It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Students filed a discrimination complaint over transgender competition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CrazyWater

I never could develop the upper body power to get much in the throws. Coordination wasn't the problem. These days I'm noticing that I'm getting power in the upper body and muscle mass a lot easier, so I think it was a simple maturity/metabolism issue then.

So after the first couple years, I did mainly long and short hurdles and the high jump. Always nice to run into someone else who used to run in college.

I agree, I do bodybuilding now, figure. I cant imagine if they started letting trans-males compete in our different divisions. This whole thing is just madness

I've gotten into tae kwon do, and I'm starting to get back into competition. At some point, I'll start learning sparring, and if I compete at that, it's not impossible that I end up placed against a trans in physical contact sport. At least it's supposed to be a control game more than a power one, but still doesn't change the physical speed/reaction advantage.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I raced bicycle motocross (BMX). There were always a few girls who could beat boys in the younger age groups up until about 11 or 12. Once the boys puberty kicked in, girls in no way can compete with boys of similar age and skillset. Even at the Olympics, the women run on a slightly different track with smaller jumps as they can't carry as much speed to clear some of the larger jumps on the men's track.

When I first started racing, I got beat by a girl. Literally, my 2nd time on a track as a beginner, I could barely get around teh track without crashing. The girl though had just placed 1st or 2nd at the World Championships - literally on Nickelodeon or ESPN a few weeks earlier. She barely beat me. So me a brand new beginner was barely beat by the girls World Champion who was a year older than me....

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How is it we are supposed to "trust science" when being scolded by our masters on what's good for us, but in this case, I guess science doesn't matter? Now we are disregarding the scientific fact men and women are built different?

Now we don't trust science. Got it. Totally consistent and logical.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I am very happy for this biological females, but as usual it will be countersue for yes you got it, more discrimination.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wheres that spiderman meme where he be pointing at himself.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Men should compete against men and women should
compete against other women! I am sorry if this is not
being politically correct this is my opinion!

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Men should compete against men and women should
compete against other women! I am sorry if this is not
being politically correct this is my opinion!

You should compete in the chromosome group you are born in.
We now have a secretary of health and “she” has testicles.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's SCIENCE!

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Which science is the most pure?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ain't nuthin' pure about Rachel Levine.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lysergic

Ain't nuthin' pure about Rachel Levine.

not true. Pure proof that an ugly dude, makes an ugly woman.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
It's transphobic to complain until it's your child misses out on a 4 year degree free ride? Then what.

I can see a gonad free category coming. We'll see how dedicated the players are.

That would only help a little. If you had gonads pumping testosterone for 10+ years you are gonna build lifetime long extra strong tendons and muscle memory at the very least. Bone structure and density will also add to a big net positive gain. These and other scientifically proven physical advantages for men will have a profound affect on the advantages for even men that no longer have nads. Nads aren't the only player in the game as far as what is causing the physical advantages for men (pun fun).

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ambition knows no bounds.

This isn't a national policy issue, it's a sports issue, and by definition pan-national (eg. World Record).

Is the answer is to allow three sexes in the Olympics ( as a benchmark) Female, Male, and Trans.

Gold medals across the board, equal and seperate status for each of the three.

Why doesn't this work?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Not that I want any harm to come to a female athlete.....

But

Just for purposes of demonstration, I’d like to see someone like Brock Lesnar openly taunt the whackjobs on the left and ‘extremely sarcastically’ claim to identify as a woman and DEMAND (the leftists favourite go-to) a match with Cyborg Santos

And destroy her in seconds

Outrage would ensue. Leftist hypocrisy would sweep the nation from front to back as they screeched about the unfairness of the heavyweight match

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

My husband already said as much, and in sports where there is no contact like track and field, it would work. You would simply allow the trans to run in the race of whatever gender they identified as and their time would be marked with an asterisk and pulled to compare against other asterisk times worldwide for results because there would never likely be enough trans to fully fill out a true trans division.

But in sports with contact like team sports or combat sports or sports where physicality is directly applied head to head (tennis, etc.), it's highly problematic because women won't gain enough advantage from testosterone doping to overcome the innate male advantage and men aren't going to be knocked down enough by taking female hormones to have that innate advantage overcome to make it fair to put them with women.

Castor Semenya only gives you a bit of an idea of what we're talking about. She had a freakish mutation in her genes that juiced her with a highly abnormal level of testosterone for a women, even more than most female athletes who generally naturally all have higher levels of testosterone for ladies (this is a fact, we do - it's part of what gives us the competitive drive) and we were all exposed to higher levels of it in utero from our mothers. But it does not even begin to compare to what Mother Nature gives to the girliest boy.

edit on 27-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don’t agree with you guys on much but I do agree with this. Trans women have an unfair advantage over women. Not great on Biden’s part.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: scauma
I don’t agree with you guys on much but I do agree with this. Trans women have an unfair advantage over women. Not great on Biden’s part.

That's because they aren't women. Feeding a mental illness by pretending it is something else is completely against the hippocratic oath.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Sucks everybody being treated equal, huh?

The hypocrisy never fails to astonish.

Give 'em an inch and they'll shove the mile down your throat.

It's funny how the more you begin to treat people equally, the more you realize people aren't equal....

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: Snarl
Sucks everybody being treated equal, huh?

The hypocrisy never fails to astonish.

Give 'em an inch and they'll shove the mile down your throat.

It's funny how the more you begin to treat people equally, the more you realize people aren't equal....

That's why it has been and should always be equal opportunity instead of equity or equal outcome.

If I want to be a firefighter as a woman, that's fine, but I have to be able to meet the very real physical requirements of the job, and not many women can. Those that can absolutely should be able to be firefighters, but if I can't do it, then those standards should not be lowered for me to make people feel better about things. There are very real reasons why those physical standards are what they are, and those standards are life and death, not just for me as the firefighter, but for my colleagues and members of the public who may end up relying on me to save their lives.

And that's just one example.

Here we're arguing competitive fairness, but there are other places in the real world where this is life and death.
edit on 27-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Women's rights verses Transgender rights.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join