It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poor will freeze to death in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

much of the economy is filled with zombie companies that rely on the cheapest labour which is the big risk should the incoming crises collapse them and further cripple existing living conditions..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: anonentity

We still have winters?

Occasionally.

Sod's Law it'll be this year.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

we have enough resources, skills and capability but not the will to keep the lights on and fires burning..

its a topic that none of the political parties ae on the right side of nor are any pivoting to real solutions that don't upset the status quo of the musketeer motto, if one is cold all should be cold..

our leaders miss the low lying fruit that'd save them, for trump it would have been trying to fix the slave trade and people trafficking in Libya, for Johnson its not rolling back the green levies investing in new power and extraction so the UK could be the exporter and help the EU backfill.. instead we have a political class that only knows hubris..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Don't hold your breath.

I'm considering moving North to escape this heat.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

i think it was 2007/8 when southern water after being brought by jp Morgan claimed the south east was in a drought and wanted to impose a large drought levy only to be washed away in groundwater flooding a few weeks later..

I am bracing for the same this year as you say sods law when they make these claims, its personal for me as the water gets ever closer to my backsteps each year..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hey UK listen to this Midwestern girl. It gets cold here, when i say cold i mean freeeeezing. Colder than anything the
UK sees.

Remember people have survived without electricity and gas for a long time, think like them.

-Down blankets. You will never see a return for you money like you do with down. It has to be real.
-If your electric or gas is off, stay in a smaller area like a small room or even a tent inside
- wear natural materials, wool, alpaca, silk, I can’t stress this enough
-adjust your body to colder temperatures. Sounds stupid but the more you expose yourself to cold the more you’ll be able to tolerate it.
-Use hot water bottles to keep warm
-eat body warming foods
If things get serious work with friends and neighbors to pool resources.

I agree with the poster that said get a co2 detector!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

down here on the Southern coast I'd say this year its been uncomfortable for 3 to 4 nights but then it's cooler by the coast so that could also be a direction of travel..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

The water companies are definitely shady.

Like the energy companies, they are rinsing every penny they can squeeze from us.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's a bit cooler here today but the humidity is relentless.

I love the Southern coast/South West, so much wind.

Here in the Midlands, it's just sweat, sweat, sweat every day.

I hope this summer is a one off.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

certainly are.. the amount of leaks around here is probably why they've not imposed any hosepipe bans.. the other day it was 2miles out to seas after a gas build up and plant shutdown.. it keeps happening not into rivers here but out to sea, to be fair not the tampon and pad strewn beaches of my youth..

It honestly leaves me feeling the infrastructure is close to complete collapse..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

If things get serious work with friends and neighbors to pool resources.

This is an attempt on Western foundations!

But what about individualism?

In this way, you can eventually fall into the sin of collectivism.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

that explains it after growing up beside the sea I moved 10 miles inland and hated it, I sound so inflexible when I say I'm not sure I could ever live far from the sea again..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I've regularly visited the South West for many years and the wind is just heaven for me. We hardly get any up here.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Zero-hour contracts certainly don't help matters.

Never mind the fact that the minimum wage is not exactly in line with inflation by any manner nor means.

And if you have a job, dont be trying to get a council house or association property these days, coz chances are you will wait about 5-10 years.

Not that its conducive to most to even want a council house in a lot of the places they are even on offer anyway.

It's a # show nickyw.

Austerity all over the shop and in just about every corner of the land, no matter what they claim.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

This is an attempt on Western foundations! But what about individualism? In this way, you can eventually fall into the sin of collectivism.

The individual can freeze to death, or not. Sometimes it’s about survival even if it goes against your “beliefs.”

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hungry people won't care.
Freezing to death is a merciful end compared to some other ways to go.
Both programs will probably be in full effect this winter.
All the stops have been pulled out and these people have no scruples.
edit on 15-8-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I can't help but think the combined incoming winter crises will force change on the West that the establishment or either side can stop or even control.. it looks like the end of the road of the last decades can kicking

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: turretless

The individual can freeze to death, or not. Sometimes it’s about survival even if it goes against your “beliefs.”

I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to the fact that individualism in society can only be practiced where there are no big problems yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I get on moaned at all the time on here for stating the obvious fact that the UK is literally falling apart and in some way being unpatriotic for saying so.

Well................. Here we go again.............The UK is falling apart.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I've regularly visited the South West for many years and the wind is just heaven for me. We hardly get any up here.

It's all the Swede in the Cornish pasties, I've heard that can give you wind!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join