It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City releases PSA on what to do in nuclear attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Yeah , go ask the Mayor if you can Crash in his Nuclear Hardened Bunker for a Few 100 Years Until the Radiation Subsides............

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

originally posted by: Violater1

This is not good advice. 1: The atomic blast will cause a huge EMP, knocking out anything that is electrical for hundreds of miles.
Putin could use a smaller Tsar nuke, 50 Kilotons on NYCX. Here is an example provided by nuclearsecrecy.com...

understanding the colors is sickening.

Theres no military advantage for Putin to nuke just NYC. If Russia were to launch they`d go for military bases and institutions like WestPoint and the Pentagon around the globe in a somewhat coordinated effort. If a single US city were to go up in a nuclear conflagration, just one by itself then rest assured it was a false flag.

There is no military advantage for Putin to rocket shopping mall or other civilian targets, yet he still did it.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
from the op's link....

While the likelihood of a nuclear weapon incident occurring in/near New York City is very low, it is important New Yorkers know the steps to stay safe. The new PSA encourages New Yorkers to take key, simple steps in the event of such an incident.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Something that crossed my mind. Could it be that the reason that the GA guide stones were demolished, is because they will have soon reached their objective, with starting a nuclear war?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Here is the u Tube video.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It will be the French!!

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In order to attack USA with nuke, the satellites must be destroyed first so defence system can't do anything to stop nuke

Therefore it'll never happens at least in our life time

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Only safe place is the basement and hope the rubble to block the radiation and air ventilation is still working. Let be real US ain't fking ready for it because the basements don't have air filtration systems and rely on outside air.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Gov admitting they can't stop Russia again !!!! 🥶

Lost their privilege when they started messing with the Chinese. Should have kept the Chinese alliance against USSR. I rather have Chinese troops invading than get nuked, but US is making it worst for everyone. At least with Chinese troops there would be no nukes going off and have a fighting chance.
edit on 11-7-2022 by arcticscouthunter because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
In order to attack USA with nuke, the satellites must be destroyed first so defence system can't do anything to stop nuke

Therefore it'll never happens at least in our life time

NO, NOT REALLY!
Please look into the Club K Soviet shipping container delivery system.

edit on v212022Mondaypm31America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jul 2022 19:21:26 -05001 by Violater1 because: igs

link   
1) Get behind a brick wall.
2) Squat down and cover yourself with a white sheet .

***************Spoiler Ahead*********

3) Put your head between your legs and kiss your sweet a__ goodbye.

From an old unofficial military training manual .

No joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , go ask the Mayor if you can Crash in his Nuclear Hardened Bunker for a Few 100 Years Until the Radiation Subsides............

Why ?
The exits would be fused shut.
"No way out"

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The timing could almost hint of a "Hey don't push the Hunter Biden leaks to far or else" ?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm going with..place your head between your legs..and kiss your ass goodbye

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I mistakenly added a post on this subject. Sorry about that BTW. But it occurred to me. I..not worried about Russian nukes. Maybe it's the alcohol.talking at the moment but hear me out....
How do you unite a country that is so severely divided at the moment... recall 911. Everyone forgot they're differences even if.only for a little while. And Joe would all of a sudden become a great... hahaha. Sorry had to giggle at that. President that brought our country back together. Just a thought. What say you ATS???

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Unless you are in the blast radius, it's fairly easy to survive a nuclear war. I'm not sure you would want to, but your biggest concern would be the radioactive dust that's snowing outside. If you get this stuff on you, you need to wash it off immediately.

The thing this PSA failed to mention, I know it's already been mentioned, the EMP from the nuke will fry all electronics. You won't be notified by anyone for weeks.

I'm no expert but here's what I recall about the fallout. There are 4 types of radiation that you'll have to deal with. Alpha can be stopped by just being inside. Beta and gamma are a little more concerning as this is what the fallout will be giving off. If you have a basement you should be relatively safe just go to a location that has the most distance from where the fallout will land. Center of the basement and under as many floors above you as possible. Put everything in your basement around you. I believe the half life of these particles is something like 8-12 hours so after a few days you should be fine but a week would be preferred. The last one is X-rays but these will just emit and be over almost instantly.

Let me know if I missed anyting important.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This is not good advice. 1: The atomic blast will cause a huge EMP, knocking out anything that is electrical for hundreds of miles.

Exactly everyone knows the only thing effective for a nuclear blast is getting under a public school desk.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Exactly everyone knows the only thing effective for a nuclear blast is getting under a public school desk.

In lieu of that option or the brick wall, just grab the nearest chain link fence & have your Movie Moment.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

The effective radius of a nuclear-pumped EMP is determined by the size of the yield and the altitude of the detonation.

A ground level detonation of even a megaton-range warhead would be limited. To achieve the greatest EMP effect area, the warhead must be detonated at altitude.

This, of course, means that the warhead must delivered by air.

Which, of course, means greater likelihood of detection.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Stick your head up your ass and kiss it goodbye

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Why ?
The exits would be fused shut.
"No way out"

Well , it's somewhat Better than Dying Instantly Once the Warheads Explode and You and the " New City " are Turned into Hollandaise Sauce.............

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join