It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Harsh, but fair.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Thank you Sir for expressing so eloquently what I've been thinking.
👏👏👏

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Indeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Soloprotocol

thats the thing , the news keeps saying it was a full scale invasion , when it seems like an incursion of reservists and old units sporting older equipment

if it was a full scale invasion from Russia then you'd see their entire army and airforce deployed
the whole of Ukraine would have had airborne troops dropped all over the country en mass
we have seen youtube videos of such from Russian troops in training exercises.

There are loads of people on social media trying to compare this to the invasion of Poland by nazi germany , many forget that the bombing of warsaw saw some 7k civilian casualties so i find that comparison also a bit daft

the idea that this was a huge invasion is not quite correct, seems like exactly what they are calling it from Russia an special operation

Indeed i agree and also something doesnt match here...as per CNN»»»

***Russia has “about a third of their combat power” in Ukraine out of the total amassed for invasion on Ukraine’s borders right now, a senior US defense official told reporters Friday.

“That does not mean that they will not commit more,” the official said. “I’m just giving you a snapshot of what we’re seeing right now.”***

Hummmm...are the russian forces at *mid-gas*...could this be more some "theatrical or advice ops"...or as VP said, a special military ops???
edit on 25-2-2022 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Prince William visited MI6 on February 23, and also had a meeting with Secretary of State for Defense yesterday, I wonder when/if UK will get involved.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: valerias

He doesn't really have any say in our foreign policy, even if he were King, which he isn't yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Who Dares Wins

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay
Yup, it's only been 2 days, feeling it out. After bogging down we may see the bulk of the forces employing traditional Russian mass firepower brutality. Shudder.

Blind optimism by the enbubbled leader surrounded by yes-men was hoping for little resistance. Have you seen Putin speaking to his groups in that white room, they are paralyzed with fear to say anything contrary, as if there is a shark tank nearby.

Gotta say, that white room (St Catherine's maybe?) is absolutely enormous and gorgeous. In contrast to the little men inside.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This Brit and ex British Soldier thinks you Putin fanboys are an absolute disgrace and make me sick

I have friends/brother's who have just been deployed to eastern Europe to help protect our NATO allies borders and help with humanitarian needs

You are borderline traitors supporting our potential enemy with our boys and girls at the front line.

Why don't you all pack up and move to Russia where you can be bummed by your pal Putin to your hearts content

Aah the old false dichotomy of "you're either for us or against". One can be on the fence, just because they don't buy what Sky News and the BBC have to say about Putin and his motivations doesn't make them a traitor,It makes them a critical thinker, that's probably bad in your book though right? Somebody can be for the troops and simultaneously do their best not to deploy them. You probably want us to take a military stand (Again) in a country that has nothing to do with us (Again) and get our troops killed for nothing (Again).
Your appeal to patriotism is also transparent, with patriotism being the last refuge of a scoundrel and all.

Why don't you pack up and move to Berkshire. Oh wait you're probably already there.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: longtimelurker1

In the West Midlands Actually.

In times of war it is indeed a case of you are with us or against us.

If for instance NATO is drawn into conflict with Russia then all of you "critical thinkers" need to watch your words and your backs

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If for instance NATO is drawn into conflict with Russia then all of you "critical thinkers" need to watch your words and your backs

I'll take my chances tough guy. So in the 2nd Iraq war and ensuing micro conflicts, anyone calling BS was against the troops? But this time its different right? Oh where have we heard that before.
What outfit were you with in the Army, 77th by any chance?

edit on 25-2-2022 by longtimelurker1 because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You know this whole situation could have been avoided if it went down a little something like this

Putin: we are invading the Ukraine as we believe rebel factions have possession of WMD's , our intelligence shows they there are reports of the rebels obtaining yellow cake

the west: Oh right cool why didnt you say so, let us know how you get on.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Im not with any of these assholes

who would want to fight for the UK government, bunch of useless bastards
hypocrites the lot of them. Same with Russia and all the rest , governments are #in useless
and fighting for them is also useless , your fighting for someone elses agenda and submitting to their percieved authority
as most if not all veterans know how well they are treated by their respective governments when they come from wars.
No citizens want war , ask anyone if they would rather have peace or war and they will say peace every time
its only politicians and their agendas that result in sanctions , conflict and all out war.

My grand father and my great grand father fought in WW1 and WW2 and they werent too happy to share their stories when they got home
and I have plenty of friends who are veterans in the UK and in the US from a number of different conflicts and their personal stories paint a horrific view of war worse than any film can conjure and I ask myself why this continues to happen , why do human beings continue to fight for these criminals?

I hope you dont take offense to my beliefs and opinions as that is all they are , but I know as a human being that war and violence are wrong when innocent people suffer on both sides , the governments rarely suffer as the people or the men and women in the military
how can we live in a democracy when the majority of citizens want peace and its government can decide they can sanction and goto war when they are a minority and vote in our name to use our wealth and our health ( our men and women) to fight overseas.

One is no worse than the other in this situation , Russia are in the wrong , and us sanctioning them and retaliating are also wrong
as the whole time the people suffer

Im just a little fed up of this bull# , Ive been here a mere 39 years and ive seen armed conflict nearly every year on the news on tv since I remember watching tv in primary school when i was 6 and there was conflict on the tv and its not stopped since

My grand father spoke to my dad about what happened to him during ww2 and he was adamant that I was not to join the military when i grew up and sadly he passed away before I got to know him but my dad made sure I didnt join.

I hope that they return to peace talks instead of escalating this , and the media just getting everyone paranoid and hyped up for war
when in the end , we are the only ones who will suffer

edit on 25-2-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Looks like you got vlad's friends a little excited.

I wonder why?

(Not really, we both know)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
You know this whole situation could have been avoided if it went down a little something like this

Putin: we are invading the Ukraine as we believe rebel factions have possession of WMD's , our intelligence shows they there are reports of the rebels obtaining yellow cake

the west: Oh right cool why didnt you say so, let us know how you get on.

This is so true! The war in Iraq was illegal and a "war of aggression" according to the ICJ in Geneva. Imagine invading a country on false pretences and killing millions of people in a region and then getting on your high horse when someone else does it a few years later.
edit on 25-2-2022 by longtimelurker1 because: Spelling and grammar.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

He doesn't really have any say in our foreign policy, even if he were King, which he isn't yet.

Actually HMTQ can declare war on behalf of UK and Commonwealth and Prince William is Counsellor of State, plus both HMTQ and Prince Charles have covid which makes his position more important

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No.

Prince Charles tested positive some time ago but is fine.

Her Maj has cold like symptoms.

If you think Wills is going to declare war any time soon, let alone her Maj, you are very much mistaken.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Never in a month of proverbial crow sh!t could Prince William 'declare war'.
If any any Monarch tried to force this country into war without the permission of Parliament and the PM there would be a crisis that would ultimately result in that Monarch's head going the same way as one of Charlie's previous namesake's.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't know anything at all about the British government, but this line is Golden!

"Never in a month of proverbial crow sh!t"

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The very thought of Prince Charles declaring war is just so funny.

No, just no.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join