It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid: Is a horrible variant coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
B.1.1529 😵

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Aye. That’s the one I was talking about on the last page.

www.nature.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
82 cases they know of. Worthwhile keeping an eye on this one. Botswana Variant. 82 cases...and climbing

Funny how Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Africa-focused subsampling doesn't show that at all, right now Africa doesn't even have Lambda or MU variant active only Delta and below. Delta is the overwhelmingly active variant

even in South Africa, the Rt is going up, but so far we aren't seeing the cases and hospitalizations rise yet.

I'm not ready to freak on this yet, but Ive been watching what pops on Nextstrain every few days. Here is more about the new strain, it sounds like the same fear and worry over MU and Lambda but we will see.

vancouversun.com... 70de728

The new variant, called B.1.1529 until a Greek letter is assigned, has a “very unusual constellation” of mutations, which are concerning because they could help it evade the body’s immune response and make it more transmissible, scientists told reporters at a news conference

B.1.1.529 is “clearly very different” from previous incarnations, Tulio de Oliveira, a bio-informatics professor who runs gene-sequencing institutions at two South African universities, said at a briefing on Thursday.

“Here is a mutation variant of serious concern,” Health Minister Joe Phaahla said at the same media event. “We were hopeful that we might have a longer break in between waves — possibly that it would hold off to late December or even next year January.”

edit on 25-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Is another hoax, the flu season is here and guess what is going to infect and kill and flu kills children, this going to be soo predictable is not funny.

Go get the darn booster people or you are going to die.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I bet big pharma are already salivating at the prospect of seasonal flu killing people and the CDC tagging them to another hoax variant soo the boosters can be pushed for maximum profit making, darn the jabs are drying out the pharma pockets.

This is becoming soo predictable is not funny, but hey keep living in your alternative covid scaremongering world.

The covid Koolaid addiction is starting to wear off.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

82 cases they know of. Worthwhile keeping an eye on this one. Botswana Variant. 82 cases...and climbing

Funny how Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Africa-focused subsampling doesn't show that at all, right now Africa doesn't even have Lambda or MU variant active only Delta and below. Delta is the overwhelmingly active variant

even in South Africa, the Rt is going up, but so far we aren't seeing the cases and hospitalizations rise yet.

I'm not ready to freak on this yet, but Ive been watching what pops on Nextstrain every few days. Here is more about the new strain, it sounds like the same fear and worry over MU and Lambda but we will see.

vancouversun.com... 70de728

Do they actually have the facilities to see which variants they have there?

This might simply be a lack of knowledge, not a lack of varients.
edit on Thu Nov 25 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Well, timing is everything. A heavily mutated new strain of Covid-19 has emerged in Africa - announced today, or at least I heard it today. Likely to evade ALL vaccines. Potentially more transmissible and possibly more deadly. Although I’m not sure about that last bit, as Africa hasn’t done too badly compared to many other continents. Guess we will see if this entirely new strain is worse than Delta or just a little more transmissible.

Interesting timing too. Just as people were starting to notice a lower rate of covid in much of africa and speculating it might be from poverty allowing for less tv's etc. Though Africa was one of the first continents where lots of people had cell phones as they were adopted quicker due to there being less land lines.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: ARM1968
Well, timing is everything. A heavily mutated new strain of Covid-19 has emerged in Africa - announced today, or at least I heard it today. Likely to evade ALL vaccines. Potentially more transmissible and possibly more deadly. Although I’m not sure about that last bit, as Africa hasn’t done too badly compared to many other continents. Guess we will see if this entirely new strain is worse than Delta or just a little more transmissible.

Interesting timing too. Just as people were starting to notice a lower rate of covid in much of africa and speculating it might be from poverty allowing for less tv's etc. Though Africa was one of the first continents where lots of people had cell phones as they were adopted quicker due to there being less land lines.

While you say "less TV's" in jest, there are loads of other regional and local factors involved, when you at the continent of Africa out of the reporting countries only 2 have an extremely high Rt and even that is an estimation.

Not to mention completely different season than we are having in the northern hemisphere

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zandra

I looked into it and learned that it is currently found in a super low number of cases in South Africa. It may be more transmissible, but it does not appear to be causing greater numbers of serious illness. More transmissible doesn't mean much to me at this point. I'll only be concerned if a variant starts killing more people than what the other variants are.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I bet big pharma are already salivating at the prospect of seasonal flu killing people and the CDC tagging them to another hoax variant soo the boosters can be pushed for maximum profit making, darn the jabs are drying out the pharma pockets.

This is becoming soo predictable is not funny, but hey keep living in your alternative covid scaremongering world.

The covid Koolaid addiction is starting to wear off.

Boosters won’t defend against this variant. They’ll need a whole new vaccine. Experts suggesting this mega mutation may have occurred in an immuno compromised person in a single hit, possibly an aids/hiv sufferer. I find that both interesting and alarming.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There are always very deadly variants popping up. However, they cannot out compete milder variants. The first wave of vaccination killed off the milder alpha and put the deadlier delta into dominance. They haven't updated their vax, but if they do that, then they will kill off delta and put mu into dominance and trust me you don't want mu.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it'd be a bummer if i caught the new one and died before i got my last covid check.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

All good things come to an end one day.

ALL of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If the corona was really good at killing conservatives

the government would not oppose it.

therefore the corona must be good at killing liberals and the government is terrified.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm still researching all the 30 plus mutations on this one. Will post more later.

However, this one is being spread by vaxxed travelers. They catch it. Show their vax passport and bring it country to country.

(pertaining to the spread to Hong Kong & the U.K.)
____
“The preliminary report revealed that all the four had been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. As part of the continuing investigations into the virus to establish and contain its local transmissions, contact tracing has revealed close contacts who are currently awaiting their results and the public will be informed regarding the outcome of the exercise,” further read a statement from Masupu.

Four Cases of New Covid Variant

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
B.1.1529 😵

Ok. Looks like they think that B.1.1.529 might be spread entirely thru the air. Pertaining to the cases found in Hong Kong, these people were all vaccinated arriving on different flights from different countries. There is one case from a hotel where the 2 guests never met each other but their rooms shared the same hall (lingered in the air).

A new and likely more infectious Covid-19 mutant variant was detected from the two imported cases involved in the Regal Airport Hotel transmission case, health authorities said on Thursday.

Health experts earlier suggested airborne transmission after inspecting the Chek Lap Kok hotel, saying a patient spread the virus to another person living across the corridor through the air.
The center also reported six imported cases, including a one-year-old baby girl, two men and three women aged 17 to 45.

Apart from the baby girl, the other five patients had received two doses of Covid-19 vaccine before.

Among them, four arrived in Hong Kong on Tuesday, including a 28-year-old man from France on flight CX260, a 35-year-old woman from the Philippines on flight 5J272, a 45-year-old man from Russia on flight FV4501 and a 32-year-old woman from Nepal on flight RA409.

The baby girl and a 17-year-old girl traveled to Hong Kong on Sunday on flight EK384. The baby traveled from Bangladesh via the United Arab Emirates while the teenager traveled from Thailand.

Hong Kong Detects New Mutant Variant B.1.1.529--Adds 6 Imported Cases

As I have been saying for months, Bayer is harvesting mutations among the HIV poz in the former larger South Africa which includes Botswana/Rhodesia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland. Looks like the harvested Covid mutations are ripe for the pickins or escape around the world.

32 mutations in one strain. Now we know that ain't natural.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Is it a variant or is it??? hm

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Either Pfizer released a new variant or they are starting to condition people to believe this variant is what is killing people when its really going to be from the "vaccine."

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

How do you figure that new strains = less death + more transmission?

You sound like you know what you're on about...but it just doesnt eqial reality.

Food for thought...delta is bad

Well he's right. Mutations do not usually favor things that kill that host when talking about mutations in parasites, viruses, bacteria. They favor things that make transmission easier. Sometimes mutations can be more deadly, but they are outliers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join