It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion? Again? My opinion? Im a man. I shouldnt have 1.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep. It's all political theater in the midst of a once great country falling apart very quickly. It's meant to do nothing but bring out the crazies on both sides. Now we have mutants and gargoyles marching through streets with green hair and red dye on the crotch of their pants, biological females that likely haven't been in the vicinity of functioning ding-dong since they were being given the chance of developing for 9 months in their mother's belly.

I see more "blcak lives matter" and antifa protesters than anything else. They're out in droves because they just needed something to be angry about, That's why this was leaked and that's why it was up to a SCOTUS that has a majority of Justices that they knew would follow the constitution unbiased. This will pass as soon as the next racist storyline is fabricated.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've always taken care of my end of it.
The Ex I mentioned, we had agreed to try to get pregnant. That's why I was so shocked when she did what she did.

If I wanted to be a real a$$, I could say "fine I gave up that right, you pay for the kid."

Not that I ever would. It's a moot point right now. I'm too old and my girlfriend can't get pregnant.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

oh yeah, understood. Individual cases n all...much respect for you.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
So it is indisputably wrong to take a live that would have otherwise thrived, I agree.

Yet I wonder at what point taking a live becomes OK?

Because:
death sentence
War

If these are still valid parts of society all the humanistic babbling is pure hypocrisy...

Agreed, but I'll say this...

A death penalty is reserved for those who are taking the lives of innocent people and the death penalty is well deserved.

In war, not including the draft, you sign up with the understanding you may not make it out alive.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
same with suicide , if abortion is legal then why cant we legally kill ourselves ?

Because "my body my choice" is just theater. If it meant anything at all then people wouldn't have lost their jobs for not taking vaccines and people could go to a doctor to be euthanized. I think the other saying should be more like "My irresponsible burden, my choice" if they want it to make sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElitePlebeian

Sperm cells can create live, move around and exist, yet you dont call it killing when theyre not in an egg cell...

I think there is room for some minimal compromise without getting into the extreme that once a sperm is in the egg its alive (or exists in your words) just like a baby or minimal developed fetus would be.

Absolutely agree with this. If compromise could be found it's win/win.

All this extremism, either zero tolerance for abortion or extreme late abortion without medical emergency, are the result of stubbornness. As long as early abortion is under threat people tend to demand more in order to safeguard the basics and pushing a complete sanctity of life over a clump of cells is really violating the mother's viewpoint if she feels otherwise.

I know a few women who have admitted to having abortions and not one believes in anything over ten weeks. It's time to give women the benefit of the doubt that they are competent enough to make their decision and have thought it through. Most will go on to ponder the "what if" but most were not in a good place at that point in life, made the choice knowing it was the best thing at the time.

It would be way better if more women shared this decision with men but as long as the subject is kept so taboo, many may feel the need to hide it. And for every man upset that his partner got an abortion without his knowledge there are also plenty of women who got them to please their men, to keep the relationship, to keep the peace when they may have secretly wanted the child. Men need to ask themselves if they gave mixed messages that the relationship wasn't serious for them, leaving the woman feeling ungrounded. Were they clear that they wanted a say in the decision by taking an interest in her birth control? Were they clear that, should the relationship fail, they would take 100% custody and love any unwanted child or did they give the message that they cared more about the football game when she wanted to talk about it?

Men also need to be really upfront if their intentions are sex only and use birth control ON THEMSELVES and accept responsibility should that birth control fail and the woman does not accept abortion. For far too long, this heavy responsibility has fallen on women. They can't read minds.

I have three sons and from watching their generation I really think things are fortunately improving in this area. They have much better communication skills than my generation.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
The decision to ban abortion was religion-driven.

Millions of unwanted kids will now be born, destined to a life of misery, crime, hardship.

Well done, America.

Don't worry, you can still kill them. Just gotta go to a state that allows it. You must have missed the memo that this leaves it up to the states, and states rights is the main reason we got into a civil war in the 19th century.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When she finally told me, I was completely blindsided. I'd no clue, at all...none.

Shocked. Dumbfounded. Then very, very angry.

One day, I suppose, I'll forgive, but that day hasn't come--and I doubt it'll be any time soon.

I never knew him. Never saw him play. Never saw him start school. Or get ready for his first date. Teach him how to shave. Yet, there's a hole where he should have been.

He'd have been just about the same age as my youngest niece--who never got to meet her cousin.

Geez man, you gotta stop. You're giving me chills from heartbreak because I can't help but put myself in your shoes. I can't imagine how angry and sad that's been for you. That's fricking sad and I'm sorry

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Why rush it, let the state take care of them until 18 and then send them to the latest warzone. much better use of resources.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

"You're a man so you shouldn't have an opinion on abortion?" I absolutely do.

As a Christian-depends.
As an Emergency Medical Tech-depends.
As a rock musician-depends.

As a man-doesnt depend on anything else other than I am not the woman.

Then you 110% have a say. Especially in the current environment we're living in where everyone can supposedly tell you what to do. Funny that disappears when it involves women, minorities, and democrats. That last part isn't directed at you.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why rush it, let the state take care of them until 18 and then send them to the latest warzone. much better use of resources.

They can make that decision when they turn 18, at least then they were afforded the chance at life and making their own decision. I think you're pointing blame at everyone except the two who are responsible for the pregnancy. If the man and woman can't care for a child then they should either put them up for adoption or use safe practices.

In 1957, when my dad was 5 years old, he stayed the night at his neighbor's house (a 15 year old girl who would always take him places) and the next morning he ran home to play with his brothers and sisters and his mom had packed up and moved, my dad ran into an empty house. That 15 year old girl raised him and he turned out better than all of his siblings. His mom couldn't afford him or his older 2 brothers so she sent them off and kept the youngest brother and the sister. I'm pretty damn glad she at least had him and didn't abort.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Skepticape

there you have it

CDC
So you DONT have statistics to back up what you claim, thanks for letting me know. Thanks for sharing data showing that 30-50 years ago very few women (or would you prefer birthing persons?) suffered fatalities from abortions and there’s not much difference in legal or illegal ones. Since there have been legal abortions across the US available at that time as well, it’s easy to infer those “illegal” abortions came from women wanting to have the abortion done under the table, so to speak which also shows the current Supreme Court decision will not cause an increase in death, if anything it will save lives which for many is their whole point.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Well, of course in general I have a say. I was trying to go beyond the obvious. Democrat? Me? Republican? Me? I claim neither friend. I go where it leads for me. That, keeps me sane.

Now, I cannot carry a woman's burden. I can share, but cant ever understand completely.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Last week she chided me for referring to my wife and I's baby as "our" pregnancy, saying I had nothing to do with it.

LOL
Your wife just up and magically created a baby in there all alone, don't you know that's how it works?

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well, of course in general I have a say. I was trying to go beyond the obvious. Democrat? Me? Republican? Me? I claim neither friend. I go where it leads for me. That, keeps me sane.

Now, I cannot carry a woman's burden. I can share, but cant ever understand completely.

My last sentence wasn't directed at you. We may not carry our child for nine months, but we certainly carry the burden along with our wife/GF. We also take the brunt of their anger and temporary hormonal imbalance.

Plus, let's be honest, a huge majority of abortions come from a woman just not wanting a burden or her body changing which is extremely selfish. Risk of death and pregnancy from rape or incest happens but it's not nearly as common as the other.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My opinion is on whether the SC has or has not ruled outside of their very narrow scope of authority. As to abortions I can care less if they are illegal or legal unless they start to eat my tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Then you 110% have a say.

You can have an opinion, but you can't have a "say". Not last week, and not this week either.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have leaned to the Pro life side and still think it's a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly but it's not mine or anyone else's to make .

Government should not have any right to tell anyone what they can do with their bodies Where does it stop ?

The government is not filled with Gods .

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Glad you understand that, how babies will go to the police department, or foster care, how babies will abused, used for sex trades, murdered after being born? What about Autistuc chikdren, children with Down Syndrome? Most moms abort because their baby isn't perfect. Or the child that isn't wanted because it's a boy or girl? I don't think the Conservatives thought this one through.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Then you 110% have a say.

You can have an opinion, but you can't have a "say". Not last week, and not this week either.

Precisely. People too often get confused between the right to an opinion and the right to a decision. You can say stupid uninformed crap because you love the sound your voice makes, but that doesn't create policy or authority to enforce it.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join