It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy George Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko
The self-esteem movement would be my guess. It was all about everyone feeling good about themselves. Then we found out some people are miserable SOBs who just won't do that, but the crusaders tried by trying to make us all care so very much about. If those poor people don't feel good, it must be our fault, and miserable people embraced that. No one likes to think they're miserable because they're making themselves miserable.

CAn we go back to the 80's?

No cell phones, no computers, just people?

All jokes aside, can you imagine taking cell phones from teens and young adults ? The suicide rate would skyrocket. Some people are so addicted to their instant fix, they literally can't live without it.

You aren't wrong, hell we had a mini crisis here when ATS shut down for a few days. Not gonna lie I sleep better when I turn all the crap off, I stick my phone on the shelves across the room so I won't look at it. Now I finally started sleeping mostly through the whole night, whereas with a phone within reach Id always check the time

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The world started to go bat # crazy when social media was invented.
But what really made things fall off the deep end was the invention of smart phones.
It went from people having to sit at their computer to taking their computer with them…
Now every free moment is spent twit’ing or insta’chating.or face’graming….

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And this. Notice goal 26
The naked communist. 45 goals used to destroy the US

It's right there in the open, the agenda. It's not our imagination ,the world has been regressing and done so on purpose , with one purpose . Destroy the US in order to bring in 'the great reset'

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Then we woke up DB and there was Marilyn calling your name ,Pete burns blowing you kisses and Steve strange . I blame all the shoulder pads and big hair

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I liked Obama at first, I thought he'd be a good president like everyone else. I can easily prove linkage to some of the most hated men alive today. I definitely didn't vote for him a second time after the land sales to china. I didn't like that he relied on so heavy on Hillary, I didn't like Benghazi, were they are recorded shouting to kill our own men. I didn't like the drone attacks on children schools in other countries. Obama killed more children with drones then ALL other presidents combind. He even drone striked a wedding, calling it a 'terrorist plot'.

So everyone actually liked obama at the start, his actions is what got him his hatred. I wouldn't trust him to look after a pet rock at this point. After all the bill's i've spent hours reading on the government website back then.

His abuse of drones, his abuse of selling American land is what to me, his killing of innocent children. This is what made me hate the man, I hate his actions. I don't know him as a person Idgaf about his skin tone, His actions define him as a person which in my eyes is how I see it. Which to me is the TRUE way to value and judge someone.. It is their ACTION'S NOT THEIR SKIN TONE. Then he's a damn crappy person no matter how you roll the dice, who deserves the hatred he gets.

edit on 13-8-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think it all when to sh!t when victimhood became currency. Maybe around the Rodney King riots? Maybe an older member can remember better?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well, to sit there and say we haven't had racism is wrong.

There has been a lot of racism built into the community since the 70's. Most of this is actually built by the standards of living differences. Granted, it's not ALL their fault, or our fault as the general public. Most if not all it is the government's fault.

I don't blame them, their standards of living had them in poorer societies thank's to a lot of government and school segregations of the past. Then refinancing to move was impossible and they often couldn't get mortgages for housing in better areas. Credit scores were never really kind to them either, and a lot of africans didn't get the same education as white people until multi-cultured schools opened.

So a lot of the parent's who didn't have that luxury to be in a multi-school, still had a lot of the old views in mind, and just like every parent in the world. They would instill these lessons into their kids, who then would once again do the same. Despite changes in society and stature, as well as offering equality which has changed drastically over the past 40-50 years. Was often passed down and everyone else remained to blame despite the changes in time.

Then there is the double mindset. Rich Dad Poor Dad style, where you see those that take advantage of what is there. Then those that struggle and get locked in on government welfare by staying stationary. Those that learned early on that government welfare was ment to hold people down actually broke that chain and have been doing really well for themselves.

But sadly, a huge chunk of the population in African societies refuse to break the chain of welfare. Because they believe that 'free money' is better then actually having to put the work in, or another popular view is seeing it as some form of 'safety net'. The main problem with this belief, is that it isn't really 'free money'. You are paying for it with your freedom and lifestyle that is available to you, it is what suppresses you, and this message isn't being delivered or recognized. This beast has no preference to skin color either. Everyone on welfare is suppressed the same, and held back for as long as they are on it.

This isn't just African this is all races with this mentality. But there is a huge difference that is often ignored by africians. Despite being a smaller % of the population, they have guarantee's in jobs. As long as they do the work and aren't high/drunk/intoxicated one way or another, They have a stronger job security then the average white man. This was put in place in the 80's to encourage jobs searching/hunting among African Americans. Especially after the housing crisis that occurred among the African Community.

Many people still look past this, and then blame the 'white man' for holding em back. The reason why you are held back is because you rather have a welfare check then a job. Everyone on welfare get's held back, not just africians. This is another thing that society has overlooked. As we all have "white privs", when a white man goes to work he does NOT have the same job security as an african does. Because law's dictate that at least 20% of your workforce must be of a minority.

So, racism isn't so much the issue. It's the laziness that went along with the welfare that was 'handed out' and targeted like the abortion centers to Africans instead of encouraging education. But the only way to break that cycle is to encourage more African's to give up the Harlem lifestyle and actually do something about their lives. To actually give up the government check for a miserable life like the rest of us.

However, I do need to point out that most racism that existed in american history was literally because of politicians. They are the one's that set the rules, not the general people. They are the lineage's that owned slaves, not the common person you encounter on a daily basis.

Anyway, hope that helps explain some thing's.
edit on 13-8-2022 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I totally forgot he did the whole inception black face before it was cool(gay?)

Maybe I'd like him better if he had big goth boobs.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The Trump Effect happened, which gave voice to the kookiest conspiracy theorists and exposed their views and opinions as if that were 'normal'.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Nobody really cared what adults did.

It has become a problem because our LGBT activist and Government want to mandate it in elementary schools and recruit our children into taking hormones and having "lop something off" permanent surgery so that the Pharmaceutical companies and scrupulous surgeons can make $$$$$ and the LGBT movement can grow captive peer pressured / activist pressured followers in our school systems.

That is a problem!

twitter.com...
edit on 13-8-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think I get the point your trying to make.

Personally though, I think both sides need to just chill out and take a deep breath… then just live and let live.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Now everyone has an online identity and their social media MUST be filled with all their various crusades for justice. It's all a cry for attention.

Look at me, with my several genders, unique pronouns, crazy hair and colourful clothing, accept me, accept me and whatever you do, don't trigger me.

edit on 13/8/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

If we are into pointing fingers we could also point to Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter. Slinking across the screen in his underwear and brazier, licking his painted lips and looking oh so sexy, spouting bisexuality. Hell the whole movie hit that hard. People dressing up weird and extolling outlandishness. That was one hell of a flick that told a whole generation it was okey dokey to step outside of the ancient boxes of established sexual roles. That was one hell of a rebellion movie that was.

Tim Curry was playing an alien who was a Transvestite from the planet of Transsexual Transylvania.
Do you have issue separating real world from movies?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Boy George was cool but Timmy in class was weird, was bullied, was called a f##

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Well certainly Mr. Random, and that is evident to discerning minds such as yours. However the issue is not about discerning minds like your, and possibly mine, but more about UN-discerning minds incapable separating the two.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   

What changed?

More people started to gain more wealth, and this wasn't enough.
Their tastes changed.
They began to hate more, to despise more.
They began to see how sub cultures spring up an flourish, without a care for their highly-cultured ideals.
The divide grew wider.
And now, they resent that you don't play along and live in their made-up world, and instead, we live in our own made-up world.

I think what they hate is more than the Boy George Effect.
What they really hate is the Charles Manson Effect. Manson said he'll always be free because they can't lock up his mind.
And this is what they hate. They hate that you don't want to play along and be a good little prisoner.

And now it has come down to them having enough. They have enough wealth, and they believe they now have the tech to make it happen.

Goodbye Deplorables, and good riddance! They say and hope.

But there are too many pitchforks, and not enough balls.

We'll see

edit on 14-8-2022 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Queen?

Judas Priest?

i knew it when freddy got his hair cut and judas priest's rob halford when i heard them do diamonds and rust.

yep boy george was something else.

george micheals too.

the music was good and with a not in your face activism. i kinda even liked the gal duo,what's their name.

indigo girls, lol.

dusty Springfield is gay. melissa manchester, oo.

i always thought the 4 non blondes were gay.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

If we are into pointing fingers we could also point to Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter. Slinking across the screen in his underwear and brazier, licking his painted lips and looking oh so sexy, spouting bisexuality. Hell the whole movie hit that hard. People dressing up weird and extolling outlandishness. That was one hell of a flick that told a whole generation it was okey dokey to step outside of the ancient boxes of established sexual roles. That was one hell of a rebellion movie that was.

rocky horror picture show.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I had no idea that people were actually gay until I was well into my teens if men dressed up as women we all thought it was for a good laugh. Not an actual sexual preference thing. Then we called them 'Bandidos" What changed is just a live and let live attitude. But sexual acceptance historically seems to change like fashions. This year gay might be fashionable . But next year it all might go underground again. Especially if freedoms are under attack.
But what has changed, I think people have got more serious and intense, nobody tells jokes anymore. That's for a reason.

edit on 14-8-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

if you want a timeframe for the tipping point in the the slide to the fringe extremes the key one came after the establishment got a good kicking in 2015, they've been running on fear ever since.

In effect this is a counter reformation only its does not have the substance to survive as it just creates zombie governments, zombie institutions, companies and corporates that the next crash will wipe out first..

and it'll all be self inflicted. it's like they pick all the worse paths to take...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join