It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sander1976
I support Putin in his effort to secure the russian borders from western aggressors! NATO broke their promises.

Putin is not stupid, the west including Biden can't do # about it.

Putins speeches are pretty clear, pointing out major flaws in the west and clues why this is happening. He makes more sence then the western leaders. Pretty clear.

Spot on
and loads of Brits I speak to think exactly the same

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This news is going around in the Netherlands.

www.ninefornews.nl...

www.frontnieuws.com...

Translate from dutch to english, thank you!

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sander1976

seems like Russia are cleansing the steppe's

or draining the swamps of the steppe at least

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

They don't tell us the plebs everything, but things are happening for sure. Interesting times.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I support Putin in his effort to secure the russian borders from western aggressors! NATO broke their promises.

Putin is not stupid, the west including Biden can't do # about it.

Putins speeches are pretty clear, pointing out major flaws in the west and clues why this is happening. He makes more sence then the western leaders. Pretty clear.

Securing Russian borders? Russia has gone way past the border. Shelling the capital with missiles and sending in tanks is not securing a border, this is an invasion of another country. This is the worse take I have seen about the Russia/Ukraine conflict. Innocent civilians are being affected, some have already lost their lives and you support this? If you love Russia so much, move there.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Anyone care to opine on Russian military performance thus far?

I'm no expert, but seems like they're losing a surprising number of military vehicles to Ukraine. I really expected it to be a route. Now I hear Ukraine won back the airport.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: behindthescenes

I'm no expert, but seems like they're losing a surprising number of military vehicles to Ukraine. I really expected it to be a route. Now I hear Ukraine won back the airport.

I was thinking the same thing too: either the reports are false or Russia is struggling with Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: behindthescenes

It is the drone / manpad / guided man-portable anti tank weapon future we are in, ever since the Ngorno-Karabakh war where Armenia recently got their butts handed to them.

Tanks and armored vehicles are obsolete for frontal assault at this point. Sitting ducks.

Ngorno-Karabakh was a glimpse of the future, and we are there now.

EDITED TO ADD: I am curious to see whether we get any indication Ukraine will be using or has used the same Turkish drones they were supplied by Erdogan that caused all the Armenian losses to Azerbaijan. Waiting for footage.
edit on 25-2-2022 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: behindthescenes

Russia has a surprisingly large number of military vehicles to lose. And a lot of it is obsolete. I guess they sent in the cannon fodder first. No doubt they are willing to sacrifice many of their own to draw the Ukrainians away from the areas they consider more important strategically.

The Soldiers i've seen captured by Ukraine look like kids, drunks, and old men. We all know Russia has a better standard of soldier...Somewhere?.
edit on 25-2-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

thats the thing , the news keeps saying it was a full scale invasion , when it seems like an incursion of reservists and old units sporting older equipment

if it was a full scale invasion from Russia then you'd see their entire army and airforce deployed
the whole of Ukraine would have had airborne troops dropped all over the country en mass
we have seen youtube videos of such from Russian troops in training exercises.

There are loads of people on social media trying to compare this to the invasion of Poland by nazi germany , many forget that the bombing of warsaw saw some 7k civilian casualties so i find that comparison also a bit daft

the idea that this was a huge invasion is not quite correct, seems like exactly what they are calling it from Russia an special operation

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

www.ninefornews.nl...

www.frontnieuws.com...

Fauci was cooking up new viruses and toxins in Ukraine bio-labs?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.ninefornews.nl...

www.frontnieuws.com...

Fauci was cooking up new viruses and toxins in Ukraine bio-labs?

Distraction Bait.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: behindthescenes

Russia has a surprisingly large number of military vehicles to lose. And a lot of it is obsolete. I guess they sent in the cannon fodder first. No doubt they are willing to sacrifice many of their own to draw the Ukrainians away from the areas they consider more important strategically.

The Soldiers i've seen captured by Ukraine look like kids, drunks, and old men. We all know Russia has a better standard of soldier...Somewhere?.

“Look weak when you are strong” art of war.

Or thats how Russia uses their reserves?, show us what your made of, the survivors become active leaders. Survival of the fittest.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Do they? Don't forget that a quarter of the Russian military is made up of conscripts that only serve for a year, including training.

Honestly, Russia should be embarrassed with how their military is coming off. It's clear they were trying to take Kiev in a day but not only did they not achieve that it sounds like they've lost ground in places.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There are loads of people on social media trying to compare this to the invasion of Poland by nazi germany , many forget that the bombing of warsaw saw some 7k civilian casualties so i find that comparison also a bit daft

Not really mate, there are some striking similarities.

The Crimea was The Ruhr.
LPR and DPR are Sudetenland and the Ukraine as a whole is Czechoslovakia.

The rise and manipulation of nationalist sentiments.

Poland could well be Poland, again....and then it would get really nasty. (Maybe that's why Putin is holding back his more professional troops etc?)

Of course there are some differences, indiscriminate bombing of civilians is one difference.
Putin is driven by an egomaniacal desire to regain what he perceives as Russia's lost glory.
I don't think he has any wish to extend his control across the whole of Europe.
Hitler was driven by a pathological belief in a political ideology based on hatred and superiority etc.
Hitler wanted control of Europe....Putin wants parity with the USA.

Its all supposition, lets just hope calm heads prevail and some sort of solution is reached without too many more casualties.....

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wondering about that today.

I think there is a reason that Russian special forces/airborne and the Wagner boys have played such a prominent role in recent Russian military operations.

The regular troops seem only sorta-kinda motivated.

I mentioned a while back I thought the Russians would go for a coup-de-main attack to seize Kiev and topple the Ukrainian government. That was a job for the airborne and special forces. All the other troops were there to occupy Ukraine and tamp down any post occupation partisan warfare.

On the face of it, all of these attacks from different sectors don't make a lot of sense militarily -- for one, they violate the age old principle of massing at the point of decision. I wonder if the Ukrainian resistance is more than they bargained for.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I get the feeling not much is happening.

Every time I turn on the news they're talking about how people in Ukraine are bracing for something horrible...not that they are enduring something horrible.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"The Russians are fighting Nazis."
Yeah, they've done that before, they're good at that.
"No, this time the Russians are the bad guys and the Nazis are good."
Go f* yourself, Davos War.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This Brit and ex British Soldier thinks you Putin fanboys are an absolute disgrace and make me sick

I have friends/brother's who have just been deployed to eastern Europe to help protect our NATO allies borders and help with humanitarian needs

You are borderline traitors supporting our potential enemy with our boys and girls at the front line.

Why don't you all pack up and move to Russia where you can be bummed by your pal Putin to your hearts content

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join