worried about the future.

That said I'll ask anyone who's worried a question or three, Do you smoke fags or weed? Drink alcohol? do you have sky tv or another paid tv service?

If its yes to any of the above then you've some simple solutions right there.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thanks, I have problems with that pesky sign. I remember those tall paraffin heaters and homes with fireplaces, that were leaky as far as airflow was concerned, gaps in window panes gaps under doors. Modern building standards just about hermetically seal places, so you can bet that monoxide levels will be bad with regard to indoor gas heaters. Plus no fireplaces in modern homes, which surely has to be a bad mistake when it comes to energy crisis or cost. I remember this little cottage in some woodland all made of stone the guy who lived there just burnt faggots on the big fireplace in winter, it was put up in the seventeenth century, and you could even cook on it with iron hooks. Have we really progressed much?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That's a relief, then.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

How about some questions for the scum shareholders profiteering? Do they more have yachts and cars than they need? Do they have more homes than they need? Do they have a conscience? Do they know there’s a lot more of us than them?

edit on 15-8-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Again these things are the very small pleasures of life that are artificially taxed for disgusting leves of profit. What a grim unnecessary existence just living to exist. All misery is artificial and when it's not you have a personal problem to conquer.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That said I'll ask anyone who's worried a question or three, Do you smoke fags or weed? Drink alcohol? do you have sky tv or another paid tv service?

So the most needy and vulnerable in our society are the one's who will suffer the most, as usual.

Working people reduced to what is in effect a subsitence level existence.

Its simply not acceptable.
We are regressing back to a Victorianesque society and all the social inequalities and injustices that go with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Again these things are the very small pleasures of life that are artificially taxed for disgusting leves of profit. What a grim unnecessary existence just living to exist.

I really couldn't have put it any better.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

central heating that very 80s thing prior to that I knew no one with central heating, mostly the old electric bar heaters or posh gas ones, even the hot water was from an immersion heater on bath nights..

most of those born pre 80s will probably have experienced some of those especially in grandparents homes, always the stories of how the fires electric gas coal or wood where restricted in use.. warm rooms before bed and the freezing dance to warm them in morning..

every family i knew had there own rules around fires/warm water etc.. I can see that happening again..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

we've been circling that space for a long while, hence the decline in living conditions transend the cons but encompass all parties,. that entire strata is disconnected from the rest of us to such an extent they no longer see anything but themselves.. I'm not even sure its fixable at this point.. the sewers here burst on a weekly basis, I'm talking about the high pressure pumps, the infrastructure is failing as fast as the establishment..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Utilities etc all started going downhill when they got sold off.
Foreign companies happily syphoning billions out of the country whilst refusing to re-invest in the maintenance of their investment.
Realtive small time investors greedily making their little bit of profit out of the misery caused to millions whilst big time investors amass obscene amounts of money.

Its simply morally repugnant.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think those questions are already being asked and in the nearish future said shareholders will be weeping as they see their investments tumble as I think things are going to change as regards the current setup.

My point was not defending the evil fookers that are putting us in this position but more to point out that there's skint and then there's "skint"

I'll not be happy until its either renationalised or taxed to the point of it being pretty much unprofitable.

originally posted by: McGinty

How about some questions for the scum shareholders profiteering? Do they more yachts and cars than they need? they have more homes than they need? Do they have a conscience? Do they know there’s a lot of of us than them?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can remember us getting central heating when I was about 7. before that we had a coal fire in the living room and a free standing gas fire for when the fire wasn't lit.

Breakfast was often toast from a toasting fork on the gas fire.

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: Soloprotocol

central heating that very 80s thing prior to that I knew no one with central heating, mostly the old electric bar heaters or posh gas ones, even the hot water was from an immersion heater on bath nights..

most of those born pre 80s will probably have experienced some of those especially in grandparents homes, always the stories of how the fires electric gas coal or wood where restricted in use.. warm rooms before bed and the freezing dance to warm them in morning..

every family i knew had there own rules around fires/warm water etc.. I can see that happening again..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I can remember my gran getting central heating about 1981 or 1982.

The daft underfloor sorts with vents and ducking, that collected and transported dust and smells about the house like nobody's business.

You could smell your breakfast cooking from down the stair with all the doors and windows shut.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

of course it is repugnant but it is also totally self inflicted by an out of touch establishment too scared to use the resources is equally obscene to protect profits.. my own water company siting on top of a massive aquifer still built and closed a desalination plant rather than fix leaks and repair aging infrastructure which is now catastrophically breaking down,

The dominoes are falling highlighting the con of the zombie culture we live in, it should have been put to rest post 2007/8 but life support if failing now.. had to happen at some point i guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
We are regressing back to a Victorianesque society and all the social inequalities and injustices that go with it.

To think, there was everyone taking the pi$$ out of Reese-Mogg for harking backward, when in fact was harking forward, as though he’s known all along what was coming and had his wardrobe suitably prepared in advance. Tory plan has probably always been 21st century feudalism.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join