It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 341
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Kenzo

Sad actually. He is representative, I fear, of entire generations of Russians who have convinced themselves that they, personally were somehow greater when their country was called the USSR.

In eastern Germany, longing for the old days is called Ostalgie.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ah. Putin's favourite, I'm guessing.

Zelensky, probably not.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh i guess so. The brainwash do it`s work....there was some nostalgia also, but Putin & Co started to create the narrative about the greatness of USSR ?

Thought one thing the Soviets were maybe better was still litle bit more realistic with playing war game with nuclear weapons than Putin now ? Thought not sure...Putin seems as reckless compared to Soviet leaders ?

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The Soviet leadership, in general, were not gamblers. They didn't like the Cuban Missile Crisis any more than the USA did. I doubt they would have invaded Afghanistan had they realized how much the tribesmen would fight.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Putin's favourite, I'm guessing.

Mad Vlad is more a Morrissey fan.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com... well this should irk the hell out of putin poland wants us tactical nukes stationed in country

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It sounds like Polish are quite worryed if they are willing to got that far....worrying that some day Russians might attack .Putin will not like it, but he can look to mirrow .

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What is this all about ???????

Putin saying that Russia respects Ukrainians.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What is this all about ???????

That means he definetly does not respect Ukrainians.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Putin's got his eulogy mixed up.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Blimey these pro-putler pundits are getting even more insane...

Not to mention incredibly hypocritical... he looks old/young enough to be called up, why isnt he?

So sometimes when there is a calling to god, war happens?.. and joining that war as a soldier to die a 'heroic' death is a calling to god... but anyone that chooses life is trash worthy of being killed because they arent valuing the wasted err heroic death of others who are following the churchs ideology of family and motherland?

So this is now a Holy War for some ruZZians? and if you dont throw your life away for the motherland your only worthy of death?.. That country and alot of its people are insane... and you cant convince me otherwise anymore.

Also Looks like their are protests starting up in places with some of the conscripts being trained due to conditions their in... the cracks are just about to completely come apart in my opinion.
edit on 5-10-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Remember a couple of days back Kadryov was ranting that he wanted Putin to nuke the front to regain the initiative?

Well he certainly has not been reprimanded for the comments-at least in public.
In fact,he got promoted to Colonel General.
www.msn.com...

I'm not sure how to take that-

Was it because Putin is thinking "Jeez,that guy has some great ideas!"
Or was it a case of keeping his pretend ally/ potential enemy close and happy?

No doubt Kadryov thinks it the former,but I suspect its the latter.

Update on the *missing* nuclear apocylpse submarine that the MSM have recently been squawking about..
The horror! they say-A submarine which is...HIDING!

Anyway its been spotted up in the bering sea,by a sattelite,and likely being closely montored by other means as well.
Couple of blurry satt. pics a the link:
www.navalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am sorry that I have not posted in a while, but several armed men came into my workplace at the St Petersburg office of the Ministry of Truth and told me that Mother Russia needed me to go immediately to Ukraine to chase away genocidal Nazis.

After a day-long bus ride, I was given an AK-47 with 6 rounds in the magazine and was told the rust on my weapon will come off though some of the holes worry me a little. Then I was dropped off next to a bush with instructions from Major Sleepitoff to fire some warning shots if I see any Ukrainians. Though now I'm wondering if I should allow Nazis through since he failed to mention them?? He then staggered away with his bottle of vodka and I have had no further orders.

I am a bit worried because I am still wearing my Day-Glo Hi-Visibility sweater, because my allocated uniform was 2 sizes too small and apparently from world war 2. Has several holes in it which are either bullet holes or have been eaten by a moth I'm not sure since the flashlight I was given no longer works. so anyone knows where I can surrender I haven't eaten in 24hrs and I'm getting hungry.
edit on 10/5/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm more of a Kvartal fan myself...

Maybe Zelensky can give us a little dance next time he's begging for weapons?

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Maybe putin should do the dance?

Perhaps he'd discover some of his long missing humanity and stop invading his neighbors?

Nah, that ship has sailed.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I dunno man those high heels really do it for me, maybe he can wear that getup during negotiations or his next video visit to UN security council.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I dunno man those high heels really do it for me, maybe he can wear that getup during negotiations or his next video visit to UN security council.

Ironic isnt it?

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

As a short man myself... 5 foot 2 inches (damn it putlers taller than me), I often get a little ticked at the idea of napoleon complex and how often its brought up or thrown at men of my stature, since i dont ever get it myself.

But watching that video made me chuckle, he's definitely wearing special shoes... would i like to be taller yes (not really), but if a person cant be comfortable in their own skeleton they've got issues... especially if your attempts to fix it make you look a fool.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I guess this would explain the sudden drop in the number and quality of tgram russians.

From ISW:

Russian authorities detained the manager of several milblogger telegram channels on October 5, indicating that the Kremlin is likely setting limits on what criticism is allowed in the domestic Russian information space. 

Alexander Khunshtein, the deputy secretary of the General Council of Putin’s political party, United Russia, published footage on October 5 showing Russian authorities detaining Alexei Slobodenyuk.[20] 

Slobodenyuk is an employee of Wagner financier Yevgeny Prigozhin’s Patriot media group and the manager of several milblogger telegrams, the most prominent of which are “Release Z Kraken” and “Skaner.” The telegram channel “Skaner” has featured criticism of major state officials and military personnel, the most prominent of whom are Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, State Duma Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin, and Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov.

Russian authorities detained Slobodenyuk on accusations of fraud. His detention suggests that the Kremlin is attempting to set boundaries for which criticism is allowed in the information space and on which high-ranking officials milbloggers and journalists can criticize—Defense Minister Shoigu, Putin‘s likely scapegoat-in-waiting, now appears to be fair game, whereas officials close to Putin such as Lavrov and Putin’s spokesperson are off-limits.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The internal fight inside Russia is getting strength

Interestingly, earlier today in Moscow police detained an employee of Prigozhin's media group Patriot Aleksey Slobodenyuk who runs a network of telegram channels known for attacking Shoigu, Volodin and others. So a hot war among Russia's elite is very much a reality at this point

This is looking like different elite groups there are willing to go after other ...
edit on 6-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join