It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
(post by TylerDurden33 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: justsomerandomdude
a reply to: vonclod

because normally when someone is blunt like i was you get immediate hate for it... aka rage... i was just hoping to avoid it with my statement... you know reverse psychology.. but i guess that dont work here...

and you too man have a great new years!

Just be straight up here, we all can disagree, but seldom does it include any rage. And it's ok to disagree, if everyone just agree'd, it might be boring, and even disagreeing, there is some common ground to be found..usually.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You're the one who said we know how to handle it.

This demonstrated that even under what should be the best of conditions, our precautions still don't work. But that's the definition of insanity - repeating the same things over and over and telling yourself it'll work this time.

Yes, disease is scary because it reminds us that we really don't rule the planet, and that's an interesting thing to bring up when we discuss climate change because it applies there as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've been happily masking up where necessary. Doesn't bother me much. The Asian communities have been masking up for decades. I find it Amazing that small children have adapted already and can tell that you're smiling at them by your eyes.
Being asked to wear a mask isn't a big deal to me. It's not even a "slippery slope" type of deal. I've got plenty of issues with the powers that be, but this anti mask BS isn't the hill that I'm taking a stand on. To me, it's inconsequential and many of the anti maskers doth protest too much in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

agree 100%.. Im just so use to dealing with that "type".. I gota learn this forums culture still..
edit on 1-1-2022 by justsomerandomdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This demonstrated that even under what should be the best of conditions, our precautions still don't work. But that's the definition of insanity - repeating the same things over and over and telling yourself it'll work this time.

Yes, disease is scary because it reminds us that we really don't rule the planet, and that's an interesting thing to bring up when we discuss climate change because it applies there as well.

Ahem. I just posted a link. Never said what you claim.

Climate change? Yeah, change the subject.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ahem. I just posted a link. Never said what you claim.

Climate change? Yeah, change the subject.

"After two years, we now know this virus well,” he wrote. “We know the proven measures to control transmission: mask use, avoiding crowds, maintaining physical distancing, practicing hand and respiratory hygiene, opening windows for ventilation, testing and contact tracing. We know how to treat the disease it causes and improve the chances of survival for people suffering serious illness. With all these learnings and capacities, the opportunity to turn this pandemic around for good is in our grasp.”

This is the specific quote you pulled. If you didn't believe it, you would not have highlighted it out of everything else in the link. It says exactly what I've claiming it does - that with the measures they've been forcing on the public at large, the virus can be controlled.

If they cannot control it in Antarctica with a limited population of highly trained individuals, then it cannot be controlled in the general public.

This is generally a major failing of public policy. They take a program that was successful on a limited basis in a smaller setting and population and then assume it can be applied to the public at large and it fails, but in this case, we see that it didn't even work in the smaller, much more controlled setting.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
I've been happily masking up where necessary. Doesn't bother me much. The Asian communities have been masking up for decades. I find it Amazing that small children have adapted already and can tell that you're smiling at them by your eyes.
Being asked to wear a mask isn't a big deal to me. It's not even a "slippery slope" type of deal. I've got plenty of issues with the powers that be, but this anti mask BS isn't the hill that I'm taking a stand on. To me, it's inconsequential and many of the anti maskers doth protest too much in my eyes.

"Anit-Mask" isn't a thing. We were here before masks. You're just Anti-Face.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AverageWang

Masks have been common in Asian countries since Sars 2002.

Wrong. I was in Kunming visiting family in 2019 and not a single person wore a mask.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would probably wear a mask for something like the bubonic plague. But for this what is essentially posh flu? Seems a bit silly.

Did I wear a mask during the great UK winter flu epidemics of Jan/Dec 1999? Nope. Both more deaths than during the same period with this covid nonsense.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

So…you would insist that doctors and nurses NOT wear any mask when you are on the table in an operating room… no problem right??… put your money where your mouth is sparky, and insist that all of your republican friends refuse the masks when they are being operated on.

Do surgeons walk out the room then stuff the mask into their pocket for later reuse with the next patients? Do they buy them off wish.com or Karen who sells homemade ones on fb?

You could get away with no masks in the operating theater, what with everything else being sanitised and sterilised nowadays. It's just belt and braces or litigious reasons, probably.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AverageWang

I'd say 99% of the population doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

99% of the population have not been fit tested, thus negating the efficacy of masks.

People wearing masks are often touching their faces before and after donning masks, negating the efficacy of masks.

Masks are a symbol of obedience and virtue signaling.

You’re wrong, many studies have been done and they show wearing masks prevented more illness then no masks… and this is old news. Deliberate ignorance does not indicate factual knowledge.

Then provide sources.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Because it doesn’t work.
Modern science would have already proven the fact that masks work decades ago if they did.
Has this site truly been troll infiltrated or are posters this foolish? a reply to: AverageWang

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Watched the second video down in this link.

drbyrambridle.com...

Now tell me why I should. It’s up to those that are demanding them to prove they work, not for me to prove they don’t. By Dr Byram explains it better than I could.

The entire rapid testing fiasco is a mess too. It’s in the same video.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

I thought it was a slippery slope from the beginning mask mandates were mentioned.
conditioning to obeying government(similar to you're going to hell if you don't repent; i.e. fear)
1. wear mask so you won't get invisible sickness
2. social distance from others- no contact
3. stay home, only essential
4. emergency vaccine won't be forced on all, just take it
5. penalties for not being vaccinated
6. another shot is needed and maybe(probably) a "booster"
7. penalties for not being double shot and/or boostered
8. 4th shot or 2nd(3rd?)booster necessary for fully vaccinated status
9. ... more to come

When you put all the pieces together, the puzzle becomes quite clear, unless you're as dense or bigoted as Randy from South Park's Wheel of Fortune episode.

(post by TylerDurden33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx just because you say so doesn’t make it true. In fact the one they used to enforce mandates in elementary school their conclusion contradicted their own data. If you’re going to make claims, back it up.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join