It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We had a geezer on the Sky TV this morning. He was in somewhere in Hungary taking refugees into buildings across the border.

I don't know if he is real or not but claimed to be the chief rabbi of Kiev. He was a Yank sounded New Yorker so maybe take what he was saying with a pinch of salt as it might be propaganda by the MSM.

What he did state was refugees were being killed as they escape or attempt it to Hungary. Massacres on the road blocks by Russian forces. They shoot up everything on the roads to kill. Instant fire at refugees.

Sounds pretty bad out there, who knows what to believe any more?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
We had a geezer on the Sky TV this morning. He was in somewhere in Hungary taking refugees into buildings across the border.

I don't know if he is real or not but claimed to be the chief rabbi of Kiev. He was a Yank sounded New Yorker so maybe take what he was saying with a pinch of salt as it might be propaganda by the MSM.

What he did state was refugees were being killed as they escape or attempt it to Hungary. Massacres on the road blocks by Russian forces. They shoot up everything on the roads to kill. Instant fire at refugees.

Sounds pretty bad out there, who knows what to believe any more?

Don't believe Sky News would be a good start.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: McGinty

IMO, Everyone is so concerned about here&now because one of the ways "for Putin to leave", takes all of us with him.

My concern is that Ukraine is the tip of the iceberg concerning WW3. The problem is subject to the U.S. involvement in the coming broader European war. But either way, one slices the strategic sandwich, the risks of Chinese military aggression increase. Also, the Biden admin is emboldening Iran in the Middle East.

So, I do not doubt that Putin's regime is doomed in the long term. But like with the demise of the Axis powers, the butcher's bill and scale of destruction are profoundly concerning.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

My uncle and his partner travelled from Marganets to Dnipro then to Lviv to the western border without incident and it took them a week .

No sight of Russian forces or mention of Russians ambushing evacuation convoys

sounds like propaganda to me

edit on 11-3-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Roxan14 French awacs flying loops over north west France ?
Just below Cherbourg peninsular. Not something I’ve seen before

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It true Sapi all this propaganda coming out of the MSM who knows what to believe anymore. Glad your rels made it to safety, crazy days. That Dnipo place in the news this morning, Vlad's shelled it or something

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

No sight of Russian forces or mention of Russians ambushing evacuation convoys

sounds like propaganda to me

Then why the need to evacuate mate?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Know where youre coming from . Never been the same since they installed Kay Burley. The talk of WMD this morning too, I don't know but I swear I heard this one before somewhere in my youth

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

well the Russians took control of the reactor south of marganets over the river
the day before after they started to leave

so they didnt want to risk staying any longer in case conflict spilled across the river and marganets was shelled or whatever

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Russia-made military drone crashes in Croatian capital

An unmanned aerial vehicle of military design fell in the Jarun area of southwest Zagreb on Thursday night (10 March), according to the Croatian government, who added that police and military were investigating.

Local media on Friday quoted military aviation experts as saying the device could have been a Soviet-era Tu-141 reconnaissance drone used by Ukraine.

However, Markiyan Lubkyivskiy, Ukraine Minister of Defence advisor, told Jutarnji list, EURACTIV’s media partner, that the aircraft that fell in Zagreb is not Ukrainian. In addition, it is believed to have entered Croatian airspace from Hungary.

As soon as the drone was noticed, the relevant structures were notified. After entering the country from Hungary, they identified that it travelled west at a speed of 700 kilometres per hour at the height of 1,300 metres.

A criminal investigation is underway in coordination with the security and defence system. Other measures are being taken, including international cooperation, particularly with the NATO alliance, to determine the circumstances of the incident, a government press release said.

Link

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Since people have been bitching about sources here are headlines from RT.

* - WHO advised Kiev to destroy disease-causing pathogens – media

The World Health Organization (WHO) has reportedly told Kiev to dispose of dangerous research materials kept in laboratories around the country to prevent the pathogens from being leaked or “accidentally” released.

The UN agency revealed the details behind its recommendation to Ukraine in statements to Reuters and Russia’s TASS news agency on Friday.

“As part of this work, WHO has strongly recommended to the Ministry of Health in Ukraine and other responsible bodies to destroy high-threat pathogens to prevent any potential spills,” the UN agency stated, as quoted by Reuters. It specified neither the nature of materials that should be destroyed, nor the date when it gave the advice.

As I was loading another article from RT I got a 403 forbidden error. For those that want humor go over to RT and read their headlines and the articles. I see now where US media got the "anonymous sources" bs excuses.

Here is the reuters article with the same quote so RT isn't being used to paint this as tainted goods.

www.reuters.com...

In response to questions from Reuters about its work with Ukraine ahead of and during Russia's invasion, the WHO said in an email that it has collaborated with Ukrainian public health labs for several years to promote security practices that help prevent "accidental or deliberate release of pathogens."

"As part of this work, WHO has strongly recommended to the Ministry of Health in Ukraine and other responsible bodies to destroy high-threat pathogens to prevent any potential spills," the WHO, a United Nations agency, said.

edit on 11-3-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

There is no doubt armies of NATO countries are on the ground
Pushed through loopholes in Ukrainian law.
Russia sees this as an existential threat and won’t back down.
The only hope is that Putin is overthrown or Zelinsky capitulates
At this point, I don’t see this ending while he’s in power without a nuclear or biological release.
edit on amFridayFriday20900000003am3 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

My uncle was prepared to bunker down though, he had his defenses all ready and his alcoholic beverages for his Russian guests .

Our entire family convinced him to flee though , he is a stubborn auld yin , typical Scot , never happy always complaining , always on the receiving end of some drama hahaha

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

As long as he and his partner are safe mate....there's many who aren't.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, there's this

Russia on Thursday accused the United States of funding research into the development of biological weapons in Ukraine, as Moscow stepped up its campaign to gain control of key Ukrainian cities.

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in a televised briefing that "the purpose of this — and other Pentagon-funded biological research in Ukraine — was to establish a mechanism for the stealthy spread of deadly pathogens."

And also this

The UN Security Council will hold an emergency meeting Friday on alleged manufacture of biological weapons in Ukraine at the request of Moscow, whose credibility on chemical weapons was questioned during a session on Syria.

What, exactly, do you think sticks out to people in that? Do you think it's "biological labs used to treat biological hazards should they appear"? Or do you think it's "WEAPONS"?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer, but it is what the Russian people are being fed.
edit on 11-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ukraine accuses Russia of firing at Belarusian village from Ukrainian air space

Ukraine has accused Russian aircraft of firing at a Belarusian settlement near the border from Ukrainian air space in an attempt to drag Belarus into the war in Ukraine.

The Ukrainian air force said that at 2.30pm local time (12.30pm GMT), the state border service received information that Russian aircraft had taken off from an airfield in Belarus, crossed into Ukrainian air space and then fired at Kopani, a village in Belarus, reports Reuters.

“This is a PROVOCATION! The goal is to involve the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus in the war with Ukraine!,” Ukraine’s Air Force Command said in an online statement.

Link

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

aye he said as much himself , im sure some of his partners extended family have been caught up in all of this , and his in laws from his sons marriage to a Ukrainian girl , so double extended Ukrainian family.

he said that on his refugee travels to the western border he saw many young Ukrainian men leaving their partners with their kids and pregnant wives and girlfriends to go back into the warzone.

such a #e state of affairs

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

After close examination of the visual evidence, The War Zone strongly believes this was actually a Tu-141 "Strizh" reconnaissance drone that must have severely malfunctioned and crossed over the entirety of Hungary or parts of neighboring countries and into Croatia from Ukraine. Flying direct from Ukraine's border to Zagreb is nearly a 350-mile journey. It has been reported that Ukraine has been putting the high-speed, Soviet-era drones to work in recent days following Russia's invasion of the country. Ukraine is the only known current operator of the Tu-141.

www.thedrive.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Illusion Warfare Report:
The Road to Ukraine.

War Fakery In Kiev - A British National Travels
To Kiev To Find It Is Quiet And That There Seem To
Be Staged Media Movie Style Sets Everywhere

edit on 3112022 by MetalThunder because: THink For Yourself

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Putin appears to be truly unhappy with the FSB in Ukraine: he attacked the 5 Service SOiMS (FSB's foreign Intelligence branch). Sergei Beseda, head of the Service, and his deputy Bolukh, head of the DOI, placed under house arrest, according to my sources inside.

twitter.com...

FWIW

Cheers

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join