It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy George Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A long time ago, back in the before times, in the long ago. . . . . .

We had Boy George. A cross-dressing feminine gent. We all danced to his music back then. We never had a thought about him really. Just enjoyed his music. If he wanted to dress like that, if he was gay. . . *shrugs* who cared.

That was in the 1980's. By then we also knew David Bowie and Elton John were not members of the John Birch Society.

We didn't care.

Really. No one cared. Live how you want to live, do your own thing, we didn't care.

I was too busy trying to push up sleeves like Crockett and Tubbs to worry about what anyone else was doing, or sleeping with.

What changed?

What the ever-loving hell changed?

Live and let live. . . . that was a thing.

What changed and why do we or should we care now?

I humbly offer this thread for discussion.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Queen?

Judas Priest?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Queen?

Judas Priest?

Exactly.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The world went #ing mental mate.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
gay people are cool
trannies are bat-s#!t crazy

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The self-esteem movement would be my guess. It was all about everyone feeling good about themselves. Then we found out some people are miserable SOBs who just won't do that, but the crusaders tried by trying to make us all care so very much about. If those poor people don't feel good, it must be our fault, and miserable people embraced that. No one likes to think they're miserable because they're making themselves miserable.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Non-hetero people are being imposed on us as something special to be treated as such, and we are being obligated to engage them in discussions about their sexuality. I mean, I am fairly indifferent to what folks are doing in the privacy of their own bedroom. But I cannot willingly buy into forcing myself to believe that a man who takes hormones and has his naughty bits adjusted is a woman. I fear the day is coming when I will be forced to bed a tranny out of fear of going to jail for a hate crime or something, when in reality my opinion is like the old saying goes: "I wouldn't # that with your #."
edit on 13 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When do we hit the bottom?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The world went #ing mental mate.

When?

Everyone was cool with everyone back then.

We had no racist bullcrap, no homo bullcrap, no trans bullcrap.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

3rd wave feminism.

link   

I could genuinely never stand Boy George and my aversion was shown to be right as he later kept some guy captive and raped him repeatedly though he was later prosecuted for that, weirdo and the son of a policeman (wonder if it was a BENT policeman).

I used to feel nauseous at chameleon or whatever it was called.

So not all of us, culture club were never my cup of tea.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The self-esteem movement would be my guess. It was all about everyone feeling good about themselves. Then we found out some people are miserable SOBs who just won't do that, but the crusaders tried by trying to make us all care so very much about. If those poor people don't feel good, it must be our fault, and miserable people embraced that. No one likes to think they're miserable because they're making themselves miserable.

CAn we go back to the 80's?

No cell phones, no computers, just people?

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
When do we hit the bottom?

Nothing wrong we a little light spanking between consenting adults, but we aren't talking about that....

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's what the + stands for don't be a bigot.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
the casual racism in the 80s was pretty epic tbh lol....

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You get me wrong, Honesty is not bigotry, I have nothing against Gay people so long as it is not pushed in my face and believe in live and let live, the modern wokism however I hate, Boy George I just never liked and it was not because he was Gay so much as the fact he was a Panzy -- 6'4" guy well built dressed like an oversized teenage punk girl just kind of made me feel sick, you may regard that as bigoted but I am being honest, one man's freedom of expression is another mans oppression and as rights have moved too far to these minority's it has gone too far and now kid's are not safe with children under ten being sent to gender re-assignment clinic's and worse, children in Nursery being indoctrinated into cross dressing and deciding if they want to be a boy or a girl even before they are even aware of what the differences are, it has call gone way too far and for me that is the greater bigotry as Children are endangered, Parent's rights taken away and it all began harmlessly enough but grew into the problems we are facing today.

Rainbows belong in the sky and on children's pictures not on pride parade floats and flag's.

edit on 13-8-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

BAd people do bad things, but it was never a OMG gay thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I always thought he was super gay, no homo.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
the casual racism in the 80s was pretty epic tbh lol....

What racism?

And where and why?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Casual racism

CIRCA 1980s

I didn't hear it as much in the 90/00s but around the time Mo Bama was prez it started to peak up again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join