It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Fake News Surrounding Ukraine is OTT. Should Journalists be Charged with Disinformation?
brandnewtube.com...
Extraordinary levels of BS

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

these are Russian kids in prison for protesting against war.

God, this makes me angry. On the other hand, is it really wise to include the kids in the Russian protests like this?

Video link

Also:

Residents of #Energodar stood on the road to prevent the occupants from passing.

Local residents of #Energodar have blocked the road and will not let the occupants pass. (drone footage, massive crowds).

Twitter link to the videos

The people in #Kherson do not meet invaders with flowers.

Video

In #Starobilsk, region #Luhansk people came out to block the advance of the occupants' military equipment.

Video link

those kids were there because they were taken with their parents when they visited ukrainian embassy - read the comments maybe, or use google translate?

they went home. one has to be an idiot to take his kids out in such circumstances.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Gen. Petraeus (Ret.): "I don't think Russia can win this war."

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Captive Russian soldiers Tell How They Ended Up In Ukraine

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

translation: you're naive.

do you seriously think ukrainian army would help a russian soldier, while they're at the same time murdering their own civilians (azov battalion), or just straight killing each other on the streets of kiev (civilian wannabe gangstas that got weapons from their government)?

azov battalion preventing civilians from fleeing mariupol (which they control)
morons with guns
this one's from RT, so sure, propaganda - just like yours. if you can't avoid propaganda, at least watch both sides and THEN decide what's true and what isn't

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Was working on my gif:

I promise, I can change. я люблю Путина. Russian is my favorite kind of music. Please, don't hack my computer.

You know what, no, this doesn't sound like me. I'll stick with what I've said before and if somebody will debunk all this (preferably providing sources), I will apologize and say, I was very wrong. That's what grown ups do.

Trust me, I lurk in many places. Yes, this war has many interests from the wrong kind of people. That might be another reason why it can escalate and last for a while. War is money.

If you are talking about unrest in Donbas, then, yes, long time before this war Donbas had problems. They made a tv series about Ukrainians coming to Russian houses and killing whole families because UKRAINIANS WERE NAZIS THERE. The tv series were famously cancelled.
Putin annexed Crimea and is bombarding the whole Ukraine. Are we weighing here the hearts against the feather of Maat or what?

For the future, I would suggest to just ignore me. You know, deprive me from all the attention. Cause that's what I am going to do to you.

Piece

edit on 2-3-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

People believe russian teevee propaganda?

Funny.

Sad.

But funny.

edit on 2-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why Biden Hit A Nerve With Threat To Seize Russian Oligarchs' Yachts

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
The Fake News Surrounding Ukraine is OTT. Should Journalists be Charged with Disinformation?
brandnewtube.com...

YES.

But they have constitutional protection in the U.S.

Other countries not so much.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

brandnewtube.com...

YES.

But they have constitutional protection in the U.S.

Other countries not so much.

They also have democracy.

In USA you are free to write about wrongs USA does. In communist Russia, you are also free to write about wrongs USA does.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So after a week of War tell me how this isn't going to turn into WW3 I've been looking for the light but it's only getting worse by the day Russia is messing with Sweden and Finland they just had fighter jets violate Swedish airspace . Chani cheering on it's Russian counter part like cheer leaders on the side line ...

This is the beginning of WW3

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

These Maps Explain Why Putin Is Invading Ukraine

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

God, I hit your nerve.

those kids were there because they were taken with their parents when they visited ukrainian embassy - read the comments maybe, or use google translate?

I've got tired of reading RT, thanks for taking over.

one has to be an idiot to take his kids out in such circumstances.

I am surprised about this coming from you. I CAN'T AGREE MORE. It looks like the kids were used to fast track to the news.

P.S.: Putin is still attacking Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

brandnewtube.com...

There's something i've been promoting for years, which never really gained much traction in those who read it, but let me give you some background as it especially applies here, when the whole world has a stake in accurate reporting.

In the automotive service field there is ASE certification and SAE standardization; in the IT field there is ANSI standardization and (for instance in e-commerce) there are companies like Verisign - you remember the Powered by Verisign logos to ensure your card was being used in accordance with all applicable laws and genuinely.

Well, my suggestion for the field of journalism is that there should be a Standards and Certification authority that any credible journalistic efforts should subscribe to - globally - to ensure that it is fact based and fact driven. All else can summarily be labeled as "Fake News" out of hand. This would not encroach upon the First amendment and the right to free press, i mean free press is important for a democratic constitutional republic as another check and balance against the power structure.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but i get truly tired of the constant "your source sucks because its [insert f____d up assertion followed by exactly the same]". I would like to know that when i cite a source, it's credibility cannot reasonably be questioned without having to spend more time arguing as to it's veracity for far longer than the original point i wanted to make.
edit on 2-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Agree with this 100%

The only problem is that so far the "fact checkers" have turned out to be more like opinion enforcers. Would be nice to have a similar setup with zero opinion involved, people who would crack open books and make irrefutable assertions of fact. Not one based on ideology, but objective fact

What we get now is circular reporting, ideological tests and more. Its dividing this country in ways some people are still very much so in denial of. Two Americas are forming and it can't possibly stop until there is a reckoning for the past lies and a way to ensure liars can not continue to tear the country apart for their own backwards political ambitions

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They exist, in some fashion, and are also partisan.

Snopes
Politifact
Newsguard

Not quite what youre talking about but the pitfalls are obvious.

The whole reason we have free speech and press is because we simply can not trust anyone as arbiter.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Two Americas are forming and it can't possibly stop until there is a reckoning for the past lies and a way to ensure liars can not continue to tear the country apart for their own backwards political ambitions

For sure! I'm right there with you

It's almost precisely what gives someone like Putin agency to think he can steamroll over the US with impunity.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Last Call To The World By Zelensky!

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They exist, in some fashion, and are also partisan.

Snopes
Politifact
Newsguard

Not quite what youre talking about but the pitfalls are obvious.

The whole reason we have free speech and press is because we simply can not trust anyone as arbiter.

I dont disagree.

But what we've got now isn't working either, as it stands people also dont trust their neighbor or the free press either.
edit on 2-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join