It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants Midwest Water

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Yes we get that. Guess who else grows year round, Florida, Georgia, Mexico, Chile etc.

I noticed that none of those places were called 'the Midwest'. Did you?

Hopefully people like the fruit and vegetables you grow their in the winter when they all decide to do the local thing only.

I mentioned those places specifically because you seem to imply California is the only place food can grow. Yes I know fruit does not grow in winter in most of the Midwest. So, people have survived her long before they got food from
California. Also for those that still do want winter fruit, there are other places like I mentioned.

Again, we can live without tropical fruit here, can Cali live without water. NO.

PS. We do have fruit crops like apples that are good all winter.
edit on 22-7-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Again, we can live without tropical fruit here, can Cali live without water. NO.

Capitalism will eventually triumph.

oregoncatalyst.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
California was given priority to water usage from the 1922 Colorado River Compact. It took 100 years to get to this point, and the problem won't be solved by mismanaging water resources from other states.

Here's a brief history for starters:
[www.usbr.gov...]

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

oregoncatalyst.com...

This makes more sense geographically but I wonder how the people of Oregon feel about it.
They say no detrimental effects, but when it does happen it will be too late.
Also this says Oregon is in drought and everything is stressed so how they going to give California water?
If my state had areas of “exceptional drought” would it be prudent to send water elsewhere?

www.weather.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No one said you can't survive without it, I said you won't want to survive without it. No one wants to go from driving a BMW to a Yugo. That's a fact.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

oregoncatalyst.com...

This makes more sense geographically but I wonder how the people of Oregon feel about it.
They say no detrimental effects, but when they do happen it will be too late.
Also this says Oregon is in drought and everything is stressed so how they going to give California water?

www.weather.gov...

I've got to go to work and leave you to wallow in your hatred and Negativity. Take your vitamins....

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Take your vitamins....

If a cancer-curing drug was invented in California most people on this site would rather get butt cancer than take it.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Take your vitamins....

If a cancer-curing drug was invented in California most people on this site would rather get butt cancer than take it.

You are as contemptuous of the Midwest as we are of the West coast, so we're even.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
You are as contemptuous of the Midwest as we are of the West coast, so we're even.

I'm contemptuous of dumb people, there are plenty of places in the Midwest I like.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Doesn't most of that water trickle down from ice up north in Canada anyway?

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't guve a fig about California, no one likes California, it is a cancer on the United States, please cut it off and put it out of it's misery. That state needs to deal with the problems it created, I would not help them out.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I sometimes think that this country should be called the Unrelatable States of America (USA).

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've got to go to work and leave you to wallow in your hatred and Negativity. Take your vitamins....

Wanting to keep our natural resources where they are is considered hatred and negativity?

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wanting to keep our natural resources where they are is considered hatred and negativity?

Only by those who want those resources for themselves.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If California dried up and blew away, we would have several people start up You Pick It strawberry patches. And all kinds of patches and gardens. Some would get together and add a marketplace type store in a pole barn. Different tables set up and a small cut of the profits for electric and improvements.

Now. It is illegal to sell canned vegetables in Ohio. It is not illegal to setup canning classes to teach people how to can.

Some crops are limited by time and temperature zones. Hot houses, while not the best, are a solution for more exotic food crops. Slick advertising advanced some crops, but realistic pricing ends that quickly. Besides most people eat canned guacamole from either a can or jar versus fresh anyway. If they want something that tastes like cooked squash…eat cooked squash add spices and hot sauce if you want.

But there is a reason that many meals were regional and not national dishes.

California has the technology and always brags about the money. The solution is there. Desalination or depopulate. There is no reason for a single state to have more EC votes that is all of Canada was added as a single state. To keep the population above what they can sustain on their own with both water and power.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

California is working on the deportation. I see more and more Cali tags out here all the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Heck NO, Double Heck NO!!

Here’s what they want to do

We could fill Lake Powell in less than a year with an aqueduct from Mississippi River

Here’s the reaction when the Midwest tells them to POUND SAND!
Here

If Midwest doesn't want to share water, fine. But don't ask us for help with your problems

Guys, it’s about to get nuts. When they want to take their straw and drink our milkshake!
We know what happened in California. They sold their soul to Nestle. They told their people straws were polluting while the rich, famous and politicians ride their jets like taxis.

They will not, and cannot have our water. If they have our water we might as well live in California.
Btw this isn’t just about the Mississippi, they want some of the Great Lakes too. It’s not going to stop here. I mentioned in another thread that a world psychic had mentioned years ago that the Great Lakes was the only safe place to live in the US, I fear that is coming true.

PS. That silly threat from the letter the person wrote, if the Midwest needs California they won’t return the favor. WHEN IN the Sam Hill Heck did the Midwest ever need California. And hey Cali, one more thing, can you keep your smoke to yourself!

Good God, the arrogance of these Western states! The hell with them. We don't need them, and they are stupid for putting huge cities in the middle of the godforsaken desert. They laugh about our winters, but I'll take that over 30 years of drought and absolutely unliveable heat any damn time! At least we have water. No, screw them. They can pound sand!

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder how much water Canada is willing to give them. After all, we don't own all of the great lakes.

edit on 22-7-2022 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
Doesn't most of that water trickle down from ice up north in Canada anyway?

There is the Red River, which runs northward into Canada, and has caused all sorts of problems in the past. Spring runoff flows into Canadian ice with literally no place for it.

If CA wants to figure how to tap that AND get it 1800 miles southwestward, they're welcome to it. Oh they can pay for it on their own # dime too. (And "dime"? More like trillions.)

Suddenly desalinization plants don't look so bad...
edit on 22-7-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Isn't that the truth!! I think they had rather maintain their hatred than help their own interests.

My best interest is water. I chose not to live in a desert climate. Everyone knows water is NUMERO UNO for survival. Screw Pistachos or avocado.
When I was growing up people didn't even know what an avocado was and most people only had pistachios for Christmas.

Ain't that the truth! I never heard of avocado until I was an adult and lived in Portland OR. Or Yogurt for that matter. We can live without California's food contributions but many won't want to. It would take time but very doable to grow many of the crops elsewhere but people are weird I guess. I'm with you. Hold onto the water.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join