It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Shouldn't this post be about updates and news? Not bickering and talking about the past. Use all that for the russia/ukraine history thread

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

That was rather my point?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Shouldn't this post be about updates and news? Not bickering and talking about the past. Use all that for the russia/ukraine history thread

Thank you! I agree. Been a very informative post up until the last 4 or so pages...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wonder what are Chinese arms support to Russia? Most obvious should be HJ-12 anti tank missiles and Wing Loong 2 attack drones, considering Russia does not have fire and forget anti tank missiles and attack drones.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Unverified reports that Russian Forces have taken Snake Island of Ukraine. Trying to find some verifiable sources.

Edit: Confirmed. I have seen the stories coming out of Snake Island... tragedy

edit on 24-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
At the same time I can see the powerful Chinese navy securing Russia's far east against a possible Japanese invasion of the disputed Kurils.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can anyone verify this report? Sounds very strange.

UKRAINE/SYRIA - It appears 'the whole Russian Navy in the Mediterranean Sea (that we know of) sailed to Syria this morning while the invasion of Ukraine was unfolding' according to Defense analyst H I Sutton, writer for Naval News. Ukraine is also asking Turkey to cut its straits off to Russian vessels which would essentially be declaring economic war on Russia.

According to Naval News Russia reinforced the presence of its Navy in the Mediterranean a lot more than usual, which, according Naval News could be an outer defense layer for their naval operations in the Black Sea off of Ukraine. They also said it could be used to deter the involvement of NATO forces.

According to Naval News, the Russian Navy, including 'their major warships' did provide support in the Ukraine invasion, then were all sailing in 'close formation' and 'appeared' to be sailing to Tartus. Russia currently has a Naval base in Tartus, so it is likely assumed that is where they are headed.

Naval News called the Russian Naval formation 'unusual' and said that it was clearly visible with European Space Agency’s (ESA) satellite imagery. An image of the formation was taken by the Sentinel 2 satellite at 08:40 UTC today according to the news agency (Provided with due credit on our social media).

The news agency said the formation was only 0.9 miles across and 1.7 miles in length, which indicates that all ships are well within 'visual site' of one another. The satellite imagery showing the formation was taken as the Russian naval forces were already within Syrian waters and on a trajectory to the port of Tartus, Russia's naval base in Syria.

Naval News says that the concentration of Russian naval forces means that essentially the entire [visible] Russian Navy is located in one place whereas normally they would be operating in separate groups.

Naval News say they asses that 'it is likely' the ships might have separated once again into different groups, with some sailing to the Black Sea to 'support operations there' and would need to transit through the Bosporus Strait through waters claimed by Turkey which would be 'controversial'.

Entire Visible Russian Navy Sails To Syria In Midst Of Ukrainian War

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder if Russia is using cruise missiles to attack power plants, air bases, munitions plants?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Well the Original Article has this image:

Link to larger Picture

That article mentions that they would have air cover there by the Russian Base in Syria. S400s etc..
And could block NATO response like US Carriers.. Supposed in the same article.
edit on 24-2-2022 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengSuen
At the same time I can see the powerful Chinese navy securing Russia's far east against a possible Japanese invasion of the disputed Kurils.

China does not have a 'Powerful Navy'.

Stop deluding yourself before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengSuen
I wonder what are Chinese arms support to Russia? Most obvious should be HJ-12 anti tank missiles and Wing Loong 2 attack drones, considering Russia does not have fire and forget anti tank missiles and attack drones.

Ukraine BARELY has any tanks.

China would be wise to have zero contact with russia from this day forward.

You were warned.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: longtimelurker1

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Looks like the Ukrainians have retaken Hostomel airport. Russians running for the woods. Looks like some of the Russian troops don't have the stomach for the fight or were strategically outmaneuvered.

Russians landed helicopters at the airport.

Beyond DUMB.

Javelins are extremely effective against helicopters on the ground or at very low altitude.

Now russia doesn't have any in that region.

A Javelin also took out a parked AN 225, the world's largest aircraft, as it was preparing to take off.

Now russia doesn't have any of those either.

While the russian invaders are walking back to russia.

Under fire.

There IS only 1 AN225 in the world so I hope it has not been shot down as it's a beautiful ship.

That beautiful beast is currently burning on the ground in Ukraine.

AN-225 is history.

100 yards away from a large group of russian helicopters, that are also burning

Courtesy of Mr. Javelin.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Chief pilot says it is safe, just the hanger was destroyed

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Unverified reports that Russian Forces have taken Snake Island of Ukraine. Trying to find some verifiable sources.

Edit: Confirmed. I have seen the stories coming out of Snake Island... tragedy

Did you hear the audio of them telling the Russian ship to *uck off? Brave. All 13 dead. It's sad.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Didn't listen but I read the recap

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavscout11cav

Chief pilot says it is safe, just the hanger was destroyed

I also saw those reports.

From a pilot currently hundreds of miles away from his plane, in a country that has no current communications ability with the country the plane is sitting in.

I guess it's possible.

But the first report said it was destroyed outdoors while preparing to take off in an escape attempt, and that the mostly empty hanger was also heavily damaged.

If it still exists, then russia should post a current photo.

Otherwise there is zero reason to believe them about ANYTHING.

Also - If it does still exist, it would have been airborne more than 7 hours ago, and we would have footage of it landing somewhere by now.

edit on 24-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I agree. So many conflicting reports. Last I heard the Ukrainian military has control of the airport again but that's not 100%

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavscout11cav
I agree. So many conflicting reports. Last I heard the Ukrainian military has control of the airport again but that's not 100%

Reports said that they were rapidly regaining control of the airport when the 225 tried to escape and was destroyed.

I have seen images of russian helicopters burning on the ground from that battle, but just looked at them closely again, and don't see any signs of the 225, or any still standing buildings large enough to house it.

There were also 3rd party reports from the ground of russian survivors of that battle walking back to russia through a forest, while running from angry Ukrainian teens carrying rifles and axes.

Pics do not show the entire airport though.

edit on 24-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If you have twitter look up the audio of the snake island defenders, if thats true man.

Outnumbered and outgunned defenders were asked to surrender, dont know if the guy is an NCO or Officer but asked a soldier (I am assuming) near them, "This is it, should I tell them to go # themselves?" the other soldier replied "Just in case".

Boss soldier turned up the volume and told the russian warship to go # themselves, no matter what you think of either side got to admire the testicular fortitude to have that attitude when staring death in the face.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Very similar to the brave souls at Fort Sumpter that our national anthem is based on.

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join