It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy George Effect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You didn't realise that Rob Halford was gay?!!!!!

Despite all the clues?

Love Priest.

Saw an LA hair metal band in Manchester back in the day called Black Lace.

Oh the disappointment on the faces of all those yuppies who were expecting "Agadoo"...

edit on 15-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."

Oscar Wilde

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, whatever's happening politically is a more recent phenomenon, mainly in the Anglophone global North.

Just so I was a bit worried about re-posting an old photo of me in a dress in the Member's Photos thread (part 3, page 79) has a different meaning these days, then it did when it was first taken.

I mean it was really just for a laugh at the time, and it was my granny's original German carnival dress from the 1960's she fixed up for me to wear at the 2000 New Year's party.

Besides there's nothing "feminine" about the photo, and I'm not even looking like a drag queen.
It was the original psychedelic patterns I liked.
But now part of me wonders whether I should just remove the photo completely in case I'm misinterpreted as taking some position in this culture war that wants to push puberty-blockers on kids.

But the other part of me is thinking screw it, I'm keeping it.
All this might blow over, and I still want my memories of my granny and the dress, and whatever I was going through at the time.
Besides, out of perhaps hundreds of photos that's the only one of me in a dress.
And isn't it saying you can have fun with garments and costumes without immediately implying something political, sexual or a change of gender identity?

Yeah it's slightly transgressive, but common, soldiers did drag in the World Wars, both gay and straight, never mind pantomime and the carnevalesque.

But I think most people actually get it, and the context, it just had me in a state of anxiety for a few days thinking, was this the right photo to re-post now?
Although ironically what I also liked about it was that after becoming very emaciated with HIV, it showed that I was just starting to recover and getting a bit of my natural male physique back.
And this time - less paunch and spaghetti arms, for the upper body it curves just where it should to show I'm building back better.
(At least in my interpretation of "better", I mean no judgement on other male bodies and preferences.)
edit on 15-8-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately I think that what we were OK with in the late 70's and early 80's regarding the androgony and personal lives of performers, the mass hysteria surrounding HIV/AIDS changed a lot in the way gay men in particular were viewed. The fear and shear level of ignorance surrounding that horrific disease made it very difficult to be able to come full circle.

Keep in mind that this is just one factor but growing up in that time period I remember just how big of a deal it was.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Although, all partly true, but the main thing is this neo-Marxist ideology that everything is a construction.
Thus freed of all other identities we are free to fight the class struggle.
This is the ideological root of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

But I cannot willingly buy into forcing myself to believe that a man who takes hormones and has his naughty bits adjusted is a woman. I fear the day is coming when I will be forced to bed a tranny out of fear of going to jail for a hate crime or something

It has been reliably reported that many teenage girls who identify as lesbian - desirous only of the female [body/personality combination] by nature (or bisexual girls) - are being pressured heavily to accept the prevailing social opinion being foisted on them by the social media avengers, that they must agree to have relationships with male trans teenagers & to tell others that they find male trans people attractive, even if they are actually repulsed by the thought. If they don't submit to these pressures, they are bullied & ostracised by the male trans activists & their acolytes on social medias, and by many of their peers in school/ college.

Strangely enough, this hasn't translated into male homosexual teens being told to have relationships with female trans teens, and there is no prevailing pressure from the female trans community for that to happen. I wonder why? Probably because of a combination of facts. For example, men are more able to exert their will in uncommon situations, even if they are gay & therefore supposedly more 'female' or submissive by nature. Thus gay men will tell female trans activists to # right off if they are being pressured to get busy with a female, even a trans female, and they'd probably laugh real hard about the situation too! Additionally, females who become trans simply don't give a crap about the male body in any way, shape or form - they are trying to attract girls with their newfound 'maleness'. Conversely many men who become trans retain some level of attraction for the female form, and indeed in some cases 'becoming trans' (saying that you identify as female - that's the only requirement for the job) is a downright excuse to trick their way into situations where they can enjoy perverted access to young girls, or to engage in domineering relationships with young lesbian or bisexual girls who are just finding their footing in life, who end up being pressured into accepting the male trans' exertion of controlling, abusive behaviours over them (they are sadly de facto weak-willed women at the time of their teenage coming out process, whom the trans male activists know can be pressured by conformist society/ by social media bullying into accepting the trans male & all his 'glory' (in the multiple senses of the word, both ancient & modern..)

Furthermore, we can amplify the example I used for the homosexual male when it comes to straight men potentially being pressured to sleep with/ date a trans male - straight men are even more likely to tell those trans male activists to # right off, and the trans male activists are well aware of this fact, hence they haven't even tried to exert any pressure through social media on that front. They know they'll be instantly barred from even having a conversation with a straight male if they try such malarkey, and they run the very strong risk of being punched too.

So out of all the available sexualities, young (teenage) lesbian or bisexual females are the ones at most risk of being pressured into a sexually inappropriate/ non-consenting relationship by the tactics of the bullying trans male activists. Furthermore, very young female children are at serious risk of paedophilic abuse perpetrated by male 'trans', and many of the activists can only be understood if we assume that they themselves embody a hidden paedophilia perversion, hence the reason why they do everything in their power to convince society that a man [leering at, sexually abusing, interacting inappropriately with, touching or exposing himself in front of] underage female children, in the female changing rooms at a public swimming pool, is in fact a perfectly normal occurrence, almost certainly not a crime & therefore of course it must be some sort of bigotry on the part of whoever attempts to report the behaviour as a crime - that person should obviously then be immediately banned from the venue & thereafter ostracised by liberal/left leaning family & friends when they dare to report their horrendous experience on social media, and ideally arrested by the police/ prosecuted by the judicial system for committing a hate crime (& don't ever doubt that this is EXACTLY what these trans male activists & their acolytes are aiming for in the longer term).

The world needs to get serious with these male trans activists in particular - they are the controlling force in this perverted 'social justice' ideology, they are the ones dragging female trans along with them on their hyper-ridiculous crusade to permit inappropriate behaviour with young lesbian teens & underage female children in public facilities or locations. That's the long & short of the situation, the males trans activists alone are the people who are causing the vast majority of the worst of the abuse against teenage lesbian & bisexual females & they are the ones increasing the risks of serious abuse happening against underage female children (before they even know what an orientation is/ before they even have an orientation - though of course those same male trans activists are working overtime to shoehorn inappropriate brainwashing of OUR CHILDREN into the public education systems in Western nations from an extremely young & thoroughly inappropriate age for that sort of thing).

That's FITO's take on the matter, and I suspect that on reflection, every single member on ATS (with the exception of a handful of core committed lunatics) agrees with FITO on this occasion, on these very specific points regarding the various orientations 'available' & what the most dangerous activists (male trans) are aiming for amongst people of those orientations, and amongst our underage children - by the surgical, persistent application of their grand occult sexual anarchism strategy in society at large, using their range of deceptive, disingenuous & downright perverted tactics amidst the round robin echo chambers of ultra-liberal social media..

Cheers.

edit on AugustMonday2218CDT08America/Chicago-050034 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

Queen?

Judas Priest?

Exactly, us metalhead kids in the 80s knew Rob Halford was gay..c'mon man!..it was obvious. But we never cared, loved the music'

Queen too.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: JinMI

Queen?

Judas Priest?

Exactly, us metalhead kids in the 80s knew Rob Halford was gay..c'mon man!..it was obvious. But we never cared, loved the music'

Queen too.

Counter culture or culture that is not mainstream is fairly standard and takes a small amount of courage to live that life you love.

Until recently, its never been a forced concept.

I mean what if we had a metal head coalition. And we demanded that the entire world yield to our metalhead music and ways.

Sounds silly

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Boy George - joined a different religion to yours.
Oh the sin!

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
just a small piece of the cultural and spiritual subversion of society by an elite "God" Given privilege of a group of engineers.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That's a lot to take in. Let me sleep on it. I'll give you an answer in the morning. Yes, I quoted Meatloaf.
edit on 16 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

If we are into pointing fingers we could also point to Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter. Slinking across the screen in his underwear and brazier, licking his painted lips and looking oh so sexy, spouting bisexuality. Hell the whole movie hit that hard. People dressing up weird and extolling outlandishness. That was one hell of a flick that told a whole generation it was okey dokey to step outside of the ancient boxes of established sexual roles. That was one hell of a rebellion movie that was.

But thats gender appropriation and oppression! Tim Curry isn't Trans, why wasn't a trans person given that role? Typical Hollywood excluding the poor minorities

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What about Flock of Seagulls or Depeche Mode Duran Duran.........nobody cared back then great music. My wife and I are tired of watching all these damn commercials on TV and in TV shows now they just push it on you.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mind you, take football as an example back in the day.

Racism was rife, with monkey chants and bananas thrown at black players.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We just watched this interview.

He's delightful.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko
The self-esteem movement would be my guess. It was all about everyone feeling good about themselves. Then we found out some people are miserable SOBs who just won't do that, but the crusaders tried by trying to make us all care so very much about. If those poor people don't feel good, it must be our fault, and miserable people embraced that. No one likes to think they're miserable because they're making themselves miserable.

CAn we go back to the 80's?

No cell phones, no computers, just people?

Ya I really miss making prank phone calls with my ALF doll, "How about a hug for the old Alfer?" "Here kitty kitty kitty"
And I miss laughing ma ass off with my friends when we ordered taxis to the neighbours house at 1am

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

I just had a nostalgia overdose.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well........

edit on 28-8-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
OK, OK ... but even as far the 1980's go, I'm not even sure why Boy George always gets the hammer.

Meanwhile "hard-rock" outfits were sometimes virtually full-on drag.

I think it's because Boy George was actually also respectable.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
I mean this was the era where Twisted Sister's Dee Snider was voted the "ugliest woman in America".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join