It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't think American and British men can fight wars anymore.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheReaversChain
Well so what we have equates to a popularity contest. Slick burns, no actual points being heard, and pokes. Look I could not care less about the star ratio but it does kind of maybe illustrate where everyone's focus is. And insinuate that is the ticket: some fun over burns.

I didn't say what I did for no reason or to get into a damn contest. And being that when I called the other poster out people did more and more of it means that you are partaking in the "joy" of all this and I feel like I have to clarify I'm not down with that aspect of it. So that people don't glance over entirely what I said before or fail to ask anything of substance and really do make it about a slick burn. I'm one person and I'm fine being ignored but please dont insult me and drag me into American politics with cute pokes. Take me at my word. Stop doing this. Grow up on here.

~~~~final word~~~~ except, it wasn't.

Anyone care to point me in the direction of more mature clientele? I'll still come here for news and all but this stuff is maybe not up my alley for one or two particular subjects. No one asks "what did you mean?" And everyone just assumes I'm fine making my points. I'm up for more mature discourse you can hit me up in my PMS. I didn't say anything to change the culture or be a point maker because I get misinterpreted as just wanting to touch minds.

Dude. Log off the internet and take a break. You literally make zero sense. Not a coherent comment yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: shaemac

I'm not interested in slick burns. So I dont care how versed you are.

Is that a hairstyle? Or something that happens on race tracks?
WTF is a slick burn?

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You will have to find something better than that. Im not the one desperately dragging it back to the subject of the net and you know that. Im sorry. Just because you say something with force doesn't make it true. Dont gaslight to make people repeat what you pretend you didn't see, its insulting.
Biden? Your president stuff? You literally have nothing but bluster and the will to be small. Now

ETA star the guy. He makes more arguments on the net after people ask him not to. And slick burns. FreAdom oF sPeAch yaY!,πŸ™‚
edit on 17-7-2022 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

I'm not interested in slick burns. So I dont care how versed you are.

Is that a hairstyle? Or something that happens on race tracks?
WTF is a slick burn?

Now you're just trolling goodbye.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I would say the aging male Americans and English in the respective populations went to the wars you cited.

Iraq and Afghanistan tested the metal of thousands of the men your thread is about.

I can’t see anything correct about your premise.

a reply to: guaman

edit on 18-7-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

today's American and British men have an aging and unhealthy population due to no war and therefore no natural selection

Hey Captain Brilliance, weve been at war almost constantly for over 20 years

Youre either super super young or ignorant

πŸ€£πŸ§πŸ˜€

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on 18-7-2022 by TheReaversChain because: ... wups -'.,

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think that that has been proven several times over in the past few decades...

Now, discussing the aftermath of the various wars/conflicts might bring to light some failings...but on the whole, I'd say the Brits and the Yanks are actually pretty damned good at the whole war thing...

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I don't think American and British men can fight wars anymore.

The "don't think" part i can believe.

Ever heard of the SAS for a start?

As to the US and UK arming Ukrainians to fight off the Russian invasion force, aye that's the plan.

edit on 18-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I made a post about Idiocracy over a decade ago, and how it was "prophecy" (tongue in cheek).

Although I can see where your going as far as today's Armed Forces stand, they are a joke under the woke command and politics.

However, do not be dismissive of the 20 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, American Combat Veterans have gained unmatched experience.

As an Iraq Combat Veteran from the Iraq surge of 2007, I can personally attest to the fact, American men and women Vets, are the World's best Warfighters. We have the track record to prove it.

No other Country was in Iraq or Afghanistan as long, combating terrorist jihadis.

While I have no faith in the "current" Armed Forces, I will guarantee those of us with combat experience, are no f'n push over.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think when push comes to shove you'd find that they are just as tough and resilient as their predecessors.

Blue hair gender fluid children in their 20's aren't going to make it through basic training.
If they survived actual combat they might snap out of it and prove to be "tough and resilient"...

Now I will say, I'm not exposed to the current generation of teenagers outside of the internet- so it's entirely possible the bulk of them aren't whining on the internet about how they want to be commies.... Hopefully the silent majority is still a thing.

put them on the front lines.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
They'll realize they screwed up when they hold the next war and lose it. And suffer 50%+ causalities when they have it.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think you've won the ATS award of most pathetic thread ever posted to ATS.
Talk about acting like a child with school playground boasting, "my insert thing is bigger than your insert thing".
Next you're going to tell us everybody in your village is 7ft tall and can bench press a car.

Is it me or has ATS had an influx of Russian keyboard warriors of late? It just shows how awesome ATS is that Russia troll factories think by posting it's crap here it will change the worlds view on Mad Vlad......

edit on 18-7-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Is it me or has ATS had an influx of Russian keyboard warriors of late? It just shows how awesome ATS is that russia troll factories think by posting here it will change the worlds views on Mad Vlad.

I'm beginning to think "The Undeclared War" is more than just fiction.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm beginning to think "The Undeclared War" is more than just fiction.

Me too. Will it be the Aliens next who invade our cyberspace? And it's us, the ATS members that save the cyber World!!

I see a movie, quick call hollywood!?!

edit on 18-7-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

edit on 18-7-2022 by TheReaversChain because: πŸ†—οΈπŸ₯œπŸ”΄

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

My brother did two tours in Iraq, at about the same time...he saw more combat time in those tours then my Dad did during WW2.

For the OP to assert the nonsense that he did shows only his ignorance, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think when push comes to shove you'd find that they are just as tough and resilient as their predecessors.

As one who was previously married to the military and has a lot of veteran friends and knows parents with kids currently enlisted.No. No the new pussified military is not tough, nor resilient and nothing like their predecessors.
We are in serious trouble!

As one who spent 50 years (child/spouse) "in" the military I agree with you.

My spouse was mandated to share a tent with the "opposite" gender because separate tents were considered sexist by the Obama administration. At the same time if my spouse so much as patted someone of any gender on the back to say good job, that was punishable sexual harassment if reported. This actually happened during the Obama administration, my spouse in front of a gathering of 50 people briefly put his hand on the middle of an upper back (of a same gendered person no less), and said what a good job the person had done, someone reported it as sexual harassment. Luckily it was thrown out, ... then... , it wouldn't be now. Things have become much more PC under whoever is controlling Biden than it was under Obama.

Life in the US military is one of walking the politically correct tightrope - or else,
which has led to a culture of fear of being reported for ist/ism
for the stupidest things, respect is out the window.

A military can't be effective when leaders live in fear of the people they command. But this is the military that liberals want and have created.

The current military climate is one of the leaders walking on eggshells and soldiers quite willing to report superiors for the most ridiculous perceived ist/isms - totally destroying effectiveness and readiness.

edit on 7/18/22 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join