It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calvine UFO Image is finally out

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The original photo in nick poop's office was an 8 by 10 copy, was told that a while ago by someone that saw it in nicks office, the photos were printed out at 8 by 10 at the Scottish newspaper office who allegedly still have copies of negatives.
Hopefully we will see the other photos soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGeneral33

That inwardly canted stabilisers description has been doing the rounds since shortly after the event.

originally posted by: wobbs62
The original photo in nick poop's office

Freudian slip or intentional mistake - either way

edit on 2-9-2022 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
a reply to: TheGeneral33

That inwardly canted stabilisers description has been doing the rounds since shortly after the event.

Yes correct, it's all in the public domain

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Now the initial excitement has died down, Just a few observations that summarise my thoughts so far.

1) I think it slightly odd how Craig Lindsay just sat on the photograph for 32 years. I can understand that he probably didn't follow ufology closely. But there was a lot of mainstream media excitement a decade ago when the MoD UFO files were released. There have also been a number of newspaper columns about the incident. It's possible he was just cautious in case he had breached the OSA in some way. But he doesn't seem to have had any real interest until Clarke contacted him.

2) Nick Pope never stopped talking about it and the photo on his wall. He would have known that the copyright lay with the photographer and the files were not secret (name redactions only). Yet, Nick never pursued any interest in getting to the bottom of things. Instead, preferring to preserve 'his' own talking point in eternal speculation about the alien spacecraft poster on his wall (cementing his own Fox Mulder persona). I think it confirms nothing more than a UFOtainment entrepreneur. There are too many of these people in the field.

3) The initial investigation in Sept 1990 was unclear as to what the object represented. Maybe a UFO photo wasn't particularly priority with Iraqi tanks rolling into Kuwait. But someone wanted those investigations 're-tasked' in 1991. Why? We are still missing documentation as to what that re-task produced for DI55.

4) I am still open to what the picture might depict. Some of the hoax theories have to be considered along with it being a top secret aircraft or even a true unknown!! Maybe those negatives will suddenly turn up in a drawer somewhere hey?

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Zooooomies to ponder….

If a Secret Project….why not fly at night? Why not over a military test range? Why not off shore at a far distance?

Anybody’s guess I suppose.

👽

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Now the initial excitement has died down, Just a few observations that summarise my thoughts so far.

1) I think it slightly odd how Craig Lindsay just sat on the photograph for 32 years.
Maybe it seems that way because you or I wouldn't have done that, but some people might really wait for someone to ask them about it if that's just the way they are.

4) I am still open to what the picture might depict. Some of the hoax theories have to be considered along with it being a top secret aircraft or even a true unknown!! Maybe those negatives will suddenly turn up in a drawer somewhere hey?
As you suggest, it would get more interesting if the negatives turn up, possibly allowing for a more in-depth analysis with better clarity, maybe even helping to answer the secret project or hoax question.

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Zooooomies to ponder….
Lots of compression artifacts in those.

If a Secret Project….why not fly at night? Why not over a military test range? Why not off shore at a far distance?
Who is to say they didn't already do some or all of that already too?

One idea in this thread was it was supposed to be "invisible" or low visibility cloaked, but the cloak temporarily malfunctioned...an interesting idea, but I have no idea if there's any feasibility to that back then, though today I'll bet there is some nice tech...an example of that was posted in this thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why would it have tail fins ?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I think the tail fin is assumed rather than known.
But just in case, take a look at the similarly compact tail fins on the 'stealth blimp' here

edit on 4-9-2022 by DiZZyViZiON because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

originally posted by: DiZZyViZiON
I think the tail fin is assumed rather than known.
But just in case, take a look at the similarly compact tail fins on the 'stealth blimp' here
Yes the fins are Nick Pope's artist's interpretation, and we don't know if the negatives show that level of detail to support the fins, but it's not an unreasonable guess.

As I said earlier, blimps have size limits engineering-wise, so if it was really about 600 feet long, it was more likely a rigid hull airship than a plimp, but in either the case of blimps or rigid hull airships, tail fins are needed to steer them, though configurations of the fins can vary. The fins are usually much larger on non-stealth craft, but they would have been minimized on a stealth design such as the Calvine object, to avoid radar reflections from large fins. The relatively small fins meant it could have been difficult to steer, or had a large turning radius.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In the mid-70’s DARPA started the XST Program for Aerospace competition to come up with a craft with Stealth like qualities. Many conceptual designs, even mock-up prototypes were offered.

The Lockheed Corp…. Proposed, what has been called The Hopeless Diamond….although never developed as a flying craft (that we know of), the design eventually morphed to the F-117 we all know today.

The Hopeless Diamond…..

….” Lockheed’s ”Hopeless Diamond” was tweaked a bit to better resemble a plausible aircraft. The whole design was still made up of a series of flat panels, or diamond-like facets, but its rear trailing edge would be notched in instead of shaped like one half of a diamond. It would also feature more highly swept wings, its inlets would be mounted behind both sides of the cockpit and the aircraft’s exhaust would exit through slits in the upper rear trailing edge of the fuselage to mask its infrared signature.”…… ref source XST Program

It’s conceivable to me that the idea of the diamond faceted Lockheed design….took another avenue and further developed into a Stealth airship of sorts, as seen on a possible test flight during the 1990 Calvine sighting.

Proof of Concept testing in diamond faceting stealth technology.

👽

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
One of the possible hoax suggestions is that it was a star shaped decoration suspended in the air. With the tail fin being an eyelet.

You would need to apply some trick photography or be rather innovative in some other way. Not something I would think was an obvious choice for someone planning a hoax. Not in August anyway. But you never know where the inspiration might have come from if this was a couple of pranksters.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This has to be the most exciting announcement in the field of Ufology since Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program.

Wasn't the ufo from the Cash–Landrum case also a diamond shaped object?

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buoyantplasma

Cash-Landrum artist rendition….

Hypothetical comparison….

👽

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Dude. the "higher quality picture" you're showing is an artists rendition of the original because no one ever thought we'd actually get to see the original.
It looks like a toy because it's CGI.
The most recent one with the barb wire fence is the original.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dodonpachi85
a reply to: Blaine91555
Dude. the "higher quality picture" you're showing is an artists rendition of the original because no one ever thought we'd actually get to see the original.
It looks like a toy because it's CGI.
The most recent one with the barb wire fence is the original.

"Dude", that was established on page one and I acknowledged it twice, once on page one and once on page two.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A wee update on this case. Emphasis in bold is mine.

Matthew Illsley, a member of Dr Clarke’s research project, believes one of the hotel workers who saw the UFO that night over 30 years ago comes from the Falkirk area.

He said: “On the back of the original photo we acquired last year is the name of the photographer, but we have not released this information into the public domain. During our research, though, we have confirmed the man in question did live in Pitlochry in 1990/1991 while working as a kitchen porter at a hotel...

“We subsequently discovered the photographer was in his early 20s in 1990, and that only two boys of the right name and age were born in the Falkirk area, one in 1965 and the other in 1968.

"Elsewhere, two other witnesses have also come forward and alleged officials from the Ministry of Defence visited the hotel in 1990. Meanwhile, we have learned a man of the right name and age currently works for the Ministry of Defence as a photo analyst at the same base to which the photos were sent for analysis in 1990.

"This man, when contacted, told us that he had ‘no recollection’ of being in Scotland in the period in question.”

Matthew, Dr Clarke and the team have now reached a dead end in their search for the elusive photographer, so they contacted The Falkirk Herald to see if a news article in the area would help jog anyone’s memory.

Matthew said: “Despite all our efforts, we have been unable to definitively trace the photographer, although according to all the evidence we have amassed, he is still alive and in his 50s."...

Full Story - Falkirk Herald

How ironic if the photographer is now working at the MoD.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

More than ironic if it is the same person and "no recollection" is a politician's affirmative denial.

I mean what are the chances, there is definitely more to it.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

I think someone is a few steps ahead in this game. Why emphasize this point at all unless you have more information?

I even think the name of this person is actually out there. Despite the claims that the Dave Clarke Five have "not released this information into the public domain."

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The Hunt for the Calvine Photographer has now reached fever pitch.

Ironically, he has been named in the Daily Record newspaper with an accompanying photo from 1990. The same paper that decided not to print the story initially in 1990....

The Daily Record has now been told that the person who took the photo was a young ­Glaswegian called Kevin Russell, who was working as a porter at the Pitlochry Hydro Hotel at the time. Kevin and a friend were left ­terrified by the 100ft long aircraft, which they said hovered above the A9 near Calvine for 10 minutes then soared off at high speed when buzzed by RAF jets. Investigator Matthew Illsley told the Record: “The identity of Kevin Russell, the photographer, remained a secret for 33 years, until now. We would very much like him to come forward to confirm once and for all that what he saw was real...

Full Story : Daily Record

The photographer's surname had been accidentally 'leaked' previously for those who were paying close attention.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well, there just happens to be a Kevin Russell who is a Photographer/Imagery Analyst at the UK Ministry of Defence according to linkedin.

I'll do some more digging to see if dates etc match up but as you say I think someone else has already been there.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join