It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
* - Israeli ambassador to Russia was summoned to the foreign ministry in Moscow over Israeli criticism of Russian invasion of Ukraine, Israeli official says

* - The NATO response has been activated force for the first time ever, says @jensstoltenberg. The NATO response force has tripled since 2014 to about 40K, it isn't all being activated - at least not right now

* - NATO deploying Response Force units- NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg

* - NATO Response Forces being activated for 1st time "to prevent any miscalculation, any misunderstanding that we are not ready to protect all allies" per @NATO's @jensstoltenberg Stoltenberg adds this is beyond Ukraine due to Russia demands NATO pull forces from alliance members

* - NATO to provide more weapons including air defense systems to Ukraine- NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg

* - One child killed, another in hospital as result of shelling earlier today in Okhtyrka

* - Air Defense active in Odesa

* - Ukraine's Zelensky posts a new video of himself and his team outside the presidential administration in Kyiv's government quarter after rumors in Russian media that he'd fled. "We are here. We are in Kyiv. We are defending Ukraine

* - Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak: The convoy with the ammunition that we hand over to Ukraine has already reached our neighbors. We support Ukrainians, we stand in solidarity and we firmly oppose Russian aggression

* - Fighting in Kharkiv ignited something big tonight, seen for miles.

* - A senior Pentagon official: The Russian forces advancing from Crimea were divided into two axes towards the cities of Kherson and Mariupol

* - The head of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Russia was excluded from the Council of Europe

* - British Foreign Office summoned Belarusian ambassador to London for Belarusian help to Russia in aggression against Ukraine

* - In Melitopol Russian army targeted hospital

* - U.S. military is preparing assembly areas to assist evacuees from Ukraine: senior defense official

* - DOD: As we see it right now, Ukrainian command and control is intact. General sense from what the US is seeing is Russia is not moving as fast on Kyiv as expected

* - U.S assesses Russia has committed third of forces around Ukraine to offensive, official says

* - Russian troops targeting Kharkiv with cluster ammunition. At least 3 cadets wounded

* - International Olympic Committee (IOC) urges all federations to cancel events in Russia or Belarus

* - Putin at Security Council accused Ukrainian military of deploying artillery systems in the cities "so we have to bomb them". Calls for military take over of the power

* - Russia vetoes draft UN resolution condemning its actions in Ukraine. 11 votes in favour. 3 abstentions including China, India and UAE

* - EU sanctions against Putin, Lavrov & other officials now in force. The relevant legal act was just published in EU Official Journal. The EU responds with these sanctions to Russia's invasion of Ukraine
edit on 25-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
US may be able to fight Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, but Russia and China are whole different ballgames. Let's see how this one goes.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder what they mean by "respond?"

Given Putin and his unstable mind he would probably invade.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengSuen
US may be able to fight Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, but Russia and China are whole different ballgames. Let's see how this one goes.

Well so far Russia is not meeting all their day 1 goals and have been turned back on several front... Russia is facing opposition they assumed did not exist.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I do wonder if Putin has some mental health issues.

I'm no Psychiatrist, but I'd go with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Sociopath or just plain old off his nut?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I'm no Psychiatrist, but I'd go with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Sociopath or just plain old off his nut?

He still thinks he runs the USSR and portrays the mindset that it is still 1980's. Kind of hard to respect a country when the leader is unstable and threatens other countries in a hissy fit
edit on 25-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
situation according to Russian MOD

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Russian artillery hammering Ukrainian defense positions near Mariupol

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That would lead to Mutually Assured Destruction

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

He still thinks he runs the USSR and portrays the mindset that it is still 1980's. Kind of hard to respect a country when the leader is unstable and threatens other countries in a hissy fit

Considering the Russian flag after 1991 is the same flag of the Russian empire, it's a no brainer.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Has Putin gone braindead. That pretty much guarantees Finland and Sweden will finally join NATO and, unlike Ukraine, they pretty much already meet NATO's requirements.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

That would lead to Mutually Assured Destruction

and Putin knows this and doesnt seem to care.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is the Near Peer battle scenarios the US military has been teaching soldiers/Marines for the last few years, the small proxy wars are done with.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well... To that, all I have left to say is, "Earth was cool..."

edit on 25-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Mental issues?

He's off his #ing trolley mate!
Honestly, I know that dead look in his eyes....there will be no reasoning with him.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Has Putin gone braindead. That pretty much guarantees Finland and Sweden will finally join NATO and, unlike Ukraine, they pretty much already meet NATO's requirements.

Thats what ive been saying (and some people in here ignore it). If Putin does not want NATO to expand then he should have joined NATO when he had the chance. By threatening his neighbors he is pushing them towards NATO.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Mental issues?

Honestly, I know that dead look in his eyes....there will be no reasoning with him.

The dude knows his country is the Coyote backed into a corner. They react or die.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I see Ukraine wants to change the venue from Minsk to Jerusalem... Biblical?

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett to host and help mediate negotiations between Ukraine and Russia, Ukraine's ambassador to Israel told CNN.

"Our president believes Israel is the only democratic state that has great relations with both Russia and Ukraine and that could be used in order to facilitate those negotiations," Yevgen Korniychuk told CNN Friday evening.
Korniychuk said Jerusalem is preferable to Minsk where previous talks took place because Belarus is a close ally of Russia, and Ukraine does not "believe in the legitimacy" of Belarus' current leader Alexander Lukashenko.

"(We) definitely need to change the venue and we believe Jerusalem could be a good place for that," Korniychuk said.

As for the Israeli response to the request, Korniychuk said they "neither agree or deny it, they're considering it, and that's a positive sign."

A spokesperson for Bennett would not comment further beyond the official read out issued about the call, which made no mention of the mediation request.

Zelensky asked Israeli PM to mediate negotiations with Russia, Ukrainian ambassador to Israel says

edit on 25-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: Freeborn

Mental issues?

The dude knows his country is the Coyote backed into a corner. They react or die.

except putin was never backed into a corner. Putins situation is all in his mind and of his own creation and the evidence bears that out.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You are right.

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join