It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did we go from that to this in 70 years?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You Guys"

Who would that be exactly?

You .

You cant support the people who support this then say you dont support it.

If you support the idiots that support things like abortion the day b4 the due date and mandates then you support it.

So you support grooming 3rd graders

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
a reply to: incoserv

I 100% agree. If you look how people dressed , a mere 60-70 years ago , they put in effort before they went out.
They looked very neat and very appropriately dressed , no 'low-cut' , no saggy/baggy anything, nothing revealing or see through, just class . Also, the way they carried themselves .
I love the style from , off course the late 1800s , and the 50s

I have been saying , we have regressed as a society, on purpose since the 1920s at least.

As a child of the 50s -- with still forced gender roles -- and hiding any undesirable family member in the house -- "What would the neighbor's think" -- the repression was stifling.

I lived first-hand the evolution of social/society freedoms. The pendulum swings -- then usually finds a comfortable place somewhere in the middle.

Am I forced to listen to Cardi-B? NO -- I'm not. It is a choice -- that I don't choose.

edit on 30-7-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Arizona2

There's a song from the 1930s called "Shave 'Em Dry".

I'm not even gonna put a link to it.

There is a HUUUGGGE difference between something existing, and something being a part of and acceptable to a majority of society.
If you can't tell the difference, then maybe you should refrain from commenting on these issues?

You're saying what exactly is being part of, and acceptable to a MAJORITY of society?

since it appears you are too dense to figure it out on your own, allow me to assist you with a step by step presentation...

1. OP points out in his post how society has degraded to mainstreaming smut and filth on TV for all to see

2. you post some irrelevant and obscure song from a nobody from almost 100 years ago and attempt to make it the equivalent of smut and filth being peddled to the masses present day, even though a very large majority of folks back then probably never even had heard of the artist, let alone the song that you posted. I won't even mention the fact that even for those people that did know the song, they had the sense and decency to keep it away from children, unlike today

3. You then act innocent and surprised when somebody calls you on your pathetic attempt at a false equivalency

You have been on this site for how long? When will you begin posting honest and factual material?

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

You Guys"

You .

If you support the idiots that support things like abortion the day b4 the due date and mandates then you support it.

Of course -- gotta turn this into an abortion rant.

No thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Did "Shave 'em Dry" go triple Platinum? Did it win numerous industry awards including BET's Song of the Year? Does anybody but you know this obscure oddity from 90 years ago exists?

Weak,weak,weak.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There is a HUUUGGGE difference between something existing, and something being a part of and acceptable to a majority of society.
If you can't tell the difference, then maybe you should refrain from commenting on these issues?

You're saying what exactly is being part of, and acceptable to a MAJORITY of society?

since it appears you are too dense to figure it out on your own, allow me to assist you with a step by step presentation...

1. OP points out in his post how society has degraded to mainstreaming smut and filth on TV for all to see

Must be time for the morality police.

Welcome to Taliban America.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Did "Shave 'em Dry" go triple Platinum? Did it win numerous industry awards including BET's Song of the Year? Does anybody but you know this obscure oddity from 90 years ago exists?

Weak,weak,weak.

Do you have the choice as to what you listen to or not?

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yawn....another false equivalency

The Taliban forbids any activity it doesn't approve f, no exceptions.

Christians realize that they have to live with and tolerate all types of people and activity that they don't agree with, they merely ask for discretion and restraint from the other parties.

You people can't even respect that, and then wonder why you aren't respected in return.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Christians realize that they have to live with and tolerate all types of people and activity that they don't agree with, they merely ask for discretion and restraint from the other parties.

You people can't even respect that, and then wonder why you aren't respected in return.

The Taliban has a dress code they "physically" enforce.

Oh, so Christians are choosing my morality for me.

Sure. Different

(post by Arizona2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Weak,weak,weak.

Do you have the choice as to what you listen to or not?

And there it is. You unintentionally stumbled into the whole point the OP is making. THIS society chooses to listen to this garbage and celebrate it. Seventy years ago it was a tiny, TINY segment of entertainment - practically invisible.

Now it's not only visible, they're shoving their crude, smelly, and diseased WAPs right in our face.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What we're asking for is the recognition that not all of us are sexually liberated to the point where we want our full families seeing this stuff on prime time.

Prime time implies a shared space, not yours and not mine. It should reflect and level of social liberation we can all be comfortable with rather than one that reflects solely your personal sexual mores or mine.

I realize that not watching practically naked women twerking might be tame for you and less exciting, but it is pushing boundaries. There can be channels for it where you can go to see it. We all get several hundred of them and I'm sure Sex Stuff Net can be a thing if you want it to.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The Taliban has a dress code they "physically" enforce.

Oh, so Christians are choosing my morality for me.

Sure. Different

Nobody is choosing anything for you
Try again
Liar

"Christians realize that they have to live with and tolerate all types of people and activity that they don't agree with, they merely ask for discretion and restraint from the other parties.

You people can't even respect that, and then wonder why you aren't respected in return."

Judgement from the Christians.

How thoughtful.

Once again with the dishonesty
Are you capable of being honest?
Do you wanna watch gay buttsex orgies while drinking jello shots off of a lezbeans ass?
Go ahead, just do so in a forum that accepts that
Don't put it on Youtube so every kid can see it
Or even worse, on music awards shows where we know millions of children will see it.
Yet you people can't even do that, and then cry when we want to take action to correct it
You people are insane

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What we're asking for is the recognition that not all of us are sexually liberated to the point where we want our full families seeing this stuff on prime time.

Prime time implies a shared space, not yours and not mine. It should reflect and level of social liberation we can all be comfortable with rather than one that reflects solely your personal sexual mores or mine.

I realize that not watching practically naked women twerking might be tame for you and less exciting, but it is pushing boundaries. There can be channels for it where you can go to see it. We all get several hundred of them and I'm sure Sex Stuff Net can be a thing if you want it to.

Honestly, I am quite conservative in everyday life. But I don't live in denial either that the "culture" I choose is not everyone's choice.

I choose the area I live in. I choose where I go shopping (most malls have a dress code), etc.

But I also have a 14-year-old boy. We have open communication. He talks with me about "playground convos".

Ignorance on my part helps him in no way. Judgement on my part helps him in no way.

Life is choices. Each person is responsible for their own choices.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As the culture circles the bottom of the toilet bowl, there are apologists who will decry any comments or observations that are contrary to the narrative that tries to glamorize the state of decay that we are in.

One day, the toilet bowl will be flushed and it will, unsurprizingly, be those who are now defending and glamorizing the descent who will whine the most.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

You Guys"

You .

let's look at your general argument and set the details aside. The idea that we can't select the ideas from various sources to believe in isn't correct. This is the argument of extremists.

Being able to support some ideas from a person/group/ideology allows one to put together greater ideas than prior generations. Putting together the best ideas from various groups allows us to evolve even better ideas. This cycle allows for societal evolution over time.

Yes, sometimes, society can devolve, for which their on many reasons for. Modern tech and the creation of echo chambers play a large part in that.

For example, I support the founders of the United States but don't support slavery or limiting women from participating in the world/government.

The example of it's all or nothing only causes more divide.

Moving on to the details of your argument.

Not everyone who is left leaning supports the ideas you propose. In fact, it's only a small, vocal subgroup. Equating everyone on the left with those ideas only serves to alienate them, and yourself, from your position. When the extremists on the other side do the same, the cycle reiterates.

There is a middle ground that should be respected, as that middle ground is usually quite reasonable.

I invite you to listen to others, wholly, before attacking. You may find they are not as extreme as you initially made them out to be.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
As the culture circles the bottom of the toilet bowl, there are apologists who will decry any comments or observations that are contrary to the narrative that tries to glamorize the state of decay that we are in.

One day, the toilet bowl will be flushed and it will, unsurprizingly, be those who are now defending and glamorizing the descent who will whine the most.

Also, today's culture.

Women Continue to Outnumber Men in College Completion

The number of women pursuing higher education has increased steadily over the last 40 years, outpacing men in both college enrollment and graduation.

www.bestcolleges.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Also, today's culture.

Women Continue to Outnumber Men in College Completion

The number of women pursuing higher education has increased steadily over the last 40 years, outpacing men in both college enrollment and graduation.

www.bestcolleges.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

i know lots of people don't want to believe it, but lots of people back then were perverts, murders, criminals, drug users, alcoholics, sluts, whore mongers and all manner of degenerates.

difference is there weren't as many people alive back then. it's more pervasive now because more people alive and being able to gain positions of influence and leaders of communities pander to them if they aren't one of the degenerates

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join