It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is literally no science supporting the use of cloth masks or even surgical masks. The only time a mask is useful is if you are symptomatic, if you’re symptomatic you should be home, not out and about.

The water droplets from asymptomatic infections are smaller than the pore size of these masks. By not wearing a mask I can control where my droplets go, by wearing a mask I have no control, they leak out the side by your ears, go out through your nose and fog your glasses. The science is clear on masks, they have never worked.
edit on 1-1-2022 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AverageWang

Masks will stop if you are coughing and sneezing, they will stop large droplets. They will stop nothing else. They do not stop aerosols which is what everyone is wearing them for. They are useless unless you are being coughed on or are going to cough on someone.

How many people keep their mask on while they cough or sneeze?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's an employee thing here for the most part. That seems to me to be ironic because you know none of those employees are then going out in public themselves and wearing the masks because no one out in public is wearing them for the most part. Additionally, I can go into a place like Chipotle and none of the employees are wearing the masks on their noses but underneath, so it's just for show.
edit on 1-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Extremistcontent

Yeah, I'm guilty of taking my mask off to sneeze and them sneezing in the crook of my arm. I just couldn't think about sneezing in the mask and them wearing it on my face.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That is NOT why they are used in Healthcare all the time. They're used in Healthcare because of the risk of BLOOD SPLATTER, how much blood splatter do you run in to on a daily basis?

Furthermore, do you honestly believe a PIECE OF PAPER or worse cloth that catches everything it comes in contact with actually does anything?

Do you also believe a chain link fence can stop water from a hose?

You wear a mask and judge others who don't because you want to tell yourself you're a good caring person and they're not. You don't actually care if the mask is effective or not, t's all about your ego.

If you did care, you'd know person bubbles stop 100% of micro transmissions and many other possible diseases or causes of death, so why pat yourself on the back for the .000001% impact a mask may have, when you could insist on everyone being required to leave their homes in a personal bubble that offers 100% protection? Why do you pretend to care, when a much more effective solution is available?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

LOL, abandoning you thread is one way to keep yourself civil.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's an employee thing here for the most part. That seems to me to be ironic because you know none of those employees are then going out in public themselves and wearing the masks because no one out in public is wearing them for the most part. Additionally, I can go into a place like Chipotle and none of the employees are wearing the masks on their noses but underneath, so it's just for show.

I see that in most places. They have the mask on, so that ticks that box. I usually have my nose free as well so I can breath easier, when I have to wear one. Otherwise, I don't. I'm not scared and I don't get close to people. I like my space, and assume they do as well.

I had a boss in the military that was both a skoal chewer, and a close talker. Bad combination. That unpleasantness instilled a will to give folks their personal space forevermore.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I drive a taxi. I don't wear a mask because when I do my glasses steam up and I can't see properly. So which is more risky ?

I come in to close contact in a small space with hundreds of different people coming out of airport, clubs, pubs, etc and so far as I know I've not had covid.

I got the first two jags, but decided not to get the booster because I believe that Omicron is not as dangerous as the previous variants so I'm prepared to catch it and tough it out if that's what happens.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd say 99% of the population doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

99% of the population have not been fit tested, thus negating the efficacy of masks.

People wearing masks are often touching their faces before and after donning masks, negating the efficacy of masks.

Masks are a symbol of obedience and virtue signaling.

You’re wrong, many studies have been done and they show wearing masks prevented more illness then no masks… and this is old news. Deliberate ignorance does not indicate factual knowledge.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
I drive a taxi. I don't wear a mask because when I do my glasses steam up and I can't see properly. So which is more risky ?

I come in to close contact in a small space with hundreds of different people coming out of airport, clubs, pubs, etc and so far as I know I've not had covid.

I got the first two jags, but decided not to get the booster because I believe that Omicron is not as dangerous as the previous variants so I'm prepared to catch it and tough it out if that's what happens.

The time lag between infection and hospitalisation with previous variants seems to be about 35 days so at this point it's not really clear how dangerous Omicron might be.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If I am in a crowded area (supermarket) I will mask up so if I pop positive I can honestly tell my boss I did it right didn't help.

I have had multiple doctors tell me the mask is useless, not that it only helps a little, useless as in like a band aid for a sucking chest wound useless. that was before Omnicron so this is even more useless now.

So, when I am in areas where the business isn't mandating it, or the town isn't worried I don't unless I see I am going to be in close with elderly, in which case I'll do it for their peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd say 99% of the population doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

99% of the population have not been fit tested, thus negating the efficacy of masks.

People wearing masks are often touching their faces before and after donning masks, negating the efficacy of masks.

Masks are a symbol of obedience and virtue signaling.

You’re wrong, many studies have been done and they show wearing masks prevented more illness then no masks… and this is old news. Deliberate ignorance does not indicate factual knowledge.

And going out in public in a personal bubble is proven to stop 99.9% more than a mask does. So why do you argue for inferior protection when a far more effective solution exists?

Don't you care about generic lives? Don't you have a soul? What kind of monster would be pushing for a ineffective solution that only virtue signals when an actual effective solution exists?

If you folks actually care about lives, math and slowing the spread even if that means imposing your will on others, why do you do it in such a half ass way? If all this is truly for our own protection, why are you not advocating for the most effective way possible to protect us?

It's almost like you're full of # and only care about the righteousness you think excuses the fact you're a horrible person. 🤔

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Is that why South Africa is already seeing their infection spike dropping?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Is that why South Africa is already seeing their infection spike dropping?

Hopefully, yes.

But they did enforce a lot of restrictions, like curfews etc to get there. Here in the UK, not so much and it's rife:

"After two years, we now know this virus well,” he wrote. “We know the proven measures to control transmission: mask use, avoiding crowds, maintaining physical distancing, practicing hand and respiratory hygiene, opening windows for ventilation, testing and contact tracing. We know how to treat the disease it causes and improve the chances of survival for people suffering serious illness. With all these learnings and capacities, the opportunity to turn this pandemic around for good is in our grasp.”

Source:

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 1-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

One size doesnt fit all with restrictions and until people finally realize that nothing we try to "control" a virus will work.

What worked in South Africa won't necessarily work in London but might work in Georgia. Local govts need to look at the facts in their area, whil the big govt needs to shut up and assist because one size fits all don't work.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If we really knew all that and it worked, why are we going into our third year of telling ourselves this time, we'll get a handle on it and stop it in its tracks?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If we really knew all that and it worked, why are we going into our third year of telling ourselves this time, we'll get a handle on it and stop it in its tracks?

Because.... Boris is a buffoon?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'll leave this here to underscore my point. Here we have a limited community in an extremely isolated area. We have people who better "believe in the science" being a pack of scientists themselves. They know how to maintain a very controlled environment both because they are scientists and because their survival depends on it. They followed all those wonderful things you swear will control the 'Rona ...

AND IT STILL GOT THEM!

edit on 1-1-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'll leave this here to underscore my point. Here we have a limited community in an extremely isolated area. We have people who better "believe in the science" being a pack of scientists themselves. They know how to maintain a very controlled environment both because they are scientists and because their survival depends on it. They followed all those wonderful things you swear will control the 'Rona ...

AND IT STILL GOT THEM!

Where did I "Swear" anything of the sort?!!!!

Hmmm....debating with antivaxxers always seems to end up with this sort of shouting.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join