It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: meiosismb

You are just splitting hairs.

Would you prefer Ukraine to be defenceless in this war of invasion?

I think you are being disingenuous, Ukraine enjoyed 2.5 Billion in cash support from USA every year since 2014 in addition to being armed with NATO weapons and their military being trained by NATOs finest.

Hardly a defenceless nation, Ukraine has one of
Europes largest armies.

Besides arent they currently “decimating” russian forces, killing 10:1 ratio?
From updates in this thread.

Which is it exactly?
edit on 13-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
March 1st 2022 - Shocking Lessons U.S. Military Leaders Learned by Watching Putin's Invasion

Russia's military is weak and backwards.

Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine produced this paradigm-shifting surprise—one that should transform the West's view of Russia's prowess, the threat that the country represents, and the Kremlin's future in the global arena.

After just one day of fighting, Russia's ground force lost most of its initial momentum, undermined by shortages of fuel, ammunition and even food, but also because of a poorly trained and led force. Russia began to compensate for the weaknesses of its land army with more long-range air, missile and artillery strikes. And President Putin resorted to a nuclear threat—a reaction, U.S. military experts say, to the failure of Moscow's conventional forces to make quick progress on the ground.

U.S. intelligence is beginning to observe desertions on the part of Russian soldiers and increasing reports of soldiers refusing to fight.

Gee I wonder if thats why they are using Chechens and Syrians?

click link for entire article

edit on 13-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
More robots.

A ZALA KYB loitering munition was downed in Kyiv. This is the first known evidence of loitering munitions being used in the conflict. These systems have proven to be decisive in recent wars and are extremely challenging to reliably defend against.

www.thedrive.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is discussed the tech problems caused by sanctions, Figure a complete collapse of the Russian economy in 6 to 8 weeks.

This discusses why they havnt gained air superiority.

edit on 3/13/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hard to be sure as an outside observer, but it looks like Ivan Everyman isn't very excited about fighting in Putin's war.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Any chance of posting sources?

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
US, China officials to meet as tensions mount over Russia

President Joe Biden is sending his national security adviser for talks with a senior Chinese official in Rome on Monday as concerns grow that China is amplifying Russian disinformation in the Ukraine war and may help Russia evade punishment from economic sanctions.

The talks between national security adviser Jake Sullivan and senior Chinese foreign policy adviser Yang Jiechi will center on “efforts to manage the competition between our two countries and discuss the impact of Russia’s war against Ukraine on regional and global security,” said Emily Horne, speaking for the White House national security council.

The White House has accused Beijing of spreading false Russian claims that Ukraine was running chemical and biological weapons labs with U.S. support. U.S. officials said China was attempting to provide cover for a potential biological or chemical weapons attack on Ukrainians by the Russian military.

I bet that's not all they dicuss. Taiwan will be on the table too, but I digress.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm standing in solidarity with Ukraine --- "Alga!" (Ukrainian battle cry)

Ukrainian Heavy Metal Band - Ignea - Alga

Feel free to weep...

Lyrics to Alga

edit on 13-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added vid

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of critical thinking that massing that number of troops and armour on Ukraines border was a prelude to an invasion.

Which is exactly what happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Correct.

Countries stage maneuvers near their frontiers to advertise their military competence. But massing troops on a frontier means only one thing: war is imminent.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Any chance of posting sources?

www.defensepriorities.org...

www.rand.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

US Journalist Killed In Ukraine By Russian Forces

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of critical thinking that massing that number of troops and armour on Ukraines border was a prelude to an invasion.

Which is exactly what happened.

I haven’t seen much critical thinking going on, or posting of sources wherever I have recently ventured.

Seen a lot of ignorance and biased propaganda though.

On one side, I am hearing that its OKAY for USA to deploy nuclear capable missiles near to Russias borders as well as troops.

But its NOT okay for Russia to conduct massive military exercises in their own territory.

Its a shame that condemnation is not spread evenly and even worse, the wrong things are condemned today.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

"But its NOT okay for Russia to conduct massive military exercises in their own territory."

Things have rather moved on since then.

Like Russia has since launched a full scale military invasion aka "War".

Not sure why you are ignoring that?

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
An Egyptian footballer has called out western media Double standards on Ukraine news coverage

Stating that several other regions in the world are suffering atrocities and oppression but because it does not server the current narrative of the media it is ignored.

youtube.com...

His thoughts are echoed by Irish MP

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

"But its NOT okay for Russia to conduct massive military exercises in their own territory."

Things have rather moved on since then.

Like Russia has since launched a full scale military invasion aka "War".

Not sure why you are ignoring that?

That was out of scope for the discussion we were having regarding the time period when the troops were amassed in Russia territory and what could be concluded at that time.

Every country is free to conduct military exercises in their own territory.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

"Seen a lot of ignorance and biased propaganda though."

Indeed.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Again, things rapidly moved on from that.

As was bleedin obvious to anyone.

Why ignore that?

link   

Indeed.

At least ive provided links when asked. And when ive not been asked. Not pointing fingers, but I’m out here backing my claims with supporting evidence.

When the former US secretary of defence is echoing the same thoughts I have, I feel a lot less paranoid about my thoughts on the Ukraine Russia conflict, maybe you should too.

link   

Indeed.

At least ive provided links when asked. And when ive not been asked. Not pointing fingers, but I’m out here backing my claims with supporting evidence.

When the former US secretary of defence is echoing the same thoughts I have, I feel a lot less paranoid about my thoughts on the Ukraine Russia conflict, maybe you should too.

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join