It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

PM for you, Xcathdra.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Some development in 'who did what' with the fuel depot: Ukraine denies attacking fuel depot inside Russia.

Reuters

LVIV, Ukraine, April 1 (Reuters) - Russia accused Ukraine of carrying out an air strike against a fuel depot in the Russian city of Belgorod on Friday, an incident the Kremlin said could affect peace talks, but a top Kyiv security official denied responsibility.

Russia's defence ministry said that two Ukrainian helicopters struck the facility in Belgorod, some 35 km (22 miles) from the border with Ukraine, after entering Russia at extremely low altitude at around 5 a.m. Moscow time (0200 GMT).

Ukraine's top security official rebuffed the Russian accusation - the first by Moscow of an air strike on Russian soil since Moscow launched its invasion on Feb. 24. Belgorod is one of Russia's main logistics hubs for the war.

"For some reason they say that we did it, but according to our information this does not correspond to reality," Security Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov said on Ukrainian national television.

Reuters

Ukraine's top security official said the Russian allegations it was behind the attack were not correct. Earlier the defence ministry declined to confirm or deny Ukrainian involvement.

"Ukraine is currently conducting a defensive operation against Russian aggression on the territory of Ukraine, and this does not mean that Ukraine is responsible for every catastrophe on Russia's territory," said ministry spokesperson Oleksandr Motuzyanyk.

Twitter link

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: Snarl
Didn't I just hear the other day that Russia was pulling back from Kyiv? Looks like that was just more BS.

"Huge" Battles Erupt Near Ukraine's Capital

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

I wouldn't be sure the two narratives are mutually exclusive.

The Russians want space to reorganize their units and there is pursuit occurring. How much is impossible to say at the moment. But the reports of towns trashed by combat go along with the reports of battles, and battles are taking place in towns that were formerly firmly under Russian occupation.

Cheers

There's something afoot. I base that thought on the deficit of information and bad info that no one is even making an effort to walk back.

The things you say level the playing field of discussion. Greatly appreciated ... even if it seems I want to hotly contest what you see from your perspective. I don't feel that way.

Much respect, Cav!!

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Getting a feel for what is happening is 'challenging'.

Even events in history. I've read accounts of World War II battles, first from the perspective of one side, and then, from the perspective of the other. Most of the time, it doesn't even sound like they are describing the same battle.

So if it still foggy 70+ years later, I can only imagine the 'fog of war' when the fighting is going on.

Cheers Snarl

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

eh in korea we bombed the hell out of north korea to the point the airforce asked if it could stop bombing the rubble basically
www.politico.com...

Nichols would find most of the targets for America’s carpet bombing of North Korea—a savage, three-year operation that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. When the war was over, the bombing would resonate in the North as Yankee genocide. It would give three generations of dictators named Kim a reason to warn that the Americans will come again with bombs and fire and death. This is the narrative that still drives Kim Jong Un’s relentless push to acquire nuclear weapons that can hit U.S. cities.

so large bombing campaigns happened after ww2 but in context of Ukraine wouldnt this be the first air strike on Russian soil since the end of ww2?

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
P.S.: thank you for continuing with the thread
Where else I would post these:

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

'Ukraine Attack Helicopters Blast Oil Depot' INSIDE Russia As Hero Pilots Strike Back Against Putin

"Taking the fight to the evil empire. Well done Ukrainian armed forces. Keep up the good fight. Slavi Ukraini"

quote: Chris Wallace

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

A Political Scientist Explains How Putin And Russia Meet The Textbook Definition Of 'Fascist'

March 31, 2022

www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
somebody said this was all part of Putin's plan to enrich Ukraine scrap dealers

follow the money, they say

Lot of blown up tanks and APC's ready to get recycled.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
First time I can recall this tactic being used, well at least officially.

Come on down to Yuri's discount armory...

prm.ua...< br />

One million dollars per plane, 100 thousand per tank: Rada sets reward for occupiers for transfer of military equipment of the Armed Forces

According to Yaroslav Zheleznyak, a People's Deputy from the Golos parliamentary faction, 320 parliamentarians voted in favor of the document “On Establishing Remuneration for Voluntary Combat Equipment of the Aggressor State” (№7229).

Draft Law № 7229 provides for the establishment of remuneration in the following amounts (in US dollars):

Combat aircraft (fighter and assault aircraft) - 1,000,000;
Combat helicopter - 500,000;
Reactive volley fire system - 25,000 - 35,000;
Tank, ground artillery (self-propelled) - 100,000;
Infantry fighting vehicle (landing party), armored personnel carrier, armored reconnaissance patrol vehicle - 50,000;
Military vehicle (truck, specialized), military tractor, military engineering vehicles: reconnaissance, demining, mine barriers, bridges, fences, for paving roads, for earthworks, to overcome water obstacles - 10,000;
Ships of 1st or 2nd rank - 1,000,000;
Ships of 3rd or 4th rank - 500,000;
Military (auxiliary) support vessels - 200,000; Ships of small combat (reconnaissance) purpose - 50,000.

fwiw

en.lb.ua...

Ukrainian Defence Ministry denies connection to Belgorod oil depot blast
“We suspect that the explosion was because of the negligence of the occupiers or to hide someone’s corruption.”

edit on 1-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ElGoobero
somebody said this was all part of Putin's plan to enrich Ukraine scrap dealers

follow the money, they say

Lot of blown up tanks and APC's ready to get recycled.

Helluva harvest

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Russia lost the first Chechen war against a much weaker opponent. So I don't think it's impossible. But definitely Ukraine has gotten a lot of help.

Russia isn't fighting a war with Ukraine; they're fighting the US by proxy, IMHO.

But it's both, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ukraine war: Gruesome evidence points to war crimes on road outside Kyiv

BBC

Footage of Russian troops shooting a man with his hands up on a highway outside Kyiv at the beginning of March was shared around the world. Now the Russians have been pushed out of the area and the BBC's Jeremy Bowen has been to see the grim aftermath of their short-lived occupation.

We counted 13 bodies on a nightmarish stretch of road not much more than 200 yards long, between Mria and Myla, villages whose Ukrainian names translate as Dream and Sweetheart.

[..]Attempts have been made to destroy the other bodies. Some have been left to rot where they were killed. But other corpses have been piled up and surrounded by tyres. Charred clothing indicates attempts were made to set fires around them. Tyres are flammable and must have been placed there as an accelerant.

Two of the dead are confirmed as Ukrainian civilians who were killed by the Russians. The others have not been identified yet - they lie where they were killed - but only two are wearing recognisable Ukrainian military uniforms.

I think, we yet to see the true aftermath of the horrors...

edit on 1-4-2022 by wordforword because: double quote

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

American MIC is loving this NATO sends arms to Ukraine now all those NATO countries will likely have to buy more and upgrade. As well as we will keep on feeding Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
On the attack inside Russia-Earlier today Sky news were saying the Ukrainian government "refused to confirm or deny" they had done it but now they are saying-

Ukrainian security official denies Kyiv is behind Belgorod fuel depot strike Ukraine's top security official has denied accusations by Moscow that Kyiv was behind an attack on an oil depot in the Russian city of Belgorod. "For some reason they say that we did it, but according to our information this does not correspond to reality," said Ukrainian Security Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov.

news.sky.com... es-to-visit-chernobyl-12541713

Really don't see how Russia can have a hissy fit about it if Ukraine did attack as they for sure had a reason to do so after what russia have been doing.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ukrainian Forces 'Ambush Convoy Of Russian Armored Vehicles'

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I did not know there was a 400 page limit.

Ah well, you live and learn.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Russia Expert: No Bigger Insult To Putin Than Being Called Misinformed

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Warner: 'Despicable, Pathetic That Trump Is Out Appealing To A War Criminal

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Twitter link with video.

I strongly believe 'the aliens' subject will come up next...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join