It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to wear a mask if I am vaccinated?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

The latest propaganda is that virtually every new case is among the unvaccinated and virtually non-existent in the vaccinated population. I have also read where fully 50% of new cases are, in fact, among those already vaccinated.
If you believe their propaganda, what does the vaccinated have to fear? Nothing!

The truth is that this latest Delta strain is making liars of the people telling us the vaccine is effective, when it will eventually be shone to be a complete experimental failure.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: chr0naut

At 1 chance in 1,000, if you come into close enough contact with 1,000 infected people, like in a crowd, you're going to get it. That's how the numbers work.

So using that logic, if I buy a lottery ticket of which there's only 1000, I'm definitely going to win.

The fear mongering is nauseating.

No, you got the probability wrong. If there are only 1,000 lottery tickets, and you buy 1,000 of them, you are going to win.

The Laws of Probability would show there is a chance you would not .
If there was 1,0000 tickets , and 10,000 possible outcomes , would one have a 100% chance ?
No .
edit on 7/27/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

1 in 1,000 chance every time I come into contact with it.

I am as likely to drown. Ought I to start avoiding all bodies of water too?

You'll probably be OK, in the water, just don't try on any cement shoes.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

At 1 chance in 1,000, if you come into close enough contact with 1,000 infected people, like in a crowd, you're going to get it. That's how the numbers work.

So using that logic, if I buy a lottery ticket of which there's only 1000, I'm definitely going to win.

No, you got the probability wrong. If there are only 1,000 lottery tickets, and you buy 1,000 of them, you are going to win.

If there was 1,0000 tickets , and 10,000 possible outcomes , would one have a 100% chance ?
No .

OK, whatever. I'm fairly sure that lottery companies that set lotteries with such long odds, such that it is unlikely that anyone would win, would come under government scrutiny for fraud and theft.

edit on 27/7/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

There is no data to support this 4th reversal from the CDC. This isn't about data and it certainly isn't about science. At some point one should look at the bigger picture.

This is about control and the great reset.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No .

OK, whatever. I'm fairly sure that lottery companies that set lotteries with such long odds, such that it is unlikely that anyone would win, would come under government scrutiny for fraud and theft.

Wouldn't that apply as well to folks that publish inaccurate information ?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No, you got the probability wrong.

It's actually got nothing to do with probabilities, it's much much simpler than that.

If you're scared of getting sick because you'll be in a big crowd, #$%^@ stay at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You don't understand the mathematics. If you buy 1000 lottery tickets of which there are only 1000, you're definitely going to win.

If you have a 1 in 1000 probability of something happening every time it gets an opportunity and it has 1000 opportunities, that something will probably happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

No, you got the probability wrong.

It's actually got nothing to do with probabilities, it's much much simpler than that.

If you're scared of getting sick because you'll be in a big crowd, #$%^@ stay at home.

It has almost nothing to do with how you feel about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No .

Wouldn't that apply as well to folks that publish inaccurate information ?

Hmmm. Bit of an obvious segue, there.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It has almost nothing to do with how you feel about it.

True, feels don't come into it. Actual facts do though.

80% almost entirely unaffected
IFR ≈ 0.15%

Mass vaccination is not warranted.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
imagne youre face wthout a mask.
you look like a donkey makng love with an orangutan/

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Ok so I am following your logic on how the vaccines aren't "perfect" but, in your estimation when will it be "safe" to take the masks off? In my little hamlet we were at about 95% unmasked this entire "pandemic" and now i haven't seen anyone at all wearing a mask since the CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks anymore. So when will it be safe to not wear a mask?

link   

edit on 27-7-2021 by Chalcedony because: Double post

link   
Uh, nobody has said the truth in the first page or the last page (3 pages f posts so far….), you are already infected.

That is the truth. We are all infected.

A mask keeps us from spreading it. The vax just keeps us from showing symptoms. Ain’t the same thing as Covid free.

So, you are a dirty sponge. And contagious.

Wear a damn mask and quit bitch!ng about your “freedoms” (you ain’t go any! Stop paying taxes and prove me wrong!)
edit on 27-7-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Dumb autocorrect

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Do you really have to ask this question? I think the answer has been clear since the first mask and distancing edicts were mandated back in March of last year. The answer is really quite simple and direct. I'll tell you ...

BECAUSE THEY SAID SO!

That is all you need to know. Now, shut up and submit, citizen. NOW!

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Masks are an indicator of control and obedience.

2nd

and to make it complete if you get the shot you show them your full submission. That's all they want, they just want you to show them you believe.. its the ultimate submission.

Masks and respirators do not work.

There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.

Mask's dont work and never have

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Ok so I am following your logic on how the vaccines aren't "perfect" but, in your estimation when will it be "safe" to take the masks off? In my little hamlet we were at about 95% unmasked this entire "pandemic" and now i haven't seen anyone at all wearing a mask since the CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks anymore. So when will it be safe to not wear a mask?

That depends on the number of cases in your area. Where I live, in New Zealand, we don't have any cases of COVID-19 outside of quarantine. It's been that way for months. So I can't see that anyone in New Zealand needs to wear a mask. But if we had an outbreak, it would probably be a good idea to wear masks again, at least until all the cases had been brought under control again.

But if there are cases among the general public in your area, then it isn't too much of an imposition to wear a mask in public for a while.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join