It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 362
<< 359  360  361    363  364  365 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
* - Death toll of Russian missile strike on Mykolaiv regional administration increased to 7, 22 more wounded. Rescue operation continues

* - 12 dead, 33 wounded as result of Russian missile strike at Mykolaiv regional administration

* - Kharkivska Oblast(13:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

'TASS reports that a shell hit a military camp in Belgorod Region. According to the agency, four servicemen were wounded. Local authorities report no civilian casualties.'

Can't wait to hear the spin on this one.

Here are 2 different angles of the explosion-
They are saying it hit an ammo dump maybe.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

You don't see Russia getting bombed by a foriegn military very often...I can't remember one time in my whole life in fact.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you really want telegram links? You should first post your CNBC links in your update.

I have a crazy idea: why don't you find Telewizja Polska vid?

I say, video or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
From ISW:

The Russians have not yet abandoned their attacks on Kyiv, claims by Russian Defense Ministry officials notwithstanding.

Russian forces continued fighting to hold their forwardmost positions on the eastern and western Kyiv outskirts even as badly damaged units withdrew to Russia from elsewhere on the Kyiv and Chernihiv axes.

The Russian high command has likely concluded that it cannot seize Kyiv and may not be able to move artillery closer to the center of the city.

It may have decided to stop its previous practices of forcing units that have already taken devastating losses to continue hopeless offensive operations and of feeding individual battalion tactical groups into the battle as they become available rather than concentrating them to achieve decisive effects.

Russian officials are likely casting these decisions driven by military realities as overtures demonstrating Russia’s willingness to engage in serious ceasefire or peace negotiations, possibly to conceal the fact that they have accepted the failure of their efforts on the Kyiv axis.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Nah, I am just passing info. I won't go looking for videos.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

PM 4U

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
* - The Russian Air Force Is Losing Its Best Jets Over Ukraine

The Sukhoi Su-34 was supposed to change the Russian air force. The twin-engine, twin-seat, supersonic fighter-bomber—a highly-evolved variant of the Su-27 air-superiority fighter—promised to usher in a new era of high-tech, precision bombing.

Instead, the Su-34s have flown into Ukraine lugging the same old dumb bombs. A lack of precision-guided munitions—not to mention Russian doctrine that conceives of aircraft essentially as flying artillery—forces the $50-million warplanes to fly low through the thickest Ukrainian air-defenses in order to have any chance of delivering their bombs with any degree of accuracy.

As a result, Su-34s are falling from the sky in numbers that must be startling for air force commanders. Their newest planes are suffering the same fate as their oldest planes.
click link for article

* - Video Shows Russian Troop Anger at Ukraine War: 'What Are We Doing Here?'

Video has gone viral of apparently angry Russian soldiers complaining that they were ill-equipped and ordered to go into a region of Ukraine with no clear planning from Moscow.

The clip shows the troops in a military vehicle describing how they were members of the armed forces from Donbas, the eastern Ukrainian region at the center of a conflict with Kyiv-backed forces since 2014.

During the one minute 40-second video, the troops outline how they were heading to the Sumy region in northeastern Ukraine.

Several of them interrupt each other during the video, which is filled with expletives and refers to the 119th Division, 4th battalion and 1st and 2nd companies.

One said they were "ordinary workers," another said "we're kids" and that "they took us at 18 years old."
click link for article

* - Russia-Ukraine Peace Talks: Russia Willing To Let Ukraine Join EU If It Stays Out Of NATO, Report Says

Russia may allow Ukraine to join the European Union if it pledges to stay out of NATO, the Financial Times reported Monday, as Ukrainian officials express openness to a neutrality pledge as part of broader negotiations to end Russia’s invasion of the country.

Key Facts
Russian and Ukrainian negotiators are discussing a possible deal that would require Ukraine to be militarily neutral—barring it from joining NATO or hosting foreign bases—but let the country seek security guarantees from other countries and pursue EU membership, according to the Financial Times, which cited four unnamed sources.

Ukrainian politician and negotiator David Arakhamia told the newspaper these security guarantees could require countries like the United States to assist Ukraine if it is attacked, an arrangement he compared to NATO’s Article 5 collective defense rule.

Preliminary ceasefire discussions don’t include any demand that Ukraine’s government “demilitarize” or “denazify,” two of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s stated objectives when he ordered the invasion last month, the Financial Times reported.

Negotiators have met for ceasefire talks several times since Russia invaded, and they’re scheduled to meet again in Turkey on Tuesday.
click link for article

* - Russia Finally Rules Out Using Nuclear Weapons Over Ukraine War

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said Russia is not considering turning to nuclear weapons in the war in Ukraine, and reiterated Moscow's stance that the use of such capabilities would only follow a "threat for existence."

Peskov told PBS "no one is thinking about [...] using a nuclear weapon," and that the Ukrainian conflict has "nothing to do with" any threat to Russia's existence. The comments come a week after on CNN he repeatedly refused to rule out that Russia would consider nuclear force against an "existential threat."
click link for article

* - Roman Abramovich handed Putin a note from Zelenskyy seeking peace, but Putin replied 'tell him I will thrash them,' report says

The Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich handed Russian President Vladimir Putin a handwritten note from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy seeking peace, but Putin rejected it, The Times of London reported on Monday.

Abramovich met with Putin earlier this month in Moscow, where he was handed the note from Zelenskyy to give to Putin, The Times reported. Zelenskyy said Abramovich, who has been involved in the peace talks, had been trying to help.

According to the report, the note laid out the terms that Zelenskyy would accept to end the war, which started when Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.

But Putin was not convinced, saying, "Tell him I will thrash them," The Times reported.
click link for article

* - Western officials say Russian elites may start to 'point the finger at others' for the 'disastrous' Ukraine war

Russian elites will likely blame each other for Russia's "disastrous progress" in its more-than-month-long war with Ukraine, Western officials said on Tuesday.

"It's also likely that within the Russian system various elements are going to be blaming each other for the lack of success" in Ukraine, a Western official speaking on the condition of anonymity told reporters.

The official added, "People are going to be being quite defensive about their own failures, and I think, looking to point the finger at others."

Additionally, the official said, there has been "considerable evidence of unease about the way in which the invasion has panned out for Russia amongst the Russian elite broadly defined."

"The question as to who has ultimate power in this is in one sense an easy one to answer, and in one sense a difficult one," the official said. "In an easy sense, it's obviously only one man — and that is [Russian President] Vladimir Putin."
click link for article

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
* - Russian Forces Driven Away From Kyiv as Ukraine Regains Territory and Kills Top Commander

kraine’s military says they have “eliminated” another Russian colonel, adding to a long list of high-ranking Russian military personnel wiped out in Putin’s war against Ukraine.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces announced on Tuesday that Colonel Denis Kurilo, the commander of the 200th separate motorized rifle brigade, was killed outside Kharkiv.

Kurilo’s reported death, on the 34th day of the Kremlin’s “special operation,” comes after at least seven Russian generals were killed in Ukraine, according to both Ukrainian and Western officials.

It also comes as the Ukrainian military announced several territorial gains, with the northeastern town of Trostyanets liberated from Russian troops and several areas outside Kyiv reported back in the hands of Ukraine. The military said territories in the Chernihiv region were also liberated.

The mayor of the town of Irpin outside Kyiv—which has been decimated by Russian bombs as Putin’s troops sought a foothold over the Ukrainian capital—said Russian forces had been completely pushed out.

Authorities there have begun the grim task of clearing out the dead, he said, adding that some of the bodies of those killed by Russian troops had apparently been mined.
click link for article

edit on 29-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Apparently the peace talks ended today with no agreements. The Russian delegation said they will not be meeting Ukraine's delegates tomorrow. I think the peace talks are done given everything Putin keeps demanding. He is demanding things that he is unable to aquire on the battle field.

Zelenskyy also drew a line in the sand on territorial integrity and essentially said its not open for discussion any more.
edit on 29-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sad news.

The best outcome to hope for, would have been at the very least a ceasefire for continuing dialog. Here's to hoping people reverse course soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well, as it stands, unsubstantiated info. At least give people who want to believe the map, the chance to see the cited source.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Interesting video. He makes a lot of good points, though i might argue that Russia as a federation used to negotiate in (somewhat) good faith, i would say prior to GWB administration, and likely would again were it not for Putin himself. I think right now Putin will not allow good faith negotiations, and everything "agreed" upon right now by Putin, should be suspect.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I can't believe I'm wasting my time looking it up for you but... I can't find any vids... bec there isn't any?.. bec, maybe, it's fake?!

Same picture circulating the internet with posters rebuffing the questions. Hmmmm...

While it's easy to rush to conclusions, the most striking thing for me is your lazy 'arguments'. If you want to be believed, you should at least sound like you believe it yourself.

Just saying...

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Sad news.

The best outcome to hope for, would have been at the very least a ceasefire for continuing dialog. Here's to hoping people reverse course soon.

I think Robert Terkla from the videos I post everyday may be on to something. In today's video he said a ceasefire isn't always a good thing. He thinks Russia wants one because of how spread out and losing ground they are. They need time to regroup and resupply. A ceasefire at this juncture may actually hurt Ukraine, if that is why they're calling for one.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Sad news.

I think Robert Terkla from the videos I post everyday may be on to something. In today's video he said a ceasefire isn't always a good thing. He thinks Russia wants one because of how spread out and losing ground they are. They need time to regroup and resupply. A ceasefire at this juncture may actually hurt Ukraine if that is why they're calling for one.

I agree Russians are losing ground as they are too spread out to be effective. This is evident by the fact Ukraine has taken territory it lost in 2014. Ukraine's best option right now would be to continue to encircle Russian troops and starve them out.

A ceasefire with a group you cant trust namely vladolf just allows him to regroup and counterattack by trying to keep his land bridge to Crimea.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Red colour: Alert; Blue: No Alert; Grey: No info.
Twitter

Speculations grow that it is, possibly, a tactical measure to shield Russian forces while they redeploy & re-position.

Reported also here and here.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Ukrainian journalist Nika Melkozerova says that nights in Kyiv, Ukraine, are the worst.

Her video diary shows us what life in the capital city has become.

Video link

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
worth watching as it explains why people from Belarus are fighting for Ukraine,

Ad i see this as proof there are people in Russia working against Putin I mean vladolf. Someone in Russian intelligence sent Ukraine a lot of information

edit on 3/29/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The guy that runs Ukrainian intelligence sent out a warning a day or 2 ago warning the Kremlin that they are everywhere, even inside the Kremlin. Normally id take it as a psy-op move to make Putin even more paranoid but now i'm thinking there might be some truth to the warning given.

top topics

<< 359  360  361    363  364  365 >>

join