It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City releases PSA on what to do in nuclear attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Was this PSA in reference to a shooter on the loose? Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that avoiding windows during a nuclear blast isn't going to save you. Maybe jumping in the fridge will?

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Look at the Ukrainian nuclear tragedy Chernobyl disaster.
The elements of radiation are still there, nature has returned to the cities where 500k or so people used live there.
a reply to: vNex92

Chernobyl was result of reactor accident - most of the short radioactive elements have decayed down leaving the long life elements like Strontium 90 or Cesium 137 which have lives of 28/30 years to be released in the environment

Chernobyl was 34 years ago 1986 - thus only 1/2 of these elements has decayed

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What about van nukes? Russia could get them into South America easy enough and then just drive them into USA from Mexico right? It wouldnt be that hard would it? Or like other poster said - a vessel or something.

I think it would be a lot better if terrorists did it though. This Russia stuff is dumb. Its like the 80s again. Its retarded.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thelastman

Not likely. They have radiation detection devices along the borders and in ports. Most are very sensitive, so even if trying to skirt the detection (ie by sea) it's still a gambit. These systems have been in place for well over a decade, if not closer to two, at this point.

There's also the RadNet system, which is pretty neat.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That music sounded like it was straight out of a horror film. I remember all the drills we went through in elementary school in the 80's, but it wasn't Bert the Turtle leading by example. We always covered out heads with 10lb math books, lol, knowing damn good and well none of that is going to help anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They should tell liberals in democrat run cities to head to the nearest rooftop and scream at the sky, to scare away the missiles.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Something that crossed my mind. Could it be that the reason that the GA guide stones were demolished, is because they will have soon reached their objective, with starting a nuclear war?

Makes sense. I've notcied that several world leaders have resigned or gotten assassinated since the guidestones were blown up.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
In order to attack USA with nuke, the satellites must be destroyed first so defence system can't do anything to stop nuke

Therefore it'll never happens at least in our life time

I've heard rumors (just rumors) that Putin has mentioned setting nukes off in the ocean to destroy these cities with tsunamis.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I remember all the drills we went through in elementary school in the 80's, but it wasn't Bert the Turtle leading by example. We always covered out heads with 10lb math books, lol, knowing damn good and well none of that is going to help anything.
a reply to: LSU2018

Old enough to remember Cuban Missile Crisis, was in second grade then,

Playground rumors were that Russians had a nuke aimed right at the school, which we thought was pretty cool

Yeah no more school .........

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: thelastman
What about van nukes? Russia could get them into South America easy enough and then just drive them into USA from Mexico right? It wouldnt be that hard would it? Or like other poster said - a vessel or something.

I think it would be a lot better if terrorists did it though. This Russia stuff is dumb. Its like the 80s again. Its retarded.

That's essentially the backstory of Jericho, which was supposedly canceled for being a bit too close to the mark in season 2.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thelastman

If Putin was smart, he'd drill one into the San Andreas Fault.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Was this PSA in reference to a shooter on the loose? Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that avoiding windows during a nuclear blast isn't going to save you. Maybe jumping in the fridge will?

A shooter on the loose in New York City?
Really!
New York has some of the most restrictive, anti second amendment gun laws in the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
In order to attack USA with nuke, the satellites must be destroyed first so defence system can't do anything to stop nuke

Therefore it'll never happens at least in our life time

I've heard rumors (just rumors) that Putin has mentioned setting nukes off in the ocean to destroy these cities with tsunamis.

Absolutely right.
There are currently three sub hunters off the coasts of Portugal, France, and Sweden.

catching the early would be prudent.
However, remember, it wasn't long ago that Putin had three nuclear subs surface in the Arctic with missile tube hatches open.
edit on v482022Tuesdaypm31America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jul 2022 12:48:30 -05001 by Violater1 because: iflf

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What advantage to hitting a major civilian area is there? Especially as a first strike?

I can see some fear-stoking.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I was around during the cold war when nuclear apocalypse was a more realizable event

My top tips:

1) Go outside and watch, you'll never see anything like it
2) If possible die in the primary blast zone, it beats the alternatives.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape
What advantage to hitting a major civilian area is there? Especially as a first strike?

If you strike a population zone it will hinder the survivor's ability to rebuild and retaliate.

For example, helping civilians would tie up a lot of resources that might otherwise go to soldiers.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

Putin doesn't care about hitting civilian targets. We have already seen him rocket attack Nuclear Power stations, hospitals, shopping malls, homes or apartments. These facts have been in the news and some have been OP'd here on ATS.
At 2000 feet altitude, an air burst would kill over 13 Million people.
Coming from a Club K shipping container off the Eastern seaboard, on a hyper sonic missile, would impact in less than 45 seconds.
www.nuclearwarmap.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That music sounded like it was straight out of a horror film. I remember all the drills we went through in elementary school in the 80's, but it wasn't Bert the Turtle leading by example. We always covered out heads with 10lb math books, lol, knowing damn good and well none of that is going to help anything.

so nothing new since the 60's?

what did it cost?

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

new york city is one of if not the major finical centers of the U.S., a nuclear strike could be a crippling blow not only to the U.S. but the rest of world to.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Plus, it's certain that the US would pour all of its resources into trying to save as many people as possible.

This would tie up everything from food to logistics, meaning that the US would be less able to use these resources to support its military.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join