It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

No, it sure isnt.

Id then point to a cultural problem. Folks who dont read, follow up, critical think, etc.

Also, i find it abhorrent that media can print lies ( known or unknown) and arent aomehow burdened with the responsibility of correcting them.

Contrary, perhaps the rights enahrined in the constitution are no longer valued by many Americans. Well, aside from picking and choosing based on political expedience.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
DOD Secretary John Kirby Holds Press Briefing | LIVE

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: JinMI

They exist, in some fashion, and are also partisan.

Snopes
Politifact
Newsguard

Not quite what youre talking about but the pitfalls are obvious.

The whole reason we have free speech and press is because we simply can not trust anyone as arbiter.

I dont disagree.

But what we've got now isn't working either, as it stands people also dont trust their neighbor or the free press either.

Some of saw this coming, including you.

Political actions have consequences.

These are some of those consequences we've been warning everyone about from rooftops.

That stage is now over, the war has already started.

No choice but to fight with what we have.

Same as any other war.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

They exist, in some fashion, and are also partisan.

Snopes
Politifact
Newsguard

Not quite what youre talking about but the pitfalls are obvious.

The whole reason we have free speech and press is because we simply can not trust anyone as arbiter.

I dont disagree.

But what we've got now isn't working either, as it stands people also dont trust their neighbor or the free press either.

This is the different kind of a warfare we're are talking about. Information is power. It's impressive how many info websites since this started employed anti ddos protection.

Can I just suggest Putin's side to go and take videos of people that are being happily liberated. Get some interviews. The pictures of Nazi saluting Ukranians or sth.

Fight fire with fire they say. Give us at least some benefit of a doubt. Zelensky is wining this one 99.9%. Lots of catch up to do, comrades.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No, it sure isnt.

Id then point to a cultural problem. Folks who dont read, follow up, critical think, etc.

Also, i find it abhorrent that media can print lies ( known or unknown) and arent aomehow burdened with the responsibility of correcting them.

Contrary, perhaps the rights enahrined in the constitution are no longer valued by many Americans. Well, aside from picking and choosing based on political expedience.

Excellent points.

Which were obviously well understood by russia, because russia obviously put those facets of human nature front and center in their long running propaganda/psych efforts.

(post by PatriotGames4u removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I remember when they told us it would be two weeks to curb the spread...does anyone really think this is not just the beginning?

What has happened here with the invasion is what some we would call alarmists have been talking about in these forums about how it will come to fruition and by that I mean WW3.

There is no backing out or backing down at this point. Wonder what Chinas troop deployments look like right now?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Somebody has to point out how fake it all is

Russian tank that ran over a civilian car in Kyiv was a Strela-10 Ukrainian air defense system. NOT Russian.

2) Photos of Zelenskyy in military garb with a helmet on are from a 2021 Ukrainian border inspection trip.

3) The “Ghost of Kyiv” MiG-19 shooting down a Russian Su-35 was from a Digital Combat Simulator animation.

4) The “Ghost of Kyiv” identitified as Samuyil Hyde is actually a pic of SAM HYDE, an internet prankster.

5) Photo of two children (girl in pink with teddy bear, boy saluting) watching convoy pass, are from 2016.

6) The photos of a woman saying goodbye to her man, going off to fight Putin’s Russians IS FROM A MOVIE.

7) Snake Island “martyrs” actually were NOT killed, and a video shows all 82 being transported to Sevastopol.

8) “Her Blood Is On His Hands” old lady photos that were on the front pages of The Sun, The Mirror, and The Guardian are actually images from years ago.

You know what, you are correct about some of these. God, you had to dig to find some though. Tabloid media is lazy with their sources so they used any pics they have found of Zelensky on the internet.

I think I found your source. I hope you don't mind that I will post it here... as you didn't provide one.
I can only say, tell me who are your friends, I will tell you who you are.

Correct me please, if I'm wrong, but has anyone even mentioned this one on this thread?

Photo of two children (girl in pink with teddy bear, boy saluting) watching convoy pass, are from 2016

There are HUNDREDS of these fake things going around. People will do anything for their likes. You try to look for sources, sometimes the truth doesn't come out in an instant though. You can jump to conclusions too quick, you're a human, with emotions. However, most of these things are getting debunked easily. Like the footage that actually was from 2014 conflict with burning soldiers beside the road.

Now, can you, please, debunk bombings of civilian buildings, Ukrainians blocking the Russian convoys, Russian soldiers deserting, if you can. I would really appreciate this. Want my old sad world back.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I remember when they told us it would be two weeks to curb the spread...does anyone really think this is not just the beginning?

What has happened here with the invasion is what some we would call alarmists have been talking about in these forums about how it will come to fruition and by that I mean WW3.

There is no backing out or backing down at this point. Wonder what Chinas troop deployments look like right now?

Spot. On.

YOU understand.

The time for goofing around and entertaining putin's propaganda is over.

Winter has already arrived.

Nobody should be trying to make it any worse by starting redecorating efforts now.

It's too late for that.

edit on 2-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Russia's war: What are cluster bombs and thermobaric weapons?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Word!

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Reminder....

This is the topic:

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

Let's please stick to that topic. No trolling, bickering, mud slinging or chest thumping......
Please use the Private Message system for Chit Chat.

You are responsible for your own posts.
Ignoring this responsibility could include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have just lurked these forums for a few years. But decided to join today to ask whatever happened to RussianTroll. I would often read him romanticizing communism, and Putin's dictatorship. He even recently suggested that outside forces should take control of the United States away from Biden.

I looked into his last thread a short story about the taste of war after he wrote that he disappeared. It was on 2/24/22 the same day Russia invaded Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Ukraine apparently has a new saint: St. Javelin

I think it makes a nice tattoo.
edit on 2-3-2022 by wordforword because: realisation

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
I have just lurked these forums for a few years. But decided to join today to ask whatever happened to RussianTroll. I would often read him romanticizing communism, and Putin's dictatorship. He even recently suggested that outside forces should take control of the United States away from Biden.

I looked into his last thread a short story about the taste of war after he wrote that he disappeared. It was on 2/24/22 the same day Russia invaded Ukraine.

Good eye.

We always new

Welcome aboard the USS ATS!

(Unlimited Silly Stuff?)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Man, Putin is laying some serious waste to Kharkiv. At least according to all the "fake" videos coming from the phones on the ground there. DAMN those Ukrainians are good at faking wartime footage! I recommend spots for all of them on Hollywood special effects teams ASAP.

The world is fake. You are fake. Fake fake fake everything. I did not write this post, it too is fake.

Europe will stand by and enjoy the fake videos after thousands more die in Kyiv. Why should they do anything? After all, the videos were all faked.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Man, Putin is laying some serious waste to Kharkiv. At least according to all the "fake" videos coming from the phones on the ground there. DAMN those Ukrainians are good at faking wartime footage! I recommend spots for all of them on Hollywood special effects teams ASAP.

The world is fake. You are fake. Fake fake fake everything. I did not write this post, it too is fake.

Europe will stand by and enjoy the fake videos after thousands more die in Kyiv. Why should they do anything? After all, the videos were all faked.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Both are true as far as I can tell.

Russia DID go way overboard in Kharkiv.

AND

Ukrainians there ARE very skilled (training and intent is obvious to all) at using accurate but deceptively incomplete video to benefit Ukrainian efforts against russia.

It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
external UN approves resolution to condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine. The United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly voted to reprimand Russia for invading Ukraine and demand Moscow to withdraw its military forces. The resolution passed in a rare emergency session which was called by the U.N. Security Council.

Anyone else reminded of the famous line from Monty pythons life of Brian ?

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join