It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to wear a mask if I am vaccinated?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed it's virtual signaling, plus people who are vaccinated don't want to get anything from the unvaccinated or they don't want people to think they are a Republican.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Mask is a sign of submission, nothing else, do as we said and no question asks.

I do not wear them never did, actually but in extreme circumstances and if I avoid any premises that required them, their lost my gain.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Possibly due to this:

beckernews.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Clearly from February last year.

Things change in over a year, ya know.

That tweet, were it not so tragic is hilarious. How things change indeed.

I get and it doesn't take a genius to workout, they can be effective if you are coughing and spluttering in the supermarket but if your coughing and spluttering during a pandemic your really shouldn't be going to the supermarket. For asymptomatic people i still struggle to see how they stop much, let alone outside. But I guess masks are a comfort blanket for the concerned, and also a tick in the box for governments to say they are doing something.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't wear masks either, I haven't since Janurary of this year , I live in Florida and they don't care if you wear them or not. I did when i lived in Maine because if you didn't wear a stupid mask you were not allowed inside stores, they refused to let you in. It was getting ridiculous so we moved down here. My dauhgter has been going to in person school since we moved here and she doesn't need to wear a mask in school, unless she wanted to but she doesn't like them.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Because it's getting harder and harder for them to hide breakthrough cases. You can still get and spread COVID-19 to others after being vaccinated. According to tbe CDC you being vaccinated don't actually protect others despite how loudly the virtue signalers scream it. Don't get mad at the unvaxed get mad at those who enabled gain of function research.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is funny how the CDC could have just called me direct this last year and asked what we should do any given day of the week and my answers would have been 10x better than what the experts have done...geez.

Do they ever get anything right?
edit on 28-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

My daughter lives in Florida and so my son, that is where I went during the hype of the scaremongering pandemic to feel free and liberated, nobody care we dined, partied and enjoy life within strangers, ask me if I ever even go a runny nose, nothing, nada, healthy as I can be.

Good bless Florida it really helped with my state of mind and well being.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Nope because miss information in the US as long it is from approved sources, is the norm legal and you better believe or else.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
NANCY PELOSI said today only a MORON would question the need for vaccinated people to wear masks.

www.foxnews.com...

She and Joe Biden need to stop insulting entire swaths of human beings. Nancy has too much confidence in that new taxpayer-funded security system she's surrounded herself with.

Nancy, before its too late.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To the OP, it’s because if you do get infected you are going to be carrying a higher viral load if/when you get symptomatic than a unvaccinated person. The shot might protect you a bit, but your still gonna spread it to others and be extremely contagious.

The fear you are seeing in CDC, MSM, and other government entities is they have the data and know the vex isn’t working as advertised and has risks higher than publicly stated. They know this blows up in their face by cold/flu season if not sooner. There is too large of a cohort that has refused to be the lab rat for the Midget Mengele to hide that if they remain steadfast in that resolve.

It’s hard to believe the 99% off hospitalizations or invaded when I’m hearing from multiple sources that work in 2 different ERs that admissions from COVID are 50/50 vacced and non-GMO human.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: chr0naut

At 1 chance in 1,000, if you come into close enough contact with 1,000 infected people, like in a crowd, you're going to get it. That's how the numbers work.

So using that logic, if I buy a lottery ticket of which there's only 1000, I'm definitely going to win.

The fear mongering is nauseating.

No, you got the probability wrong. If there are only 1,000 lottery tickets, and you buy 1,000 of them, you are going to win.

The Laws of Probability would show there is a chance you would not .
If there was 1,0000 tickets , and 10,000 possible outcomes , would one have a 100% chance ?
No .

OK, whatever. I'm fairly sure that lottery companies that set lotteries with such long odds, such that it is unlikely that anyone would win, would come under government scrutiny for fraud and theft.

Wouldn't that apply as well to folks that publish inaccurate information ?

Hmmm. Bit of an obvious segue, there.

That the only obscure term you know ?

No, I think I have a fairly good vocabulary. You?

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientBunnySuit

Every vaccine has a breakthrough percentage. 2.5% is the accepted norm. Anything more risks an unacceptable rate of adverse vaccine reaction; anything seriously compromises the effectiveness of the vaccine.

This one has a breakthrough of 0.098% which might explain the adverse effects.

Yes, there will be breakthrough cases, but they are not the straw breaking the camel's back, much like restaurants were never hotbeds of spread.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Perhaps they are trying to get rid of COVID-19 by as many ways as they can, to make it happen faster.

As has been pointed out, even vaccinated people can still transfer the virus around even if they get it out of their systems faster.

If past performance of the flu vaccines, and the fact coronavirus strains has been around as long as I can remembered.

And there has never been an effective vaccine for the seasonal cold.

Why would you ever think covid was actually going away?

Anyway.

Breakthrough Cases Rising With Delta: Here's What That Means

www.webmd.com...

Unfortunately, it's not so simple. Fully vaccinated people continue to be well protected against severe disease and death, even with Delta, but so-called breakthrough cases, where a person gets infected despite being fully vaccinated, are on the rise. Because of that, many experts continue to advise caution, even if fully vaccinated.

"I was disappointed," Leana Wen, MD, an emergency doctor and visiting professor of health policy and management at George Washington University's Milken School of Public Health in Washington, D.C., told CNN in response to the president's statement.

"I actually thought he was answering questions as if it were a month ago. He's not really meeting the realities of what's happening on the ground," she said. "I think he may have led people astray."

Just sit back and enjoy the bounty of nature…..

Yes. The last remark is sarcasm. But, sometimes, you have to let nature nature.

A couple of years ago, the SARS-CoV-2 virus probably didn't exist.

It's rather defeatist to assume that it is here forever.

Already, some countries have achieved herd immunity through vaccination.

New case numbers which were growing exponentially a few months ago, are now reducing.

Some countries have no cases of COVID-19 among their general population at all, and this was achieved before there was any vaccines available.

So to assume it is a 'forever' problem is ignoring pertinent facts.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The US Surgeon General said masks are NOT effective in preventing the general public from catching China Virus.

So what changed?
The size of the virus...or the size of the mask fiber net?

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What’s one of the virus that causes the common cold?

Its name starts with a c….

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What countries have never had a case of covid 19?

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Mask is a sign of submission, nothing else, do as we said and no question asks.

I do not wear them never did, actually but in extreme circumstances and if I avoid any premises that required them, their lost my gain.

No, why would anyone require a sign of submission?

If the government really wanted to control you, they could ruin you financially, falsely accuse you of a crime, or classify you as a threat to 'national security', without even having to say why.

In the USA, more of its citizens are incarcerated, both per capita, and also in absolute numbers, than any other country in the world. This started happening when they allowed privately run prisons, it wasn't always the case.

If you look at the crime rate of the USA, it is close to the median value of all countries.

This begs the question, why are so many in prison there? Are they being imprisoned for reasons other than crime? Are they being held for longer than the crime rate warrants?

Clearly, also, having heavy imprisonment has had no impact upon the crime rate, which has stayed close to the median, even going back into history.

Clearly the privately run prisons profit from keeping their facilities full. Think about that, alongside the other facts just mentioned.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The US Surgeon General said masks are NOT effective in preventing the general public from catching China Virus.

So what changed?
The size of the virus...or the size of the mask fiber net?

Masks don't stop people from catching the virus. They can't filter it out of the air. Even the M95 masks cannot filter out something as small as a virus. But masks can reduce the velocity of air flow, and so can prevent people from transmitting the virus to others.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You

If the government really wanted to control you, they could ruin you financially

Like by shutting down your business with lockdowns, and placing people on government handouts?

Putting large portions of the population effectively on house arrest. Then start implementing covid passports?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join