It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Your are the only person that seems confused Itisnowagain. LoL

If i do a double i will edit it to state so and generally say "my bad" .

Im not going to change my routine that everyone else can plainly understand just for you.

Simple as that really.

Now its been perfectly explained to you, move on please and stop derailing the thread.

edit on 25-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

You should not really need to secure your schools all the same.

Because they are schools, and should not be a soft target, never mind a target at all.

Its the same over here PatriotGames4u with our schools becoming like fortresses, with massive metal fences all around them, security guards in place, and even some with their own Police offices in the building.

Something is very wrong when we cannot send our kids to school without worrying about them being mass murdered, well that's my opinion anyroad.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If i do a double i will edit it to state so and generally say "my bad" .

Im not going to change my routine that everyone else can plainly understand just for you.

You didn't say....."double post my bad".

You sent a reply to me....saying

originally posted by: andy06shake

Another double.

I should start rolling dice. LoL

You caused the confusion......

edit on 25-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

It's not the video games. I am surprised people still say this. My kids and their friends are not violent people and they grew up playing them, including the ones where they shoot each other.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   

It's not that hard to understand.

And you are the only one confused.

Seek help son, and again stop derailing the thread.

Now if you must continue this meaningless nonsensical debate i suggest you do so to myself via PM.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's not that hard to understand.

And you are the only one confused.

Now if you must continue this meaningless nonsensical debate i suggest you do so to myself via PM.

Does it matter, that in your opinion, I was the only one confused?

You are continuing it after I have explained why I was confused.

So hilarious that you keep telling me to stop derailing the thread and you keep posting.

So rude.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I grew up playing Ikari Warriors and Operation Wolf.

And I've never considered shooting up schools.

Cant see why video games would influence kids to do such a thing if it did not make us mental.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You should not really need to secure your schools all the same.

And you put your resources where you heart is. From child abductions and sexual predators there are plenty of reasons to secure schools and provide security.

Something is very wrong when we cannot send or kids to school without worrying about them being mass murdered, well that's my opinion anyroad.

You shouldn’t have to place security alarms on cars, provide security at banks, and spend billions on preventing identity theft protection. How much more important are children than cars, money, and material wealth.
edit on 25-5-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

The problem is how do we define mental illness? Who would decide what the definition would be? I could see that being misused in so many ways.
How about this scenario: A person is in an abusive relationship and finally manages to get away. That person wants to get a firearm to protect herself/himself in case the abuser finds them. Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders classified as mental illness could absolutely effect a person who was abused repeatedly. However, with restrictions on people with mental illness, that could potentially stop a person who might really need one from obtaining a firearm.
See what I mean? Take it further. Someone with an unpopular opinion might be referred to as mentally ill by many. I'm talking politics here. It all depends on who is in power.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Hilarious that you continue this nonsense and refuse to use the PM function.

Can only assume you intend to derail the thread on purpose.

Which i have to say i find rather confusing and bad-mannered myself.

I won't respond to you again regarding what has already been explained and made clear.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I won't respond to you again regarding what has already been explained and made clear.

Do you promise?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Tropics

Yeah, look how well that worked for you during the pandemic and all of your rights being completely ignored by govt. There's a reason we have the second amendment. You want to do something about the shooters get the populace more involved and aware and capable of stopping it the second it starts to happen.

You can't close pandora's box, quit acting like it's possible.

Jaden

How did your guns help you during the pandemic? Kill count, please.
edit on 25-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Tropics

I do not follow your logic?

You suggest the only solution is to remove the guns?
Because it worked for Australia?
You seem not to have a great memory.
www.cnn.com...

If criminals followed laws, your solution would be great. Criminals do not follow laws. In fact that is why they are labeled criminals.

I appreciate your passion, your statements do not show me a valid solution.
Your statement of not having a mass shooting in Australia since the 90s is an outright lie, as my link shows.
And I do not know the stats of various violent crimes for bludgeons, stabbings, vehicular homicides and any of the major ways to inflict multiple harm without firearms.

Don't hate the tool, hate the wielder.
And do not blame a tool for the purpose the user puts it to.

This mass shooter was not a criminal until he started killing innocents.

The problem is easy access to guns.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

And you put your resources where you heart is. From child abductions and sexual predators there are plenty of reasons to secure schools and provide security.

Was not a requirement when i was a lad, but i dont hail from the USA, different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Like i suggest through when you need to police your schools from rifle attacks something is very wrong indeed.

You shouldn’t have to place security alarms on cars, provide security at banks, and spend billions on preventing identity theft protection. How much more important are children than cars, money, and material wealth.

This is exactly the reason why we should not need to treat our children like property or money, you should not need to alarm your kids mate, and when you do there is something not quite right about the place.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Violence breads more violence... Exporting freedom by the barrel of a gun has been the great contribution, from the USA, to the world. If citizens adapt that MO, they are being good students, nothing more. After all, it is totally legit to solve a problem with guns, daddy state says so!

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Well if there is a hell I bet the shooter is a good candidate.
Him deciding to end the life of those who just started experience it, there are no explanation or excuse that could defend this act.. I would gladly offer my life right now if I could bring those kids back to here parents.

Double post lol ? Thanks, I was on the side following the double post conversation between you and the other guy.
Made my day thanks.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well if there is a hell I bet the shooter is a good candidate.
Him deciding to end the life of those who just started experience it, there are no explanation or excuse that could defend this act

Indeed and no excuse whatsoever.

I would gladly offer my life right now if I could bring those kids back to here parents.

Thats very admirable Spacespider and im sure many share a similar sentiment.

Double post lol ? Thanks, I was on the side following the double post conversation between you and the other guy.
Made my day thanks.

I think i need a new mouse, or it's a dpi/mouse button sensitivity issue, another thing to add to the list. LoL

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981

originally posted by: tamusan
How did the people get this way? Those reasons are what really needs to be addressed.

The internet and violent video games. It's no coincidence that the most popular games are mostly multiplayer shooters.

I've been playing violent video games since before half of you were born, and simply depicting a death was considered controversial. And I've been playing multi player shooters since lan patties with the original doom were a thing, but neither I nor anyone I've ever known has carried out a mass shooting. So there's obviously more to it than that.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: CptGreenTea

The problem is how do we define mental illness? Who would decide what the definition would be? I could see that being misused in so many ways.
How about this scenario: A person is in an abusive relationship and finally manages to get away. That person wants to get a firearm to protect herself/himself in case the abuser finds them. Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders classified as mental illness could absolutely effect a person who was abused repeatedly. However, with restrictions on people with mental illness, that could potentially stop a person who might really need one from obtaining a firearm.
See what I mean? Take it further. Someone with an unpopular opinion might be referred to as mentally ill by many. I'm talking politics here. It all depends on who is in power.

If someone is a suicide risk, then that's an extremely good reason not to let them have a gun.

If someone is likely to shoot the mail man because they thought they were an intruder, then that also a good reason not to give them a gun.

Mace, tazers, a good old fashioned baseball bat, they can have. But not a gun.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lynexon

Sound mate and cheers for telling us how it was for yourself and sharing your opinion.

Still doesn't explain why these nutters feel the need to start shooting up schools or killing kids by my guesstimation.

Their nuts, and without an excuse to be had, sad little individuals that cannot cut it in life so choose to take others out of the game, children no less, in an attempt to prove what exactly?

Because it simply escapes me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join